• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

I'm not taking any reviews for serious until I get my hands on the game. It is a risk doing that but already there are some conflicting reviews and I think the gamble is worth it. However I do wish HB would sort out it's media / PR people.

Interesting to read, offers some good insight.
Still think I'll give this game a miss, and wait for a sequel or two to iron the bugs out.

One thing that has always annoyed me with mini-game type rucks is you can't get quick ball - rugby challenge suffered from this for me.

All I care about is a career mode. Be very disappointing if there is not one. Probably could do a year without one but not the next year.

For a game being published by a company called 'Big Ben' they are sure trying their hardest to avoid this game getting any coverage in f##king English.

For a game being published by a company called 'Big Ben' they are sure trying their hardest to avoid this game getting any coverage in f##king English.

I just wonder of they are waiting to secure the 6 nations international licences before annoying anything in England.

And no word on the career mode really worries me!

Do the developers even have a PR department do we think? The game can only be a few months from release (if it is indeed released on time) and the lack of press is astounding. The fact they haven't even confirmed the main components of the game or even given us a clear picture of which teams will be lisenced makes me worry that they don't know themselves yet.

Anyway, all this talk of a new game encouraged me to go back and play RC1 last night. For its many faults there are a few very simple additions that could have made much more immersive and playable. More realistic injuries, better wide camera angles/options for different camera angles, a proper transfer system in career mode, save slots for more than one career and an indication of when a penalty is within the range of your kicker (or is that just a peculiar pet hate of mine?). These aren't revolutionary and I know some of them have been mentioned before but my point is that none of these changes would be very difficult, certainly no where near as hard as the task of making the game mechanics themselves more realistic, and would have helped to counterbalance RC1's flaws. I'm not certain if RC2 ironed out any of these issues but if I'm to be satisfied with Rugby 15 I'd like a few of the above changes.

Of course as we don't know if there even is a career mode...

Well, all I can say is that I'm not believing anything that has been posted in this thread until it's from a reliable source.

South Africa's game retailer only yesterday put the game up available for pre-order and it says **Expected end of November**. it also doesn't have any of the album cover on yet as they haven't recieved the cover photo yet from the publisher.

if I were to take an educated guess, it would suggest that what has been already posted on here isn't the whole truth, with a lot of guessing and half-truths...

So, I'm going to do the same as cymro, and wait for the game, and make a decision myself.

Someone mentioned 'Graphics don't matter, its about the gameplay'. This is true in many cases. And if they changed it to lil squares, L and T shaped shaped blocks running/sliding up the pitch to fit neatly into other blocks then the gameplay would be spot on. It would obviously wreck the rugby mechanics but at least they'd be conforming to the gameplay is more important than graphics.

Sadly this is Rugby and we all know what we want, which ain't gonna drastically change the gameplay of say 08 or RWC2011 and they nearly don't need to. FIFA ain't changed much over the last few years. It's evolved for the better, tweaked. And that's all RWC needs but now, seen as HB know they are stepping up to nextgen, MUCH better 2014y graphics, not high-end PS2 visuals. I'm not being harsh saying PS2 either cos take games like Ass Creed 4 and Last of Us Remastered - they are converts sure but PS3 are pretty close to the bigboy PS4/Xone graphic comparison.

I'll be waiting on reviews from you guys, won't even be a Week1 buy for me. Hurry up and come out and hurry up and review it TRF...

Fifa is pretty much perfect because there's not a lot more to put in a football game tbh, especially when you've just got a controller to move your player atm.

I think that rugby games need a revolution in a lot of the mechanics.

Rucks
Scrums
Support play
Passing
Realistic consideration of fatigue
Tactical play/strategy:
~ there is much more to pro rugby than just trying to run, break tackles, make tackles and score tries. You have to break down your opposition.
Movement of players:
~ hb studios they all follow the play like robots
~ sidhe they're all over the place with no organisation to speak of
~ forwards should be ready to carry the ball and hit rucks for the most part on attack
~ backs should be running different lines depending on their stats, team strategy/plays, etc... on attack

Of course things like contact/physics, running animations, general ai will improve over time naturally (not that they've seemed to far since 2006...).

Last edited:
Fifa is pretty much perfect because there's not a lot more to put in a football game tbh, especially when you've just got a controller to move your player atm.

I think that rugby games need a revolution in a lot of the mechanics.

Rucks
Scrums
Support play
Passing
Realistic consideration of fatigue
Tactical play/strategy:
~ there is much more to pro rugby than just trying to run, break tackles, make tackles and score tries. You have to break down your opposition.
Movement of players:
~ hb studios they all follow the play like robots
~ sidhe they're all over the place with no organisation to speak of
~ forwards should be ready to carry the ball and hit rucks for the most part on attack
~ backs should be running different lines depending on their stats, team strategy/plays, etc... on attack

Of course things like contact/physics, running animations, general ai will improve over time naturally (not that they've seemed to far since 2006...).

You missed one thing my good man rugby ultimate team.

Do the developers even have a PR department do we think? The game can only be a few months from release (if it is indeed released on time) and the lack of press is astounding. The fact they haven't even confirmed the main components of the game or even given us a clear picture of which teams will be lisenced makes me worry that they don't know themselves yet.

Publisher's responsibility, not developer's.

Last edited:
You missed one thing my good man rugby ultimate team.

Ultimate team will only be a feature if a big developer or publisher take it

I, for one hope an ultimate team clone never comes into a rugby game, I don't see the point in it apart from it being a cash cow for fifa

Perhaps but clones have appeared such as Master League online and My team from Konami and 2k

My original point still stands though

Ultimate team will only be a feature if a big developer or publisher take it

I, for one hope an ultimate team clone never comes into a rugby game, I don't see the point in it apart from it being a cash cow for fifa

This. Its just a massive cash grab of micro transactions. I get the appeal of UT, but I really hope it doesn't get put in to a rugby game...

This. Its just a massive cash grab of micro transactions. I get the appeal of UT, but I really hope it doesn't get put in to a rugby game...

Ultimate team would be great if there were no micro transactions, I feel that games should be about skill and not about getting an advantage through using money

You don't HAVE to purchase stuff though.... you can grind if you want.

You don't HAVE to purchase stuff though.... you can grind if you want.

I know I don't, the fact is that I don't feel like that should be a deciding factor though, I could be the best player on head to head but I would be awful on UT because I didn't spend money

Latest posts