• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 Bronze Final] Argentina vs England (27/10/2023)

Maybe we're also in for a Tuilagi retirement announcement too?

33 in May and a fading force at this level which both he and Borthwick will know. Been playing international rugby for a long time now and all those injuries have taken their toll.

May partly depend on SB's longer term plans for the 12 shirt. Also whether he sees Lawrence as a straight replacement for Marchant at 13.

Borthwick will go a long go a long way if he can find a proper midfield combo, some depth at hooker, some props who can scrummage. Not a lot to do then.....

No. Although if you really mean will we be a better team with a different 9, then quite possibly - game plan dependent.

His time has been and gone and today we congratulate him on his longevity, fitness and commitment. He often hasn't delivered what we've wanted, but coaches must have been happy enough - maybe he wasn't happy about what he was being instructed to deliver, who knows? I thought we should have moved on some time ago - and have been vocal in my criticism - but the coaches didn't. Fine personal achievements which should be acknowledged and when the time comes I'll say the same about Farrell.

He always had a huge tick in the credit column for me for his withdrawal from the Lions tour to support his brother and wider family.

Players of his longevity always have critics at the time. Everyone loves Jason Leonard now but for years he was criticised for not doing enough in the loose with calls for him to be dropped in favour of Rowntree or another flavour of the month more mobile option.

Quite an odd selection. Steward in the wing is silly considering how slow and non agile he is, smith at FB again isn't something I really wanted and then the decent FB of the group is on the wing.

Also not sure our back row offers enough carrying threat, it's all too 'Eddie' for my liking. Just hope we actually attack at some point. Starting to dread the thought of 4 more years of SB.

So confirmed retirement so far is May, Lawes and Youngs...

I will be shouting with everything in me for Argentina to win.

Seems it will be wet conditions. I would be tempted to not watch this except England have two playmakers in the backs, so we might get some running rugby from both sides despite the weather.

England 18 - 13 Argentina

Latest posts