• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

I am well aware of possible budget issues, i am just stating my opinion that if you want it to be successful it would have to reach a wider audience. Which atm its english and french. Its like how in RC it had super 15 but no SA teams. So instead of the sharks you played as durban. I think the investment would be worth the reward

Last edited:
What if they literally don't have the money, though?
They're not a big studio, and their last major release (bar mobile games and Wii ports) was RWC2011, which was a major flop (can't remember the figures, but they lost money on it).

What if they literally don't have the money, though?
They're not a big studio, and their last major release (bar mobile games and Wii ports) was RWC2011, which was a major flop (can't remember the figures, but they lost money on it).

They just about broke even, we're lead to believe.

I am well aware of possible budget issues, i am just stating my opinion that if you want it to be successful it would have to reach a wider audience. Which atm its english and french. Its like how in RC it had super 15 but no SA teams. So instead of the sharks you played as durban. I think the investment would be worth the reward

I'm not so sure. It depends on developments costs, licenses, marketing and so on. You could spend a lot more than you could recoup. I would rather have no licenses and a game that's good to play a la Pro Evolution Soccer from 1997 - 2006.

Ultimately Big Ant have got it spot on with the Don Bradman Cricket idea - let the community create the best mock ups of kits, player likenesses, up to date squads and so on and give the user the opportunity to download the highest ranked ones. It circumnavigates the issue of no licenses and yet allows you to play as the team as you want to.

I think the pro 12 teams will be licensed but the league won't be licensed like the champions league and Europa league in fifa. Or so I hope

I'd imagine they have the "Pro 12" licence as they've already promoted using the old logo. So as the others have said, its likely that they're hashing out new terms with Guinness / changing in game stuff to match the change.
Hoping they have some sort of European Cup in there, even without the licence, maybe even a second tier competition if they have the teams too. Also, if they forget to add an option for randomising teams like they did in Rugby 08, theyd just be daft... If not, here's hoping for a tidy create a tournament mode!

I was just exploring www.rugbythegame.com and i looked in legal mentions and came across this
"An Official Licensed Product of the RaboDirect PRO12. The Rabodirect PRO12 logo device is a protected mark. Unauthorised use is prohibited."
So they must have some association with the pro 12

Well, that's settled, it doesn't matter what you write, no one here reads ****.

Well, that's settled, it doesn't matter what you write, no one here reads ****.

Hlca0gB.jpg

Lol, ok. I wrote many times, that there's no point in speculating about the Pro12 license, when Bigben has shown us not once, not twice, but three times that they have the license. If it's Guinness or not, who cares?
Nothing personal with Rhys4Wales, sorry dude, but I made the exact same post 24 hours earlier, a post that is on the same page.

Ah looks like they've changed the goal kicking system :( was one of the best things about 06/08/RWC2011, and was hands down probably the best from all rugby games. Hope it matches up if it is different

Ah looks like they've changed the goal kicking system :( was one of the best things about 06/08/RWC2011, and was hands down probably the best from all rugby games. Hope it matches up if it is different

Could be similar to the field goal system they use in the Madden series with the analogue stick.

Not sure if it changed or only a redesign. Considering the info we have and the hands-on comments, it's the least of our worries.

People who played the game, a few journalists at that press conference played and tweeted about it, one guy said that 08 was better. Seriously, are you guys afraid of social media or what?

Latest posts