• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 QF2] Ireland vs New Zealand (14/10/2023)

Sexton is a graceless whining twat. He was whining throughout the match, and he showed his lack of class again swearing at Rieko after the whistle. He was a static distributor all night - one of the props could have done the same job.

What did I tell you, the logic was respected because historically Ireland has never qualified for the semi-final of a World Cup. There's going to be a beer shortage in Dublin and tomorrow morning it's going to be a hangover.
Wayne MC O'Riley Barnes did everything in this second half to make Ireland win but the opponent was not South Africa. Come back home, there's too much green in Paris.

@big ginger 8
@TRF_Olyy

Long live the Irish forum company, cheers guys. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
View attachment 18136

Yeah, you also used the same logic that Wales would make the semi-finals. How did that go for you? 🤣 🤣 🤣

I wonder if people are going to start talking about what happened pre-match during the minute silence?

There would have been a collective meltdown had another nation such as England or Australia done that
I didn't see that part to be honest. Was only able to watch from 15 mins onwards.

Ah well. Really really gutted. All Blacks were the better team on the day though.

I'm sure people will make their QF jokes and by all means enjoy them but there's no shame on going out like that. Died with our boots on. Definitely underperformed in one or two areas but came back and gave ourselves a chance to win it and the ABs were just better.

Also, I hate rugby and will deny any knowledge or interest in the game for at least a month.

What a game that was.

Ireland were always playing catch-up which made it very difficult for them. They almost pulled it off, but that was always a tough ask at the end to go 70m after such a high intensity game.

Sorry to say it, but I thought Sexton was a bit of a passenger tonight. Wasn't terrible, but looked his age, just standing still at 10 and shipping the ball on.

NZ showed they could bring the physicality + some great strike try's. Well worthy of the win.

Gutted for our Irish bretheren, I thought this was your year. But was very weary about this fixture, NZ always had a game like this in them!

I'd love to see a new RWC winner. AB played at top end of their ability in pretty much all aspects so deserve huge credit, especially with the yellow card periods. They totally shut up people like myself who thought Ireland would bully them a bit and ease to a win. Concluding a truly horrible day if predictions for me.

Ireland screwed up the lineout and spent large parts of the game leaving runners isolated in the tackle. Very uncharacteristic but the ABs were able to put the scoreboard pressure on and Ireland just didn't execute in those situations. Not a choke in my book though, just a tough loss.

I'm afraid to say (and I'm Irish), I could see Irish rugby suffer for a number of years after this loss. Never quite strong enough in the forwards, and with a number of retirements, what is the motivation for the next couple of years.
Hyperbole. Irish rugby is in rude health. We've tonnes of talented young lads coming through.

Least I can now watch 3 episodes of One Foot in the Grave to cheer me up

*It's on Yesterday for UK viewers

angry bbc GIF by britbox

What did I tell you, the logic was respected because historically Ireland has never qualified for the semi-final of a World Cup. There's going to be a beer shortage in Dublin and tomorrow morning it's going to be a hangover.
Wayne MC O'Riley Barnes did everything in this second half to make Ireland win but the opponent was not South Africa. Come back home, there's too much green in Paris.

@big ginger 8
@TRF_Olyy

Long live the Irish forum company, drink a drink guys you need it tonight.. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
View attachment 18136
You think I'm Irish?

A tough out for Ireland for sure… but you gave it everything this time and can feel proud of the exit performance, although I'm sure that means very little in the grand scheme of tings. A shade shy of that quarter final performance against Oz in '91 but an incredible effort against a massive AB showing tonight.

What a game that was.

Ireland were always playing catch-up which made it very difficult for them. They almost pulled it off, but that was always a tough ask at the end to go 70m after such a high intensity game.

Sorry to say it, but I thought Sexton was a bit of a passenger tonight. Wasn't terrible, but looked his age, just standing still at 10 and shipping the ball on.

NZ showed they could bring the physicality + some great strike try's. Well worthy of the win.

Gutted for our Irish bretheren, I thought this was your year. But was very weary about this fixture, NZ always had a game like this in them!

He certainly isn't miles ahead of every flyhalf like someone said....

Latest posts