• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWCQ] Uruguay vs. United States. 1st Leg, 22/03/14

The game is finished! Uruguay 27 - USA 27

Great game of Teros!

That was a horrendous display. If Petri is still the starting scrumhalf next match, I'm going to lose it. Two steps before every pass, doesn't even fix a defender either. Awful.

Great game, it's winner takes all next week. If anything Uruguay have shown teams should not under-estimate them and even if they don't beat the States I think they have good chance of pulling off victory in the repechage round.

I asked the same question, if you are following the ESPN in Spanish, the commentators said there was no reason to deny try for Uruguay and it was a waste of time the review

Are ... Muchas Gracias :) ... yes, it looked pretty clear that it was a try to me ... I guess Uruguay are still in with a chance to qualify, but the Eagles at home would have to be favourites

EDIT - What happens if it's a draw at the end of regular time next week? ... play extra time/golden point?

Last edited:
I was suprised how the Uruguayan bench managed to stem the tide, huge positives for Uruguayan rugby, Russia and the other repechage contendors should be nervous.

That was a horrendous display. If Petri is still the starting scrumhalf next match, I'm going to lose it. Two steps before every pass, doesn't even fix a defender either. Awful.

The bit that got me was how flat the line was; other than that 20 minute burst at the start of the second half, they were always receiving the ball at walking pace three yards from the Uruguayans.

I was suprised how the Uruguayan bench managed to stem the tide, huge positives for Uruguayan rugby, Russia and the other repechage contendors should be nervous.

... because they could be playing the Eagles :D

More pics for u, lads:

140322101211545474.jpg

140322101303862093.jpg

140322101237249746.jpg

140322101224365153.jpg

140322101250140605.jpg

how many players in a full strength USA Eagles team are fully professional ? Anyone ?

Also wanna know how many professionals are in the Uruguay team. Anyone wanna start up a thread that details the number of professionals in each tier 2/3 team? ;)

Second game today that ended 27-all. Toulouse vs. Stade Francais being the other.

If all were available and called up, USA would have 22 players at pro teams (this includes uncapped players and some in conflict with their federation, like Ngwenya). In today's squad against Uruguay, 11 starters were pros and a further 2 reserves.

Uruguay only has two pro players, of which one played today, Agustín Ormaechea from Mont de Marsan (their best player,Rodrigo Capo Ortega, has a conflict with the team coach). They also had in the squad several players from amateur clubs abroad: one from Federale 1, two from lower Italian leagues and one from an amateur Argentine team.

Latest posts