• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Ireland vs Scotland (07/10/2023)

Scottish clubs consistently do same at club and international level. Whine too much to ref, over hype the 10 and try be macho and get outdone. Saying it now Townsend and Scotland turn sour in next 12 months. It will go stale.and coaching isn't good enough to reinvent there.

Andy Farrell on other hand. Well I remember when he 1st came to.us in Munster the joke was just stick to defense as you are world class at that and don't dilute yourself with other areas. Well thank god he didn't listen

Your not understanding...

Italy had a minimum requirement of 3rd, qualifying for 2027. They acheived a minimum, and they performed exactly as everyone thought.

In comparison, Australia had a minimum requirement of qualification to quarters, which they failed to do. Australia clearly underperformed massively.

I'd say Gerogia underperformed worse than Italy, they wanted minimum 1 win, ideally 2 wins, and a shot at auto qualification. They never managed any of that.

No you're obviously not understanding. Italy were expected to perform better than they did. As in be more competitive in their matches against New Zealand and France. The opposite happened and they looked worse than usual!

I also didn't say Italy were the only disappointing team this World Cup. I actually mentioned Australia.

That is the ultimate lol given that Scotland have owned Australia, Fiji and Georgia for years. Lay off the whisky pal.
Ye, Scotlands amazing RWC record of making semis and quarters theyd have won the group at a canter hahahahaha

let's be honest here, Scotland never qualified in 2019, and were grouped with 2 top teams because of it, they were a tough unlucky, but there have been what 10 RWC's, Scotland have qualified through the group 4 or 5 times?

That's not 26 years of bad luck let's be real.

Scottish clubs consistently do same at club and international level. Whine too much to ref, over hype the 10 and try be macho and get outdone. Saying it now Townsend and Scotland turn sour in next 12 months. It will go stale.and coaching isn't good enough to reinvent there.

Andy Farrell on other hand. Well I remember when he 1st came to.us in Munster the joke was just stick to defense as you are world class at that and don't dilute yourself with other areas. Well thank god he didn't listen
Can you return him post WC please?

No you're obviously not understanding. Italy were expected to perform better than they did. As in be more competitive in their matches against New Zealand and France. The opposite happened and they looked worse than usual!

I also didn't say Italy were the only disappointing team this World Cup. I actually mentioned Australia.
But they didnt underperform lol they won 2 and lost 2. That is exactly what they were predicted to do. Points difference doesnt make a difference.

Italy always finish 3rd, they finished 3rd, that is exactly how they always perform

You personally may have wanted them to do better v 2 teams clearly better than them, that's up to you, and your opinion wont effect the KPI's of the Italian team.

Well considering they are ranked 5th in the world, the odds would have been better in either of those groups. And they would have been more favoured to qualify.
I don't disagree bud… all I'm saying is having now seen (and been massively disappointed by) Scotland this RWC, I'm not sure it is as clear cut as everyone thought. I thought I made that quite clear tbh. 🤔

Enjoy getting to the SF. I think you'll do it.
Well on today's performance I ain't so sure… either way we'll be running into a brick wall if/when we get there. The only thing I ask if we get there is we don't 💩 the bed inside 5 minutes.

But they didnt underperform lol they won 2 and lost 2. That is exactly what they were predicted to do. Points difference doesnt make a difference.

Italy always finish 3rd, they finished 3rd, that is exactly how they always perform

You personally may have wanted them to do better v 2 teams clearly better than them, that's up to you, and your opinion wont effect the KPI's of the Italian team.

Lol. They did underperform in their losses. Not all losses are created equally. They were expected to provide more of a game against New Zealand and France. Some were even saying Italy could provide a shock! I was not one of those people btw. I expected New Zealand to win comfortably. But even I wasn't expecting them to lose in the manner they did. I don't think anyone was. Not even the most optimistic New Zealand fans. So yes, they were a disappointment because the games they played in were supposed to closer than the score lines that actually happened. A lot of Italy players underperformed and they were a disappointment.

Did you think New Zealand would put almost 100 points on Italy this World Cup?

I don't disagree bud… all I'm saying is having now seen (and been massively disappointed by) Scotland this RWC, I'm not sure it is as clear cut as everyone thought. I thought I made that quite clear tbh. 🤔

That's fair. I certainly don't think it would have been a breeze for Scotland to top groups C & D.

Lol. They did underperform in their losses. Not all losses are created equally. They were expected to provide more of a game against New Zealand and France. Some were even saying Italy could provide a shock! I was not one of those people btw. I expected New Zealand to win comfortably. But even I wasn't expecting them to lose in the manner they did. I don't think anyone was. Not even the most optimistic New Zealand fans. So yes, they were a disappointment because the games they played in were supposed to closer than the score lines that actually happened. A lot of Italy players underperformed and they were a disappointment.

Did you think New Zealand would put almost 100 points on Italy this World Cup?
Ok ok we could bang on about this for hours, but ultimately it boils down to me viewing table position, auto qualification and stats as my metric, and you prioritising performance against teams predicted to beat you as your metric.

I'm not going to agree that Italy, as a consistently 3rd place team, finishing 3rd as a disappointing tournament. And your not going to agree that Italy underperforming in their predicted losses as performing adequately.

So let's drop this and say I'm right? Cheers hahahaha

That is the ultimate lol given that Scotland have owned Australia, Fiji and Georgia for years. Lay off the whisky pal.
Help me out. My memory is clearly not as good as yours. How did it go the last time Scotland faced Australia?

Yeah this is my issue… and I probably missed the opportunity to congratulate Ireland on a consummately professional run out… I was just so frikkin psyched for this match that the way it went down made me an angry drunk 🤬
What else is new

Help me out. My memory is clearly not as good as yours. How did it go the last time Scotland faced Australia?

My timescale was 'years' not the last game. Three wins out of four in the last six years. That's reasonably convincing IMO.

Latest posts