• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

People who played the game, a few journalists at that press conference played and tweeted about it, one guy said that 08 was better. Seriously, are you guys afraid of social media or what?

Orrrr ... the logical and simple answer might be, have we seen these? No. Post them up then.

I never said loads of people, that's a poor effort on you trying to be a smart ass. If you want to find more, search, I don't keep a log on every tweet I saw.

People who played the game, a few journalists at that press conference played and tweeted about it, one guy said that 08 was better. Seriously, are you guys afraid of social media or what?

https://twitter.com/twibaut/status/499561557412831232
https://twitter.com/twibaut/status/499085534950854656
Just go through that guys timeline you'll see him answering in english and french, and never saying something nice about the game.

Oh I'm sorry I didn't see the one random French bloke tweeting about it, mostly in a language I do not speak :rolleyes:

I never said loads of people, that's a poor effort on you trying to be a smart ass. If you want to find more, search, I don't keep a log on every tweet I saw.

Case ... look at the post above to clarify my point. Job done. My job is to be a smart ass.

Someone will have to take the plunge and buy it on behalf of the rest of the forum

What's the hands on sound like? Anyone got an English translation? What's the go with all the media on this game being exclusively French?

Here's the translation from google translate:

Announced for more than two months, Rugby 15 has yet shown very discreet. We therefore sought to learn during this gamescom and were even able to lay our hands on. Here's what we learned.

Already in licensing, as we already know, we will find the Top 14 and Pro D2, but also the Pro12 and unofficial versions (with names of players and teams so slightly modified) of the Super 15 with Heineken Cup, the Six Nations and the 4 Nations. Negotiations are still in court for additional licenses, especially in national teams.

Before starting a game, we were treated to a ride in the menus which enabled us to discover the different modes of play. It will be possible to play any league mentioned above, but also to compete in local multi until 4 More importantly, we can create our own from scratch championship. Any item can thus be set: the competing teams, the length of the regular season, the fact that there are no playoffs or even define if the matches are not directly or disposal. When we know that this is one of the main features of such an ambitious NBA 2k15, we say that find that in 15 Rugby game is a very good thing.

Place the match now. We begin by defining the weather, which should be paramount. Obviously, the effect of the wind is not very difficult to understand, but also promises a dynamic deformation of the ground when it rains and players who get dirty quickly. Unfortunately we were unable to really test this feature since the demo that we got included only in dry weather.

Arriving at stake, we discover that the reviews are performed by the team of Canal + (logically Eric Bayle and Thomas Lombard) and 2 cameras are available. The first is a traditional television camera and the second is behind the team that has the ball. In 2 cases, we notice that the graphics in this version PS4 are clearly not exceptional. The modeling of the players and stadiums poor, the textures have a generation behind, and animations are yet very rigid.

As for the game, it was unfortunately obliged to face an AI in Easy mode, which is not necessary ideal. It has also shown quite incapable of defending on the wings which ended with a 35-0. Another defect, managing open mixed is now disappointing insofar as the players do not leap instantly to the ball but patiently waiting a gauge is filled. Indeed, when a ruck is formed, the two belligerents must move the sticks in a random and unknown direction. If one of the two has the advantage, he can choose to retrieve the ball by making a pass, a kick or directly attacking the line of scrimmage with his half. Moreover, we must admit we find in-game all the traditional elements of rugby: candles, drops, mauls, as well as scoops and fend. In short, there are still good ideas, but the workload remains consistent.

Someone will have to take the plunge and buy it on behalf of the rest of the forum

The game,? I plan on buying it no matter what, just like I have pretty much every other rugby game :p

What's the hands on sound like? Anyone got an English translation? What's the go with all the media on this game being exclusively French?

I google translated it and it came out relatively legible. Basically saying that it has the 3 European League's licences , plus unofficial versions of the Euro Cup, Super 15, 6 Nations and The RC, but they're still in talks over securing them. Says there is a decent looking create a tournament mode too, with plenty of customisation options.

Graphics are apparently a bit meh considering the hardware that its on. They were told that there's a deep system for pitch degradation in bad weather though - hope they haven't gone for that instead of working on other stuff.

Gameplay wise, he said that they could only play against the AI on easy, and won 35 - 0 because they just couldn't defend their wings. Ruck controls seem to be analogue stick controlled now, and players can be a bit slow getting there (I think anyway). All in all, they said the basics are pretty good, so dunno.

Nobody has mentioned if there is a career mode yet. Jesus christ you'd think that's a pretty important feature. If not the most important in a sports game these days

Nobody has mentioned if there is a career mode yet. Jesus christ you'd think that's a pretty important feature. If not the most important in a sports game these days

Yeah that's worried me a bit too, pretty much the main thing that I want from a rugby game atm!

If there isn't a career mode that's decent I'm 100% not buying this. This is one of the most important things yet very game since rugby 08 has gone backwards!

It really annoyed me how the fans forum for rugby challenge and rugby World Cup game both said they really needed a career mode and both companies ignored that element! Both games got boring after a month.

It makes me think the people who make these games arn't actually rugby fans or ex players

If there isn't a career mode that's decent I'm 100% not buying this. This is one of the most important things yet very game since rugby 08 has gone backwards!

It really annoyed me how the fans forum for rugby challenge and rugby World Cup game both said they really needed a career mode and both companies ignored that element! Both games got boring after a month.

It makes me think the people who make these games arn't actually rugby fans or ex players

Do they need to be though? Its fairly obvious that a career mode is one of the most requested things, so you'd thing they'd focus on it!

Just need to look at the big sports game franchises to see that the career mode is very popular, and even smaller ***les like Rugby League 3 on the Wii managed to nail down an excellent career mode!

Latest posts