• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 11: W.Force v Crusaders

one should have been disallowed for sure as there was a knock on and he was in an offside position when he got the ball.

the other one had major doubt over it so I think fair enough call there.

the force did play better than the cruaders for most of the game. the crusaders though did come back and the force got 3 points they defintely should not have been awarded. rugby is an 80min game and the team that deserves to win is the one that plays for the whole 80mins.

the force did play better than the cruaders for most of the game.[/b]

that sums it up really, if a side play better for most of the game they deserve to win.

rugby is an 80min game and the team that deserves to win is the one that plays for the whole 80mins. [/b]

i disagree, so youre telling me if a side plays well for 70 minutes, but then slacks of in the last 10, they dont deserve to win?

and you are telling me that a team that comes back from playing badly for most of the game and ends the 80mins stronger doesn't deserve to win.

so are you telling me that a team that can comes back from being behind and down for most of the game and claws their way back does not deserve to win.

should rugby games now only take into account the team that play better for 60mins of the game or even 40 mins. so a team making a comeback from a certain point in the game should be discarded as the other team deserved to win but not them.

it's a good thing rugby is 80mins eh

A draw :eek:

Omfg.

I listened to most on radio as i cbf watchin it on tv.

The crusaders played pretty poo. The force play alright.

Did anyone pick a draw :rahh:

Um, noooo......

Now guys just remember the Force will be very dangerous in two years time - they might even win! The Crusaders came last in the first S12, the force well they can come 2nd last, but still.

That was the worst game of rugby I've seen the Crusaders play I thought I was watching a NZ Warriors league match for the first half there were so many handling errors.

The ref made some shocking decisions for both sides especially the so called shoulder charge by the Force player when he clearly had his arms out.

Calling Hamilton offside from that kick was another stupid decision. I feel the touch judges have too much say in the game today.

force were robbed..but DAYYYYYYMM..watta game

i love the whole underdog concept and the force couldve done it wth 30,000 home fans....great game

hahaha @ tha crusaders...not so dominant afterall

Originally posted by Wally@Apr 21 2006, 10:21 PM
David Croft would take a dump on the cut on McCaw's right eye.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: so random

timely and i guess an expected hiccup from the crusaders....all in all it just means crusaders will be a much stronger team come semifinals time

Originally posted by nik@Apr 22 2006, 07:00 PM
timely and i guess an expected hiccup from the crusaders....all in all it just means crusaders will be a much stronger team come semifinals time
How was that even the littlest bit expected?

Really both teams had multiple chances to take the win, and in the end both teams blew those chances, so fair result.
Crusaders defence in thier zone was superb as they had to defend without giving the penalty especially in the last 10.(try or no try? how did they get an overlap with one man down)
Sharpe said it before the match that they had to disrupt the Crusaders rythm and that's what they did so well. A lot of teams would have put pressure on the inexperienced players, the Force did it to the best summed up when McCaw had to leave the field.
They were the first team to actually target the hole between Mauger and Ralph and did it successfully and showed up Hamilton's defencive descrepinces when he's not playing in a dominate team.
The thing they did the best was force the Crusaders to commit players at ruck time which the Crusaders recently have been reluctant to do.

I hated the game, but thats because i am one eyed, i cant help it!

i dont think canterbury desereved to win. do i think if the force deserved to win? dont care really :)

ref had a shocker, the try in the corner i didnt want to give it but thought they would. shocked and happy they didnt. the penalty for the force when they said hamilton (or whoever) was off side i was ****** and wanted to kill him.

not going to say to much, but i am proud to be a cantabrian we never gave up

Crusaders lucky to get draw
22 April 2006 

Crusaders 23 - Force 23 
SYDNEY: The Crusaders knew fortune was on their side when they scraped through with a draw against the Western Force in the biggest upset of the Super 14 rugby season at Perth's Subiaco Oval last night.

"We were a little lucky I guess to come away with two points," Crusaders captain Richie McCaw admitted, after the Force were denied their first win by the call of the television match official ruling that winger Haig Sare was partly in touch when he dived over with four minutes to play.

Few would disagree with McCaw that the Force were desperately unlucky not to win. Force captain Nathan Sharpe said his players were gutted with the 23-23 result after they made so much of the play.

It was a frenetic match in which the competition cellar dwellers stood up to the unbeaten Crusaders and refused to bow.

The result thwarted the Crusaders' efforts to put a break on the second-placed Waratahs on the points table and puts more pressure on them as they head to South Africa today for matches against the Stormers and Bulls.

"We knew the Force wouldn't be easy but we didn't have quite the intensity we needed," McCaw said afterwards.

"This is Super 14 rugby and you have got to turn up 100 per cent or you finish second."

Coach Robbie Deans said his side didn't get the platform they normally achieved through the scrums and line-outs to propel their attacking forays.

"But the players need to look at themselves in terms of what they brought to the game."

His rival and former colleague in the All Blacks coaching team, John Mitchell, was even blunter about the Crusaders.

"They're a side that enjoys momentum and they didn't get a lot of that tonight and that is partly due to ourselves but also some of their top players not having the top four inches right."

Mitchell was greeted warmly by the 30,000-strong crowd as he came down from the coach's box to congratulate his players and he was clearly pleased with their effort.

"You've got to take those opportunities to physically get into them and we did that."

His side rocked the Crusaders early with a try to fullback Cameron Shepherd and when Mose Tuiali'i replied for the visitors soon after, the Force side continued to take the game to them.

Scott Staniforth broke the line and flicked an inside pass to Brock James, who scored. By halftime the Force led 20-8, a scoreline no one could have predicted.

The Crusaders dominated territory early in the second half, but couldn't breach the stout Force defence.

Finally, a Leon Macdonald try in the 68th minute when the Force were a man down after a period of persistent offending closed the score to 23-16 and then Rico Gear crossed with eight minutes to go, with Dan Carter's conversion levelling the scores.

Ordinarily, the Crusaders would have been expected to finish the Force off, but they stuttered and instead it was Sare who appeared to score in the corner in the tackles of MacDonald and Tuiali'i. Referee Marius Jonker referred the decision to television match official Geoff Acton, who after numerous replays ruled Sare had a foot in touch.

Sare crossed again in the dying minutes, but was called back because of a forward pass and there was no late rally from the Crusaders.

"It doesn't feel like a win," a disappointed Sharpe said afterwards.

"It's not often you get a chance to put away the Crusaders like that. The boys are gutted and that's a great sign. . . because it means we don't take second best."

The Force play the Cats in Johannesburg on Friday night.

[/b]

http://stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3645299a1823,00.html

just thought you would like ot know what the "papers" are saying

Originally posted by woosaah@Apr 23 2006, 07:08 PM
just thought you would like ot know what the "papers" are saying
Well the headline on the Sunday Times over here today was "How the Force was ROBBED!"

Originally posted by woosaah@Apr 24 2006, 08:41 AM
meh the game could have gone either way
The Force were definately robbed, that last call was total bullshit and the Force fans have a right to be outraged.

:eek: :eek:

Robbed?.............they were crucified, robbed, raped and pillaged

its total BS.

The Force totally deserved to win - heck they did win, but the scoreboard and ref malfunction in the 79th minute, said otherwise