• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Robin Williams dead at 63

Rest In Peace.

Great actor and great comedian.
Just reading on what apparently happened and it's such a shame. It's issue I think doesn't get enough attention and is a growing issue globally in all ages and form.

Last edited:
R.I.P.

Very sad news. Mrs. Doubtfire was one of my favourite movies as a kid, while I loved his performance in Good Will Hunting.

Very tragic endings for that room in Julliard him and Christopher Reeve.

I think my films I loved him best in were.
Mrs Doubtfire
Good Morning Vietnam
And Happy Feet. I got his version of My Way in Spanish for the iPod.

whaaaaat ?!!! crap...they were just airing Flubber on TV earlier tonight...he was a special man, one of those comedians who shows signs that there's really suffering and a whole lot more than just light humor and superficial Hollywood things (a bit like Jim Carey has lots hiding under those faces he makes)...possibly a suicide they say. At 63, killing yourself ?? fkk...that's brutal. He must have been dragging the pain all those years until it was just too much and pulled the plug at 63. Hopefully it wasn't a suicide.

You guys know the actor Charles Rocket ? He played in "It's Pat !"
http://www.imdb.com/***le/tt0110169/?ref_=nv_sr_1

He was a Saturday Night Live performer and was living the comedian's dream. Big time, movies (he's also the bad guy in Dumb n Dumber...), the whole package. He committed suicide and we later discovered he was horribly unhappy with his life and depressive...excellent actor, funny dude, very intelligent, tall, good looking...
There's a whole lot more than meets the eye sometimes...a whole lot more.

The tragic truth is that people who are funny on the outside are sometimes haunted by demons on the inside; Freddie Prinz, Tony Hancock, Charlie Claverie (a.k.a. Charles Rocket), Richard Jeni and now Robin Williams.

His best film IMO, "Awakenings" (Robin Williams, Robert De Niro)

Last edited:
Terrible news. My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Jumanji and Hook, Whilst not his best films were always my favourite

Pillar of my childhood. Loved his serious performances in Good Will Hunting and Insomnia, as well as his iconic comedic roles. Really, really sad to hear he's gone. Oh Captain, My Captain!

Last edited:
I'm so sad about this.

all the movies stated above are some of my all time favourites from childhood, but the role which has been a part of my life and brought me so much joy was his role as the Genie in Aladdin.

Me and my wife was just watching one of his latest movies on Sunday afternoon, License to wed.

A true legend of comedy and a great actor, but as said comedians especially of that generation had some very dark places.

Isn't there a thread on here about depression.

I mean having suffered it humour is certainly the easiest way to mask it.

RIP

A bit of a heroe of mine. I looked uo to him when i was younger. Seemed like a genuinely nice man

Truly a great and a tragic loss. I had no idea he was struggling in his personal life. One of the very few comedic actors that you can watch in movies like 'Dead poet society' and 'Goodwill hunting' and he owns thse roles; you wouldn't say he was better known as a comedic actor if you didn't know while watching those movies.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

A true legend of comedy and a great actor, but as said comedians especially of that generation had some very dark places.

Isn't there a thread on here about depression.

I mean having suffered it humour is certainly the easiest way to mask it.

RIP

Many funny men (and women) have suffered from severe depression. I am in a constant state of 'depression' (don't medicate since I can function without it), and yet most people wouldn't know because I am a bit of a comedian myself when I'm around others. Outside I seem bubbly and outgoing, but inside I'm all gloom and doom*.

*See Elric of Melnibone... :p

I never knew until today that Robin Williams was a massive rugby fan, and was friend with Lomu.

Wow, I never knew that. Kinda sad to find out too late that he was a fellow rugby (and ABs) fan.

das

Latest posts