• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

Well assuming they are sharing the workload and worker B isn't just digging half a hole while worker A digs a whole hole, I would say 3/4 of a day assuming they work at an equal intensity. However, many variables should be taken into account: Type of spade used, weather condition, hardness of the ground, effectiveness of the workers as well as whether they had their Weetabix that morning.

Of course this is not a mathematical problem though - it is impossible to dig half a hole, unless there is a fixed dimension of the hole. Anyone who has seen the film 'Holes' will know that their holes had to be a spade deep and a spade in diameter. Assuming this is what the Cymro implied then the answer would indeed be 3/4 as we have a fixed volume. Although as this is not stated in the question I would have to conclude that it is impossible to ascertain an answer.

Essentially, if we take this problem and relate it to the parallel of what Cymro is attempting to draw, he believes that more information will be released on 16/4/11 at 14:32.

Perhaps it would be best to look at the idea of half a hole in the same way we look at imaginary numbers, simply make them a 90 degree rotation about the number line, in essance turning counting into a two dimensional process. Then it's a fairly simple algebraic calculation.

Perhaps it would be best to look at the idea of half a hole in the same way we look at imaginary numbers, simply make them a 90 degree rotation about the number line, in essance turning counting into a two dimensional process. Then it's a fairly simple algebraic calculation.

Indeed. It may be possible by forming such an equation to accurately predict the release date of the game as well as the release date of all sequels in the series.

no_country_for_old_men_tommy_lee_jones.jpg

Guys just clearing up something. Since there are two rugby games coming out this year a lot of you are freaking out about licenses. By the looks of things this game is only gonna have the 20 teams of the world cup whereas rugby challenge (the other game) will have a lot more tournaments like super rugby, tri nations etc.... Both games have genuine player names and attributes though. For example tournament licensing falls into a different category than standard team by team licensing like Ricky Ponting International Cricket 07. No teams had right names and only looked roughly like their real selves but it had the icc cup license so when you played that mode all teams involved had correct names, kit and looks. Hope that helps. Sorry if it doesnt make as much sense as it should im typing this from my phone.

Yes, many of us have seen those kind of circumstances before. In this case however, we have the head of the development of Rugby Challenge telling us that he has complete certainty that the players from both New Zealand and Australia will not be in Rugby World Cup 2011. That is why some of us are unsure.

I guess you might be a little late to the party and have heard half the story. We're awaiting confirmation from the HB side of things. :)

Therefore the next news release will be 3/4(Diameter of hole x Height of hole). Taking into account in the run up to release there will probably be 7 more significant press releases, we can therefore take the equation:

7(3/4(Diameter x Height)) and if we plug in the values of 4 feet for height and diameter we get an overall value of 84 days. The official release date therefore be will be June 29th 2011!

we have the head of the development of Rugby Challenge telling us that he has complete certainty that the players from both New Zealand and Australia will not be in Rugby World Cup 2011. That is why some of us are unsure.

Marios words for those interested 'They won't be able to use official New Zealand or Australian squads, logos, or uniforms in any context. Again, Rugby Challenge has the exclusive license for those teams as well as other exclusive licenses.'

What ends up being truth we don't know. Maybe Mario has missed a loop hole of the WC, or maybe he has all bases covered. At this moment in time they are the only licences they have confirmed, HB may have all the other 18

Yes, many of us have seen those kind of circumstances before. In this case however, we have the head of the development of Rugby Challenge telling us that he has complete certainty that the players from both New Zealand and Australia will not be in Rugby World Cup 2011. That is why some of us are unsure.

I guess you might be a little late to the party and have heard half the story. We're awaiting confirmation from the HB side of things. :)

yeah i heard that too but i bet you the guys making rugby challenge just assumed that snapping up a Aus. and NZ. licenses would be enough and since HB were a bit late to the party in the way of publisher to snap up teams for their game I reckon they have found the world cup loop hole as their savior. It can't be an official RWC game without official teams in it. The announcement HB has made claim it to be the "official" game of the rugby world cup with the logo and all... Its like when the teams play in the world cup they aren't allowed to have Qantas, Vodafone and other crap on their jerseys because same deal as here. Completely different license, that's how the IRB makes money... World Cup Years.

yeah i heard that too but i bet you the guys making rugby challenge just assumed that snapping up a Aus. and NZ. licenses would be enough and since HB were a bit late to the party in the way of publisher to snap up teams for their game I reckon they have found the world cup loop hole as their savior. It can't be an official RWC game without official teams in it. The announcement HB has made claim it to be the "official" game of the rugby world cup with the logo and all... Its like when the teams play in the world cup they aren't allowed to have Qantas, Vodafone and other crap on their jerseys because same deal as here. Completely different license, that's how the IRB makes money... World Cup Years.

Anyways two rugby games in one year is better than none at all especially for this gen of consoles. Just have to wait and see :)

Ricky Ponting International Cricket 07. No teams had right names and only looked roughly like their real selves but it had the icc cup license so when you played that mode all teams involved had correct names, kit and looks. .

It was brian lara over in the UK but yer i found that extremely weird to be honest. In exhibition matches they looked similar but not quite right to their real-life counterparts. But when you entered the competition, everything was almost spitting image.

The Ricky Ponting version however had an additional "***** like a little schoolgirl to the press" feature, which was a licensing exclusive...

Yeah it really does stand to reason, but I'm basically now just going to no assume anything either way and just wait and see. I'm hoping it's good news for all though. :)

I have a feeling that neither game will be properly judged on what it offers due to this licensing issue. Makes me wonder why developers bother spending all the time getting the gameplay tweaked somewhat.

Will it just be the 20 teams competing in the world cup on the game? Or will there be teams that took part in qualification as well?

Personally, I hope we see something like they did with 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa/ FIFA 10, better still, DLC.

However, if they make games like they run their human resources I wouldn't hope for much. Make me buy your crappy games before I get an interview. Nice way to boost sales BOOOOOOO!!!

I'm not sure what others are thinking, but given the track record of HB Studios I already have plenty of faith in a top quality game with plenty of replay value. As I'm so happily confident about that and the inevitable top drawer presentation, it seemed natural I turn to worrying about what other factors may detract from the experience and enquire about them, whilst hoping that they don't come to be.

It's really a silly way to think I know. In a logical world everyone would just forget about these things and stick to posting well-wishing messages only. If only there was a way to make everyone think and say what we want them to.

Personally, I hope we see something like they did with 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa/ FIFA 10, better still, DLC.

However, if they make games like they run their human resources I wouldn't hope for much. Make me buy your crappy games before I get an interview. Nice way to boost sales BOOOOOOO!!!

Ay? I don't understand the last part...

Hope we are able to select our own World Cup squad...like 08'. Would hate to have a world cup squad with the Boks when i am forced to have players like Wynand Olivier, Pierre Spies and Januarie in my squad...the List goes on. That is my only real concern at the moment. Hope we could have Currie Cup or Superugby in the game too; but not sure that we will get that. Not a bad thing at all though...that means graphics, gameplay and realism will be super awesome, which will be the way to go since they are moving to 360 and Ps3...it has to look great and be a true/realistic display of rugby. I love a good looking game...i have tried to play o8' on ps2 a few weeks back...was a very poor experience after playing games like Fight Night, Fifa and Call of Duty on Xbox 360...those games look awesome and r super realistic and that is what these generation of consoles is all about...Realism!!

Last edited:

Latest posts