• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC: Tonga - Canada (14-09-2011, 17:00)

Well here it is. Canada's lineup for France. Unchanged from the team that beat Tonga. KC must be reading this thread and saw my wisdom going for it against France :)

1. Hubert Buydens (Saskatoon, SK, Prairie Wolf Pack/CRC, Saskatoon Wild Oats, Walter Murray/University of Saskatchewan)
2. Pat Riordan (captain) (Surrey, BC, BC Bears/CRC, Burnaby Lake, Tamanawis Secondary/University of Victoria)
3. Jason Marshall (North Vancouver, BC, BC Bears/CRC, Capilano, Carson Graham Secondary/Simon Fraser University)
4. Jebb Sinclair (Fredericton, NB, London Irish/PRO, Fredericton Loyalists, Fredericton High School)
5. Jamie Cudmore (Squamish, BC, ASM Clermont Auvergne/PRO, Howe Sound Secondary)
6. Adam Kleeberger (White Rock, BC, BC Bears/CRC, University of Victoria Vikes, Semiahmoo Secondary School/University of Victoria)
7. Chauncey O'Toole (Belleisle, NB, Ospreys/PRO, Belleisle Rovers, Belleisle Regional High School)
8. Aaron Carpenter (Brantford, ON, Plymouth Albion/PRO, Brantford Harlequins, Brantford Collegiate Institute/McMaster University)
9. Ed Fairhurst (Vancouver, BC, UBC Old Boys Ravens, St. Michael's University School/University of Victoria)
10. Ander Monro (vice captain) (Victoria, BC, Ontario Blues/CRC, Castaway Wanderers, Glenalmond College/Edinburgh University)
11. Phil Mackenzie (Oakville, ON, Esher/PRO, Oakville Crusaders, Appleby College/University of Victoria)
12. Ryan Smith (Calgary, AB, Prairie Wolf Pack/CRC, Calgary Irish, Mayfield Secondary/University of Guelph)
13. DTH van der Merwe (Victoria, BC, Glasgow Warriors/PRO, James Bay, Dr. Martin LeBoldus)
14. Ciaran Hearn (Conception Bay South, NL, The Rock/CRC, Baymen RFC, Holy Spirit High School)
15. James Pritchard (Parkes, Australia, Bedford Blues/PRO, Randwick, Red Bend Catholic College)

Reserves
16. Ryan Hamilton (West Vancouver, BC, BC Bears/CRC, Capilano, Rockridge Secondary/University of Victoria)
17. Scott Franklin (Regina, SK, Prairie Wolf Pack/CRC, Castaway Wanderers, Athol Murray College of Notre Dame/Camosun College)
18. Tyler Hotson (Vancouver, BC, Plymouth/PRO, UBC Old Boys Ravens, St. George's School/University of British Columbia)
19. Nanyak Dala (Saskatoon, SK, Prairie Wolf Pack/CRC, Castaway Wanderers, Glenwood High School/University of Saskatchewan)
20. Sean White (Victoria, BC, BC Bears/CRC, James Bay, Oak Bay High School)
21. Nathan Hirayama (Richmond, BC, BC Bears/CRC, University of Victoria Vikes, Hugh McRoberts Secondary/University of Victoria)
22. Conor Trainor (Vancouver, BC, BC Bears/CRC, UBC Old Boys, St. George's School/University of Western Ontario)

I would expect him to be qucker with the substitutions this game. I expect to see Dala, Hotson, Trainor and Franklin between the 50 to 60 minute mark. If the score starts getting away from us watch him empty the bench and give Hirayama a good long run

Hell Ya.
I love crowley for this. He really has an understanding on how to motivate this team. I think he will be very timely with the subs. France always save their best for the last 15 minutes. I think Smith will be the first sub, on replay you could see missed about 6 of our 13 missed tackles.

Now I just gotta get work off here in Scotland.

Last edited:
http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Quick+turnaround+Canada+after+over+Tonga/5398328/story.html

Tonga's coach doesn't really rate Canada... funny seeing as how we have beaten them at every world cup. Maybe we don't really rate Tonga ;)

Also good on Crowley for putting out the strongest team. I believe at the world cup we have waited 4 years for this moment and teams should be going out every game with the intent to win.

Yes, I mentioned the same thing on my blog on the Canada V France match

http://www.therugbyforum.com/northern-hemisphere-rugby-union/381-rwc-the-a-games-with-shaggy-france-vs-canada?time=1316191767

P
erhaps we could discuss that game on there, seen as how we don't have a thread for that match yet, and i'd welcome any comments/discussion/feedback

Tonga would have won in my opinion if they didn't have so much turmoil behind the scenes and played their strongest side

Tonga would have won in my opinion if they didn't have so much turmoil behind the scenes and played their strongest side

... I guess we'll never know ... a tactical blunder on the part of the Tongan management to play their first stringers against the ABs, and their second stringers against Canada, given the lack of time between the two matches ... but I guess that's easy for me to say after both games have been played

I don't think that is a fair assessment. Earlier in this same thread, we had numerous Tongan supporters saying that Tonga was dressing a more attacking backline and dressing bigger forwards to outmuscle Canada. I don't feel that because Tongan made tactical errors that Canada should have their victory cheapened. Tonga still dressed a fully professional side.
It's not a valid argument because I can come back and say Canada would beat the All Blacks if we dressed Sidney Crosby and Steve Nash. No way to prove I'm right or wrong, and coming up with excuses doesn't really serve any purpose. Should've, would've, could've but didn.t

Rugby Canada is planning on hosting three tests in Canada next year!!!! Italy has been confirmed as one opponent, which I believe is intended to be at BMO field. As well the United States is another confirmed opponent and another Tier two country which has yet to be determined.

Rugby Canada is planning on hosting three tests in Canada next year!!!! Italy has been confirmed as one opponent, which I believe is intended to be at BMO field. As well the United States is another confirmed opponent and another Tier two country which has yet to be determined.

That's great news ... maybe Keiran Crowley should be talking to his old NZRU buddies while he's over in NZ, it would be great if the ABs or the Wallabies could play Canada or the US on their way to, or on the way back from their UK & Ireland tours, in a one of test

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Quick+turnaround+Canada+after+over+Tonga/5398328/story.html

Tonga's coach doesn't really rate Canada... funny seeing as how we have beaten them at every world cup. Maybe we don't really rate Tonga ;)

Also good on Crowley for putting out the strongest team. I believe at the world cup we have waited 4 years for this moment and teams should be going out every game with the intent to win.

pffft who cares what this fella has to say....his side could be going him 0-4......

Latest posts