• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 QF2] Ireland vs New Zealand (14/10/2023)

Cracking half. Best NZ have played all tournament. Ireland starting to settle, but nerves clearly there. I feel like NZ have to score quickly after the break because the more Ireland settle the harder it will get for them.

Jeez I dunno if my arse can handle another half of this match.

I'm gonna do some damage with all this clenching.

🤣

Oh looks it's the poster who said Wales would get to the semi finals and is never wrong with his predictions.

Pretty sure Ireland have beaten New Zealand before without Wayne Barnes...
Wayne Barnes who viciously helps Ireland with a yellow card for Aaron Smith.
I say it and I repeat it, the logic will be respected, the All Blacks will be in the semi-final.

It's a great match.

NZ know irelands defence and will score again, ireland will continue to score since they are just elite. This is final quality rugby, makes me excited for SA france tommorow, as a neutral its amazing.

Game on. It really looked like Ireland hadn't got off the bus, uncharacteristic sloppy play, New Zealand defending well until that Aki try and edging the physicality in the forwards for me.

NZ chips behind have clearly been a plan and got the bounce of the ball.

Ireland have have had to work really hard just to be a point behind.

They need to score before Smith comes back on.

All blacks bench may edge it

Was a clear forward pass for the break, if he goes in the bin now that's a travesty

Edit: Yeah that's a yellow, but should be an ABs scrum
I thought the same. Pass off the floor was forward!

I'm tense watching this one, I'm dreading tomorrow evening. Whose idea is a massive quarter final on Sunday at 8/9pm…

(Not in any way criticising it, all part of the rules of the game etc...) But I do chuckle a little that irelands two scorers are NZ born.

Or you could take the view that Ireland have been poor and NZ have been excellent and Ireland are still only one point behind. Any other side would be 15 points behind.
I struggle to think of another team that could of gone 13-0 down and come back into it.

Latest posts