• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland vs Italy, 09/02/13

What would happen in France if they got the spoon yoe? Would fans be livid?

dunno...I'm here in Qatar !! hehe...
I dunno, obviously the general public would be outraged...we're EXTREMELY self-critical, we constantly pick on ourselves and make fun of our culture etc...so I could only imagine the tidal wave of infernal sarcasm ravaging the entire country, yeh...like a.....like a plague.

Of course, it could never happen....well...............
oh **** !!...what if it ACTUALLY HAPPENED ?!!!!!!.......

DAAAAAAAAAMN YOU LITTLE GUY !!!!!!! you've planted a horrible, horrible idea in my head !!!...

FORZA ITALIA !!!!!
They'veonly put together two straight wins in the 6N once before. I just looked it up. In 2007.
They got Scotland in MField 37-17 and then beat Wales at home, 23-20; but then ended the tournament with a big-ass defeat at home to the Irish, 24-51 (8 tries to 2).

I think they've got a big, real chance of making it 3 in a row personally...I know they haven't even played this one yet, but in my mind right now they beat Scotland, and then come back well prepared and knowing how hungry Wales are and give them a similar performance they gave France, at home, with the crowd going crazy and feeling like they're achieving something special this year...a lot of momentum if they get Scotland this afternoon...

This is probably the closest to call of the week end games....I mean it is England and France to win the others, obviously,.....and not sure which side will come out on top.

If Italy play as loose as they did last week and make mistakes like last week, Scotland could win it easily as they seem to rely on and capitalise on other teams mistakes rather than create anything of their own.

However, if the Italian scrum grinds the Scots down, they get enough ball and Orquera has gotten out of the right side of the bed, the Italians should win!!

I will go for Italy's national Anthem against the Scottish dirge but Scotland to win the game if only as they are at home....and I am half Scottish!!

what a shytty first half !!! So Italy destroys our dreams of a Grand Slam this year, the very FIRST GAME of the tournament...only to play like this the next week, against a Scotland tam who looks even worse than Italy (yet somehow leads by 10...) ?!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brunel BETTER beat the crap out of his players, coz they need some bruisin for motivation to win this ffs...Scotland looked TERRIBLE, except on like one or two plays.

And I loooooove that play: inside Italian 22, Italian misses kick on ball on the ground, Scottish guy picks it up and passes to other Scot who gets tackled but somehow...LOSES THE BALL in shallow contact ?!!!!!
An ode to this match: both teams playing horribly, and one mistake from the one, leads to another from the other side !! :p

Really hope Italy picks it up in the second half......and Scotland looked waaaaayy better in Twick last week, wtf...

Scotland are playing some good Rugby... Where have the Italy who beat France gone??

20 - 3

Stuart Hogg.... Lions full back

Certainly has to be in with a shout.....long way to go yet though with 3 more internationals after this when the Scots will be hard pressed?

Maitland making a big difference for Scotland, they really look a threat with ball in hand.

Really is a game of how good were Scotland and how bad were the italians?

They have Wales and Ireland at home so Scotland can be measured better after those games but, to me, it makes the French performance of last week look even worse and Wales may just have a chance tonight!!

Scotland looked so much better during the 2nd half...what an absolute disillusion for Italy. Incredible.
34-10 ?...and it easily could have been 34-3 (until that gorgeous feed from Parisse for the score), a complete old fashioned beatdown.

Forget about putting two wins (or even 3 !!), Italy's now concerned about putting two L's in a row...

It's strange, but in hindsight, I think Italy's got it worse than France right now. Because they'll always know France was a victim of all these conditions, and France WILL play like shyt under specific circumstances; but then will rebound - but for Italy, they play one nice match at home, and then get BLOWN OUT by the second "worst" team in the tournament...that's just hopeless and bleak for the near future. Still a lot, a LOOTTTT to work on...

Defensively, they were a mess in parts. Scotland wasn't even moving fast on some of those tries/almost tries, but they were making the passes and working to gain meters gradually. Italy couldn't follow. The shhittiest passes (leading to a now traditional intercept-try for the Scots), the silliest mistakes, the clumsiest possessions...
In the second half, Italy had like 70% territory...and yet took 3 more tries up the bum. They never could convert all that work.

The forwards were NOTHING like I'd anticipated. I thought it would be similar to what England gave the Scots last week - impose their weight and strength. The Scottish forwards more than held their own, even looked good the majority of the time in the scrums against a, let's say top3 scrummaging nation...
and whenever given the chance to avoid the mere "I take the pass and run into a wall...ruck...pass out...repeat" formula and tried passing wide like against France, you'd just sit there on your couch waiting for the mistake and wondering who'll end up making it...

This is a DISASTER for Italy, and like I said, they're big boys now, this ain't 2005 Italy anymore; they're 100% responsible and accountable for each one of those 34 points against...
On a personal note, very disappointed of course......

Scotland definitely deserved this win but I'm still wondering what would have happened if Orquera had passed the ball over just one fraction of a second earlier and it would have been 20-10 instead of 27-3...

This is the emotional come down I was worried about for this Italian side, Orquera went back to his usual self and the game really started to fall apart as soon as his kick hit the post. What is with this team and not performing away from Rome?

I was expecting this game to at least be close even if it was an Scottish win but this was pathetic from Italy their worst performance since that blow out at Twickers a couple of years ago, oddly enough I could see Italy rebounding from this next week and winning at home.