• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2012 - Classic Match Suggestions

on another note i cant believe that someone in their right mind is arguing against that fact that Jonah Lomu is a freak! either you never watched the man play rugby or you are Mike Catts son and you are dirty that he made your old man look like a schoolboy (in aust in one of the papers it was funny to read that when mike catt retired the headline was "Jonah Lomu's speed hump retires").
anywho Jonah lomu at his peak (95-99 WCs) would still be a humongous force today. he would have torn shreds through the likes of Wendell Sailor and lote tuqiri. As Ranger said to be 120kegs and run a 10.8 is unnatural. the man defied physics.

Perhaps Trophies/Achievments could be awarded for completing challenges. E.g "As Australia, beat england in the 2003 World Cup Final on a certain level of difficulty" Boom silver trophy. Bronze trophy for playing as England.

Scotland v Wales 2010 6 Nations - Platinum Trophy for not throwing the ******* game out the window

Perhaps Trophies/Achievments could be awarded for completing challenges. E.g "As Australia, beat england in the 2003 World Cup Final on a certain level of difficulty" Boom silver trophy. Bronze trophy for playing as England.

Scotland v Wales 2010 6 Nations - Platinum Trophy for not throwing the ******* game out the window

Haha, I like the 6 nations one

To close the note on how monstrous 126kg and 10.8 seconds is, Nonu is 105kg and runs in about 12.5 and look how destructive he is.

Its scary to imagine how good Lomu could have been, if he didn't get ill. I heard he still plays in the second or third division in France? I wanna say Marseille...?

I always thought that Lesley Vainikolo would be the next Jonah, but that didn't really happen

Its scary to imagine how good Lomu could have been, if he didn't get ill. I heard he still plays in the second or third division in France? I wanna say Marseille...?
Marseille Vitrolles is the team he plays for in the French Third Division, they are currently trying to get promotion into the Second Division.

I'm not such a big fan of classic matches, especially as you do games from 1995 with current day players. Also, another thing I didn't underastand is some of the games seemed pointless, in 08 there is a match which starts at the normal kick off between Aus and SA. This is the same as if you played it in a friendly.

I wouldn't mind seeing this side of the game dramitacally reduced. Some things to consider if it were to stay in the game;

*Quality not quantity - Playing as Japan against New Zeland when your 50 points down is a challenge and belongs in the game. Whereas starting from normal kick off time and using Ireland to beat Wales seems pointless to me.
Also,there doesn't need to be so many classic matches just good ones.

* Step outside the world cup? Hensons kick against England in 2005, Wasps in the heinieken Cup Final a few years back?

def good ideas, hb studios if youre listening we're on our knees:).

maybe an alternative to this would be for hb studios to create an in game customiser. let me elaborate, bascially it would be like the player being able to create/customise/modify kits, players, teams all on their own from their on console/pc. this would be similar to guitar hero where they allow you to create your own song using the instruments, anyone here see the parallels?:)

How about 1995 World Cup Final - SA v.s NZ , you could have the All Blacks spewing up on the sidelines and a dodgy looking waitress somewhere in the crowd for added realism. Still bitter, yes.

This years' Wales V Scotland -But you can only play the last 10 minutes- has to be a challenge. 3 tries and a penalty in 4 in-game minutes!

Wow, everyone wants classic games where NZ gets beaten. NZ'ers haven't requested many/any that have NZ beating other sides. We've just had people requesting our classic squads. I guess that says something about either these people admire/fear NZ or it's just insecurity. Win win for NZ I suppose.

Yeah its a big deal when NZ lose cause were the best,If South africa or Aust lose who cares hehe.Every1 wants to be like the All Blacks

I think many kiwis would quite like a whole RWC 2007 do-over. Does that qualify as a Classic Match? (Actually, I think the large number of matches lost by NZ that have been suggested are quite telling: isn't the most satisfying thing here to re-write, rather than simply re-live, history?)

Seriously, though: I think one key thing for HB to look at is whether the licensing is possible. If not, is anyone particularly interested in playing through so-called classics using current squads? Better, in my opinion, to either use recent games that pose a particular challenge (e.g. Scotland-Wales three tries in the dying minutes), or to concentrate resources on other parts of the game.

I'm Welsh but 3 tries in the dying minutes? 2 tries, 3 tries would have been ridiculous. We only scored 3 in the whole game!

How about NZ Maori Vs England, Ireland and the barbarians? Being their Centenary and all...

Latest posts