• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby challenge 2: The lions tour edition announced

I think the difference is in acceleration not the speed. Big guys take longer to accelerate than wingers. Guys like the Beast has a decent acceleration too and will be an exception to the average speed of props
This. At the very least. Most forwards do not have anywhere near the acceleration point and "stop/start" speed that most backs do. I'm sure guys like Spies Burden, Vito, Thomson, etc are pretty close to some backs in terms of top end speed. But probably don't have the quick gears over short spaces.

I dunno I've always felt acceleration is better for the bigger guys as they're often more powerful. Most of the more mobile frontrowers are going to be relatively much better over 10-30m than 100m.

I dunno I've always felt acceleration is better for the bigger guys as they're often more powerful. Most of the more mobile frontrowers are going to be relatively much better over 10-30m than 100m.
They're more powerful because they're bigger and often run with a lower centre of gravity.

At some point, probably, but I can't speak any more on licenses and the nature of them at this stage.

Gonna throw it out there and say its gonna be like RC1 for Licenses, I just have a feeling based on the initial release infomation with wording such as "Super 15 teams". However I also wish I'm wrong and Sidhe / HES have all the licences for the big international teams this time round and the SA S15 teams.

Gonna throw it out there and say its gonna be like RC1 for Licenses, I just have a feeling based on the initial release infomation with wording such as "Super 15 teams". However I also wish I'm wrong and Sidhe / HES have all the licences for the big international teams this time round and the SA S15 teams.
Well I suppose this time they won't be competing with another game for licenses, like last time, but I'm guessing they haven't finalised anything yet. I hope they secure a few more. Looks like I will be able to play with Narbonne this time around though ;)

If they are the same licsences i hope they have more kits to customise and i hope they sort out the issue withn not being able to sort through commentry names and having them dissapear when you edit a player!

How will the Lions tour work? A bit like the EA one (06?) where you choose a squad of 30 and then play the provincial teams?

I'm new to rugby and new to the forum here. Can someone please tell me please, what game should I have for my collection? I found rugby 2006 in a shop in the town but that will be old and lots of rubbish old players?

I'm just so confused right now :( I know I am going to be playing a game of rugby on my playstation, but which one can it be? What to do if I cant play it very well? Thank you for helping me everyone.

I'm new to rugby and new to the forum here. Can someone please tell me please, what game should I have for my collection? I found rugby 2006 in a shop in the town but that will be old and lots of rubbish old players?

I'm just so confused right now :( I know I am going to be playing a game of rugby on my playstation, but which one can it be? What to do if I cant play it very well? Thank you for helping me everyone.
Depends what system(s) you have If you have a PC that's capable of running it (any PC these days can) then Rugby 08 seems still to be the most popular option due to the modding attention it's received. Also you can play this on a PS2 (or a PS3 with backwards compatibility).

But in that case, I'd be tempted to just recommend AB Rugby Challenge. Better system and overall mechanics imo than RWC 2011.

all im hoping for in this new rc2 is a carreer mode more like world legue on rugby 08 where you actually have to make money to buy players, forwards stick to the rucks and stay out of the backline(exceptions can be made for backrowers slotting in between flyhalves and ceters), flyhalves should be in his position not on the wing or at 2nd receiver. There should be an option for forwards standing of the rucks for a short pass. And a quick steel option when your team gets to the ball first. And maybe even some set plays... The set plays used in rugby 04 for the lineouts and the scrums would be great then the set plays from rugby 08 for the normal gameplay will be nice aswell... And i really hope sidhe can get all the licenses for the all the SA super rugby teams this time round. i dont really play with the international teams so not very phased bout thm,em lol... this is just my opinion...

I spent a lot of time editing stats (mainly of the forwards) but i have a question for us all.

In the game the forwards (props) are usually half the speed of a winger and accelerated half as fast. So a prop would be
Prop
Speed - 45
Acceleration - 42

Wing
Speed - 79
Acceleration -81

Is that a fair assesment of rreal life? Are props half the speed of wingers?

I just founf in the game that the locks were all too slow as in reality they are often as fast as the backrow who should be similar speed to the centres???

Just food for thought when they do the stats

not really look at the speed of cian healy

all im hoping for in this new rc2 is a carreer mode more like world legue on rugby 08 where you actually have to make money to buy players, forwards stick to the rucks and stay out of the backline(exceptions can be made for backrowers slotting in between flyhalves and ceters), flyhalves should be in his position not on the wing or at 2nd receiver. There should be an option for forwards standing of the rucks for a short pass. And a quick steel option when your team gets to the ball first. And maybe even some set plays... The set plays used in rugby 04 for the lineouts and the scrums would be great then the set plays from rugby 08 for the normal gameplay will be nice aswell... And i really hope sidhe can get all the licenses for the all the SA super rugby teams this time round. i dont really play with the international teams so not very phased bout thm,em lol... this is just my opinion...

World League was a stupid mode. You play in a fictional competition with teams from all over the world. Ridiculous. If they want to implement a career mode, it has be more genuine. Just have the competitions run next to each other and give the user the option to work his way up as a coach. Start with Boland (South Africa), Otago (New Zealand) or London Scottish (England) for instance. That would be amazing! Not some lame made-up competition where they throw in all teams.

World League was a stupid mode. You play in a fictional competition with teams from all over the world. Ridiculous. If they want to implement a career mode, it has be more genuine. Just have the competitions run next to each other and give the user the option to work his way up as a coach. Start with Boland (South Africa), Otago (New Zealand) or London Scottish (England) for instance. That would be amazing! Not some lame made-up competition where they throw in all teams.

manager mode would defo be good. ultimate team for rugby however bloody brilliant.