• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

Anyone know which leagues and international teams will feature In the game? Nothing worse than playing as you're favourite team only to find dan carter has been replaced by can darter

Anyone know which leagues and international teams will feature In the game? Nothing worse than playing as you're favourite team only to find dan carter has been replaced by can darter

I know it is an assumption but they definitely had all the six nations teams in Rwc 2011 so can we assume they will have them again? On the off chance they don't with the pro 12 a viva and top 14 you'll be able to
make them. Just southern hem to work out

I'm hoping with what looks like a fairly decent budget for a rugby game HB will be able to deliver a quality product. I never got to play rwc 2011 since it only came out on 360/ps3 neither of which I own but from all the videos and reading on forums I did it seemed like it was not much of an improvement from rugby 08 and in some cases it actually went backwards. Rugby challenge was not perfect but for me but it certainly evolved the rugby game genre more than rwc 2011 did. I have not played rc2 yet but it seems like support for that has dropped off too and has it's own set of problems as well. I'm not exactly holding my breath for rugby 15 based on HB studios previous effort with rwc 2011 but unless a rival game gets announced it may be the only rugby game we have to play for awhile and it appears so far rugby 15 has a much larger budget compared to rwc 2011 which will hopefully result in a better game than both rwc 2011 and rc2.

I'm hoping with what looks like a fairly decent budget for a rugby game HB will be able to deliver a quality product. I never got to play rwc 2011 since it only came out on 360/ps3 neither of which I own but from all the videos and reading on forums I did it seemed like it was not much of an improvement from rugby 08 and in some cases it actually went backwards. Rugby challenge was not perfect but for me but it certainly evolved the rugby game genre more than rwc 2011 did. I have not played rc2 yet but it seems like support for that has dropped off too and has it's own set of problems as well. I'm not exactly holding my breath for rugby 15 based on HB studios previous effort with rwc 2011 but unless a rival game gets announced it may be the only rugby game we have to play for awhile and it appears so far rugby 15 has a much larger budget compared to rwc 2011 which will hopefully result in a better game than both rwc 2011 and rc2.

Yeah I think your probably right. The RWC game was in my opinion a step backwards. I know they implemented some new features but the gameplay was definitely less enjoyable. But with BigBens 'largest license to date' I'm assuming a lot more effort has gone in to it.

RC2 1 and 2 graphically was excellent I thought. But was maybe TOO simulation? Also had you been able to transfer between different competitions would have probably added way more longevity.

To be honest I'm not expecting any massive improvements in Rugby 15, especially graphically. Just hopefully a decent starting point for future ***les. I expect they will bring out a RWC 15 game next year which should be of a lot higher quality and maybe include online playability etc.

I think HB need to come back on to these forums after release to get some real feedback and find out what their customers feel is important/lacking ready for the development of hopefully next years if they stick to the idea of bringing out annual releases.

If I'm honest the online playability doesn't bother me. I know it will for others. Although I had both rc1 and rc2 and love rugby games I must say I never got in to them like I did the old ea games. I just didn't thing the game play would keep me hooked. On that basis I am glad HB have got the licences and hope they have a really good crack at an up to date sim.

What we really need is a decent carrier mode to actually keep people interested in the game.

Rugby c 1 and 2 were so poor in this aspect.

Good challenging AI with enough customisation and we are set.

If I'm honest the online playability doesn't bother me. I know it will for others. Although I had both rc1 and rc2 and love rugby games I must say I never got in to them like I did the old ea games. I just didn't thing the game play would keep me hooked. On that basis I am glad HB have got the licences and hope they have a really good crack at an up to date sim.

I 100% agree. I've spent more time editing the teams on RC than I have playing because there are too many bugs that gift tries to the opposition and don't allow you to go through the phases. The Career mode on RC 2 is much improved with the addition of transfers and pre-season friendlies, but there's still no player development so there's no real pros in picking a youngster over a veteran with a slightly better rating.

I remember I played World League (despite no player progression) on Rugby 05 and Rugby 08 so much and barely touched the teams because it was good (for the time) at allowing you to go through the phases on attack and you couldn't be beaten by umpteen wonder offloads from the AI on defense.

I absolutely loved the world league! Sad to think we haven't progressed in almost 10 years of rugby gaming since then. If they can make a career mode half decent it will keep us all hooked and I'll happily buy it year after year. Excited about more licences (and hopefully a proper millennium stadium rather than RC1's castle park) but more excited now that we will get a proper rugby game to get our teeth in to.

I have the lowest of expectations.

It really would be fantastic if it panned out but given the most recent record (RWC2011), the bar has been set low.

No idea why they are choosing not to do any publicity for this yet but pay money to be at e3 where no one gives a **** about rugby! Mental

They don't even post on their own forum

I'll fire off another email and see if they're going to make any further announcements.

There is no info on their web sites, Facebook page or forums.....

That is not a good sign. I do wonder why they won't even talk about it? Although last time when they made rugby 11 they talked but didn't listen to any of the advice!

Having witnessed the way that RWC11 was handled, just be patient. The whole issue of silence could be down to the protracted issue of resolving licenses. I don't know anything for certain , but it could be a possibility. Just cool your jets and wait for news.

Latest posts