• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Shane Williams

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
Australia's Commonsense doesn't accept Shane as a good winger either.

He's good, but not as good as alot of the Southern Hemisphere wingers.
[/b]

Fair enough.
I think we've all made our views on the man (excessively, for a long time now).
Neither of the two sides are ever going to convince one another to think alike.

P.O.V accepted. [/b][/quote]

Very respectable :) :bravo:
[/b][/quote]

Funny how I was able to start a 3-page arguement in Off-Topic with one post!!

<div class='quotemain'>
Wow...does he have excellent tiptoe skills? Agility And jinking?Woooow...Tons of brownies in the super 14 can do what shane williams can do which is why im not impressed...If i wanna see some tip toe, jinking agile players i just watch ther super 14, Serously you should watch it sometime.We've got wingers to you know...
[/b]

Yeah, coz Super 14 has been throwing a world of class rugby at us this season, hasn't it?
It has been attrocious this season; there are better Guinness premiership games going on, and i used to love the super 14.

But i don't expect the NZ arrogance to accept Shane as agood winger - it just wouldn't be "kiwi" of you.
[/b][/quote]

Gee i dunno i guess removing 22 all blacks from the super 14 might have a little effect on the quality of rugby games that have been on lately. I'd like to the Guiness premiership remove 22 star players and see if it would still be so great because im sure its known for its world class rugby (haha)

But i don't expect Wales arrogance to accept Shane as a OVERATED winger - it just wouldn't be "welsh" like of you

But i don't expect Wales arrogance to accept Shane as a OVERATED winger - it just wouldn't be "welsh" like of you
[/b]

I have no idea what you're on about.
The Welsh are humble folk - no arrogance this side of the hemisphere sorry, mate.

Gee i dunno i guess removing 22 all blacks from the super 14 might have a little effect on the quality of rugby games that have been on lately. I'd like to the Guiness premiership remove 22 star players and see if it would still be so great because im sure its known for its world class rugby (haha)

[/b]

Weaksauce.jpg

The Welsh are humble folk - no arrogance this side of the hemisphere sorry, mate.
[/b]

Welsh folk arent arrogant and are humble? And all this time i thought henson was welsh...my bad

]

Hmmm, just realised i was in the 'off topic - graphic and sig' thread...and these posts couldnt be more off topic.
Quite Ironic.

<div class='quotemain'>
Welsh folk arent arrogant and are humble? And all this time i thought henson was welsh...my bad
[/b]

Well, you can't say Gav isn't special, eh?
[/b][/quote]

Yeah he is quite a special boy isn't he? His arrogance is unrivaled and he rarely fails to blow his own trumpet when given the opportunity to do so.

U no wat, Shane Williams is 1 of the best wings, maybe even players in the world. And all u pplgoing on about nonu no that but u dont wanna admit it-nonu is like a plank. Hes got bad hands and no vision-he just runs! At least Shane is inventive

U no wat, Shane Williams is 1 of the best wings, maybe even players in the world. And all u pplgoing on about nonu no that but u dont wanna admit it-nonu is like a plank. Hes got bad hands and no vision-he just runs! At least Shane is inventive
[/b]

Im not saying shane williams is a bad winger or anything but he is honestly not that great. He might be one of the best in the nh but if he played in the super14 he'd get served on a regular basis. If SW was born in NZ, AUS he'd be a super14 player at best. But im just just saying what other ppl have been saying but its true though. Shane Williams isnt bad but he isnt as great as you ppl are making him out to be.

i thought the arguement was dropped, someone needs to get off there high horse

wales have been turning out world class wingers since the beginning of time!!

ala gerald davies IS the greatest winger of all time

not f***ing jonah lomu!!

i thought the arguement was dropped, someone needs to get off there high horse

wales have been turning out world class wingers since the beginning of time!!

ala gerald davies IS the greatest winger of all time

not f***ing jonah lomu!!
[/b]

Lora dont forget JJ, Ieuan and the rest!

jj and ieuan were both greats but gerald was the best winger of all time in my eyes!!

jpr would own cullen too

f***ing kiwis!!

jj and ieuan were both greats but gerald was the best winger of all time in my eyes!!

jpr would own cullen too

f***ing kiwis!!
[/b]

Where's the respect?

25/11/2006
New Zealand vs Wales
45 - 10
Millennium Stadium
Cardiff
Wales

5/11/2005
New Zealand vs Wales
41 - 3
Millennium Stadium
Cardiff
Wales

20/11/2004
New Zealand vs Wales
26 - 25
Millennium Stadium
Cardiff
Wales

2/11/2003
New Zealand vs Wales
53 - 37
Telstra Stadium
Sydney
Australia

21/06/2003
New Zealand vs Wales
55 - 3
Waikato Stadium
Hamilton
New Zealand

23/11/2002
New Zealand vs Wales
43 - 17
Millennium Stadium
Cardiff
Wales

29/11/1997
New Zealand vs Wales
42 - 7
Wembley Stadium
London
England

31/05/1995
New Zealand vs Wales
34 - 9
Ellis Park
Johannesburg
South Africa

4/11/1989
New Zealand vs Wales
34 - 9
Arms Park
Cardiff
Wales

11/06/1988
New Zealand vs Wales
54 - 9
Eden Park
Auckland
New Zealand

28/05/1988
New Zealand vs Wales
52 - 3
Lancaster Park
Christchurch
New Zealand

14/06/1987
New Zealand vs Wales
49 - 6
Ballymore Oval
Brisbane
Australia

1/11/1980
New Zealand vs Wales
23 - 3
Arms Park
Cardiff
Wales

11/11/1978
New Zealand vs Wales
13 - 12
Arms Park
Cardiff
Wales

2/12/1972
New Zealand vs Wales
19 - 16
Arms Park
Cardiff
Wales

14/06/1969
New Zealand vs Wales
33 - 12
Eden Park
Auckland
New Zealand

31/05/1969
New Zealand vs Wales
19 - 0
Lancaster Park
Christchurch
New Zealand

11/11/1967
New Zealand vs Wales
13 - 6
Arms Park
Cardiff
Wales

21/12/1963
New Zealand vs Wales
6 - 0
Arms Park
Cardiff
Wales

19/12/1953
New Zealand vs Wales
8 - 13
Arms Park
Cardiff
Wales

That was a pretty impressive display of scorelines.
And respect it should earn.

Not sure what it's got to do with the quality of Welsh wingers tho...

That was a pretty impressive display of scorelines.
And respect it should earn.

Not sure what it's got to do with the quality of Welsh wingers tho...
[/b]

He has a point that New Zealand have beaten Wales the majority of time they have met. But I agree with Rugby_Cymru here what's the point when we are talking about Welsh Wingers?

Because I can...

and Lora was starting to get to big for his Wellingtons with "f***ing kiwis!!"

Latest posts