• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

SA franchises in 2013

Spies vs. Kanko
Hougaard vs. James
Ndungane vs. Ndungane

Some things never change...

Habana back to Bulls and we can demand a rematch of the 2007 final!

Haha! We don't want a guy on crutches... And it took him since that final 5 years to get back to that form... He'll most probably take just as long next time...

But back to the Hougaard story... He's been back in Pretoria for a while now since his fiancee broke it off... And looks like he doesn't want to go back to England and maybe he can put more pressure on Morne Steyn and hopefully with Fouche and Pollard also in the mix, hopefully we can see more running (which I doubt)... But I can still hope...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Yes, more running will be seen, having Steyn, Hougaard, and Fouche in the mix.
What about Lionel Cronje? Fit yet?

Ah... The running in Pretoria... Steyn, Fouche, Hougaard, Kirchner...I really hope the Bulls can change their out-dated gameplan since it's a good thing to have 3 top teams in SA again.

Ah... The running in Pretoria... Steyn, Fouche, Hougaard, Kirchner...I really hope the Bulls can change their out-dated gameplan since it's a good thing to have 3 top teams in SA again.

Lol!!

We can only hope... But guys like Pollard, Clayton Blommetjies and Jurgen Visser has shown glimpses of some form of attacking prowess at the 10 and 15 channel.

But in this year's Super 15 we were one of the top try-scoring teams in the tournament so I think Frans Ludeke is slowly moving away from the old-fashioned way. Pine Pienaar, who showed some new flare during last year's Currie Cup didn't show anything new this year with his 2nd stint as the head coach, and he had a very inexperienced team for most of the season. So other factors also came into play.

But Zeke, seriously, you have a personal problem with Kirchner (probably because of your love child, Louis Ludick)... He joins the line when a try is on the cards, and scored some tries this year. I'm not worried about him.

I always thought 15 was Lionel Cronje's best position. At least that is where he had his best games for Province. Vermaak, Pollard, Hougaard, Serfontein/Venter, Engelbrecht, Basson, Visser should be an exciting backline. With Steyn, Serfontein/Venter and Kirchner a bench most teams would be very jealous of. Wouldn't be surprised to see Steyn and Kirchner get benched sooner rather than later in SR. Bulls will be fine and I think we do have 3 good teams in SA; Bulls just had more of a changing of the guard after the RWC than WP or Natal had.

I always thought 15 was Lionel Cronje's best position. At least that is where he had his best games for Province. Vermaak, Pollard, Hougaard, Serfontein/Venter, Engelbrecht, Basson, Visser should be an exciting backline. With Steyn, Serfontein/Venter and Kirchner a bench most teams would be very jealous of. Wouldn't be surprised to see Steyn and Kirchner get benched sooner rather than later in SR. Bulls will be fine and I think we do have 3 good teams in SA; Bulls just had more of a changing of the guard after the RWC than WP or Natal had.

We have the talent, that's for sure, but the guys are very very young. and I fear the majority of inexperience could be our downfall of having a successful campaign.

Lol!!

We can only hope... But guys like Pollard, Clayton Blommetjies and Jurgen Visser has shown glimpses of some form of attacking prowess at the 10 and 15 channel.

But in this year's Super 15 we were one of the top try-scoring teams in the tournament so I think Frans Ludeke is slowly moving away from the old-fashioned way. Pine Pienaar, who showed some new flare during last year's Currie Cup didn't show anything new this year with his 2nd stint as the head coach, and he had a very inexperienced team for most of the season. So other factors also came into play.

But Zeke, seriously, you have a personal problem with Kirchner (probably because of your love child, Louis Ludick)... He joins the line when a try is on the cards, and scored some tries this year. I'm not worried about him.

Hein, really... you should try to forget the insane idea I have a problem with Kirchner. He is a good full-back, but he has been awful this year. Certainly not Bok material. For some reason however, he doesn't seem to be in doubt as the starting full-back, even after a year of mediocre performances. What does the guy have to do to get replaced? My issue is that the November Tests are the perfect moment to try new combinations. There's no trophy to compete for, no series to win. Just 3 seperate tests with no other value than a simple victory. This is the perfect time to give new guys a chance. I know we have 5 uncapped players still in the squad, but come on. Why not give another full-back a go? I am not saying it has to be Ludik (without the C) but just someone else. Maybe Andries Coetzee or Gio Aplon if Ludik is not good enough but let's face it. Ludik has been the form full-back in 2012 in South Africa. There's no denying that. If the guy doesn't get a call-up after a year like this, will he ever? Just add him to the squad. Lambie is now being used at fly-half, Taute is preferred at center so we don't have a proper cover for Kirchner anyway.

Hein, really... you should try to forget the insane idea I have a problem with Kirchner. He is a good full-back, but he has been awful this year. Certainly not Bok material. For some reason however, he doesn't seem to be in doubt as the starting full-back, even after a year of mediocre performances. What does the guy have to do to get replaced? My issue is that the November Tests are the perfect moment to try new combinations. There's no trophy to compete for, no series to win. Just 3 seperate tests with no other value than a simple victory. This is the perfect time to give new guys a chance. I know we have 5 uncapped players still in the squad, but come on. Why not give another full-back a go? I am not saying it has to be Ludik (without the C) but just someone else. Maybe Andries Coetzee or Gio Aplon if Ludik is not good enough but let's face it. Ludik has been the form full-back in 2012 in South Africa. There's no denying that. If the guy doesn't get a call-up after a year like this, will he ever? Just add him to the squad. Lambie is now being used at fly-half, Taute is preferred at center so we don't have a proper cover for Kirchner anyway.

Haha I knew i'd get your attention with that post and I misspelled Ludik on purpose just to get your response.

HM actually said after the naming of the squad that he considered Taute at Fullback, but didn't want to disrupt the backline further with already 2 changes in Lambie and JP in the backline. He said that the backs have been misfiring a lot with only showing glimpses in the Oz test at Loftus but were dismal against the AB's and wanted to stick with combinations for the first test, due to the little preparation they had.

I think against Scotland, Taute will play fullback, with JDJ coming in at centre, and possibly Rhule on the wing.

But I was taught at a young age that if something is not working, the best thing to do, is change it. Oh well, I guess Heyneke Meyer has a different opinion on the matter ;)

549162_299954886772181_1255035340_n.jpg

He will, eventually. I think, longterm, this is the team:

Kitshoff
Bismarck
Jannie
Etzebeth
PSdT
Louw
Coetzee
Vermeulen

Van Zyl
Goosen
Rhule
Lambie
Jordaan
Pietersen
Taute

That would be my favourite team for the world cup

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

He will, eventually. I think, longterm, this is the team:

Kitshoff
Bismarck
Jannie
Etzebeth
PSdT
Louw
Coetzee
Vermeulen

Van Zyl
Goosen
Rhule
Lambie
Jordaan
Pietersen
Taute

That would be my favourite team for the world cup

Can't see much wrong with that...

But let's look in a broader sense to the guys that could go to the World Cup:

1. Guthro Steenkamp, Heinke van der Merv, Kitshoff, Marcel van der Merwe and Beast if his heart can hold out.
2. Bismarck, Adriaan Strauss, Chilliboy Ralepelle, Deon Fourie
3. Jannie Du Plessis, Coenie Oosthuizen, Pat Cilliers
4. Eben Etzebeth, Flip van Der Merwe, Pieter Steph du Toit
5. Juandre Kruger, Andries Bekker, Anton Bresler, Franco van Der Merwe
6. Francois Louw, Heinrich Brussouw, Marnus Schoeman, Marcell Coetzee
7. Willem Alberts, Schalk Burger, Jean Cook, Jacques Potgieter, Siya Kolisi
8. Duane Vermeulen, Pierre Spies, Arno Botha, Brynard Stander
9. Jano Vermaak, Ruan Pienaar, Francois Hougaard, Piet van Zyl, Cobus Reinach
10. Johan Goosen, Pat Lambie, Elton Jantjies, Handre Pollard, Morne Steyn
11. Raymond Rhule, Bryan Habana, Lwazi Mvovo, Willie Le Roux
12. JDJ, Jan Serfontein, Frans Steyn, Francois Venter
13. Paul Jordaan, JJ Engelbrecht, William Small Smith, Lionell Mapoe, Marcell Brache
14. JP Pietersen, Francois Hougaard, Lionell Mapoe, JJ Engelbrecht
15. Jaco Taute, Louis Ludik, Zane Kirchner, Willie Le Roux

Out of those guys only the following guys haven't been part of the Bok-setup yet:

Kitshoff, Marcel van der Merwe, Deon Fourie, Pieter Steph du Toit, Anton Bresler, Marnus Schoeman, Jean Cook, Brynard Stander, Piet van Zyl, Cobus Reinach, Handre Pollard, Willie Le Roux, Jan Serfontein, William Small Smith, Marcell Brache and Louis Ludik

That's 16 out of a potential 66 guys that could go to the World cup and there are some guys I didn't even mention that could also come into contention...

I give you 10 points for mentioning Brynard Stander in stead of CJ Stander (twice)

I give you 10 points for mentioning Brynard Stander in stead of CJ Stander (twice)

Thanks... I didn't put CJ in as we don't know what he's going to do, and if he will defect to Ireland...

No use to mention him, if he won't play for us.

Latest posts