• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Samoa vs Chile (16/09/2023)

Chile's attack has lost its shape now. Trying to do some of the more fancy forwards/backs interplay that you see from Ireland and Scotland, but just not knowing what to do with the ball when they pass so far back, and then just getting caught behind the gain line.

"Rolling it across his instep"

As the screen shows a slo-mo of him clearly kicking off the outside of his foot.

there was a us national panel referee (I think might have made World Sevens series) who thought the ball had to go dead to go back for a scrum. Didn't think touch in-goal counted. My jaw dropped.
Wait so he thought going out the side of the pitch was different to dead? That's not the case in any situation right?

Ugh. Shut up commentator and let us listen to the refs.

If it takes three international officials that long to decide if he'd done something wrong or not…

I don't really see much issue there
But at least we got some nice clean and clear communication as to why a decision was made, which is way better than what we have heard before.

Honestly I think a big problem this World Cup is also commentators not knowing when to shut up when the TMO is communicating with the ref.

They need a noise like you have in F1 to play so that the commentators know to keep quiet.

The Chilean sin binned player with tears in his eyes because his brother goes off injured. Might be a bad one. :(