• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro Rugby Manager 15

Josh1

The Sidekick
Country Flag
UK
The guys from Cyanide Studios have been in touch regarding their new game - Pro Rugby Manager 15. They included a bunch of info and screenshots for you guys, and we've now opened this subforum for discussion of the upcoming game.

505 GAMES ANNOUNCES PRO RUGBY MANAGER 2015 RELEASE DATE

505 Games, a global publisher of video games, today announced the release date for Pro Rugby Manager 2015, coming to PC and iOS tablet devices, the first game in 10 years to cater for rugby fans who want to experience what it's like to manage their own rugby union side.

Pro Rugby Manager 2015 will be available September 19th 2014, both in retail stores and via digital download.

Developed under license from the biggest rugby union leagues in the world - Aviva Premiership Rugby (England), PRO12 (Wales, Scotland, Ireland and Italy) and TOP14 / PRO D2 (France), Pro Rugby Manager 2015 will give players the opportunity to manage any of the 54 official teams from these leagues.

Pro Rugby Manager 2015 is being developed by Cyanide Studio, who count among their credits the last rugby management games to be released, Pro Rugby Manager (2004) and Pro Rugby Manager 2005, as well as various other sports management ***les including the hugely successful Pro Cycling Manager series.

This is pretty huge for rugby gamers - we haven't seen a Pro Rugby Manager in a decade! Who'll be buying it? What features are you excited for?

Attachments

• 2014-09-03_00043.jpg
    2014-09-03_00043.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 102
  • 2014-09-03_00060.jpg
    2014-09-03_00060.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 114
  • 2014-09-03_00061.jpg
    2014-09-03_00061.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 106
  • 2014-09-03_00062.jpg
    2014-09-03_00062.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 115
  • PRM 2015 menu.jpg
    PRM 2015 menu.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 116
  • Team choice Glasgow.jpg
    Team choice Glasgow.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 100
  • Team choice Northampton.jpg
    Team choice Northampton.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 106
Oh that looks sexy, particularly the formation screen (although Collie O'Shea at 13 is kek.) The key to making a management game look good is pure simplicity in terms of aesthetics, footy manager has thought us that if nothing else.

In any case, I'm much more likely to buy this than Rugby 15. Looks good boys.

Looks brilliant, I am a massive Football Manager fan so I will be all over this.

This Looks super cool - I'll try and ignore the fact that Duncan Weir was allocated a 5 star player rating :D

Personally I'm looking forward to options to develop an academy squad and bring players through to pro contracts - if that exists!

The fourth screenshot seems to show an unlicensed second tier for England. Looks promising, hopefully the teams will be pretty close to what they are called, e.g just Plymouth, Rotherham, Yorkshire etc.

I mean you can't license place names can you???

Good to see the franchise back! Cannot wait to get my hands on it.

Tried to play Football Manager a few times but never managed to get into it, probably because I'm not into/don't know anything about football.

Will definitely pick this up/give it a go, though - certainly looks the business.

cant wait! so I take it no licences for New Zealand teams etc

I've never managed to get the hang of any manager game, but very tempted to get this. I'm a sucker for new rugby games in general :p

Can't wait for this one. It's been a long wait since the last one, here's hoping this is the start of something special.

Deciding whether to pre order and save 10 bucks or whether to wait and hear from everyone how the game is and than either buy it for full price or wait for the natural price lowering.

Tried to play Football Manager a few times but never managed to get into it, probably because I'm not into/don't know anything about football.
Will definitely pick this up/give it a go, though - certainly looks the business.

Haha you know what dude, I think that could be the reason! :p

To be fair also when you crack open a management / simulation game which is so complex, it can have the opposite effect and actually make you turn off to it.
The first time I played Crusader Kings II (Great game) I was just like 'U wot m8' - I was completely lost. And some managers like the more recent football managers have been like that.

Good to see this game up on steam though - you know its for real when Steam have it.

Has the game been reviewed by anyone yet? Surely it should have been or has it just flown under the radar?

Just received this....

Last edited by a moderator:
I just pre ordered the game on steam. kinda regretting it now that there is no sign of international teams or southern hemisphere teams. oh well cant be as bad as time I spent 100 dollars on RWC2011

Pre-ordered today so can't wait for tomorrow. Gonna make Connacht world beaters :D:D

Latest posts