• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Rockstar] Grand Theft Auto V

Just got home with the game now... Jesus, have to install it first. What is this world coming to?

Damn you future-living-in Australasians!
I completely forgot about the install, I'm going to have to go out and buy a new USB drive to do it as I've only got about 50mb free space on my Xbox's hard drive.

the fact that I have to wait another 18 or so hours before I cant get is killing me. Everything just looks so dam good. How long did the install take you lucky ********?

I bought it from PS Store on Friday which was spose to be the time we could download it (not play). Was delayed until yesterday. Slow download as so many people were doing same thing but took about 6 hours to get the whole 18gb file. Installed and ready to go for 11.59pm tonight ;) Sucks clicking on the icon tho and it goes to spark up then shut you down saying "Playable on 17th".

It's looking good though...

If you got a trusted or close mate then share the cost on digital download as one purchase works for 2 accounts. When I go into the GTA icon and hit Triangle--> INFO it says down the bottom that other users can you this content as long as the buyer account is not deleted from that machine/s. I definitely know that it will only be useable on 2 accounts though. My buddy downloaded this morning and it only took 2 and a bit hours, so servers have sped up.

One other thing worth mentioning - If you buy it digitally you can play GTA V on the PS4 once a steaming service comes out in early 2014. You won't be able to do this if you buy disc version as PS4 won't be backwards compatible.

Last edited:
Got it and it looks and plays great! I had to update my xbox first, then had to wait for the install disc to finish installing but it was worth the wait.

I played a few missions with Franklin so far and have not been able to play as the other 2 yet. The cars handle very differently from GTA 4. They move much better and steering is very sensitive which takes a bit of getting used to. Combat is good too but I'm still getting used to all the controls. The game itself is very fluid and so far runs smoother than GTA 4.

My thoughts go out to my cousin and more importantly my great friend osulli mi upon hearing the news that his copy of GTA V may be delayed until as late as October due to flaws in Amazon's delivery process. He cannot cancel his order, in an act of pure loyalty showing the measure of this great man, as he also ordered my copy of the game for me for us both to avoid paying for postage and while my copy has been dispatched his is dwelling deep in the lowest hells of Amazon.co.uk.

I believe that it is our duty as men and women of TRF to make his wait bearable by constantly posting about the sheer quality of this game.

Can I change my name to have a saint in front of it please? Also before you get that game it will be taking a vacation south of the equator if you get my drift (I'm going to rub my ball all over the disk, maybe the box too if I'm feeling bitter).
All Cmac told you is true. I ordered us each GTA. Mine an Xbox one his a PS3. I check today and his is dispatched while mine is detail free. If any of the good staff at Amazon.co.uk read this kindly go suck a dick.
P.S and some balls too

Trevor is badass. Hope people didn't like GTA IV LaD...

Trevor is badass. Hope people didn't like GTA IV LaD...

I haven't even started with trevor!!

Man this game is awesome!! Went to bed around 2am and got up for work at 6am...

WORTH IT!!

1235920_1414633868754786_398066530_n.jpg

Last edited:
Really enjoying this so far! not played a massive amount (yet!) but I've been impressed with what I have.

I also like how on the joint missions you see a different perspective depending which character you start the mission with.
e.g. (this is potentially a spoiler, but doesn't contain any story and is very very early on, so proceed with caution :p) when you do the mission when Michael finds his wife in bed with the tennis coach, I purposefully failed so I could start it with Franklin as well, and with Franklin as you're going up to the house you see him jump out the window and hear the shouting, before you've even started the mission. Does make me wonder how whether I've missed/will miss, anything good by starting missions with different people :p

Really enjoying this so far! not played a massive amount (yet!) but I've been impressed with what I have.

I also like how on the joint missions you see a different perspective depending which character you start the mission with.
e.g. (this is potentially a spoiler, but doesn't contain any story and is very very early on, so proceed with caution :p) when you do the mission when Michael finds his wife in bed with the tennis coach, I purposefully failed so I could start it with Franklin as well, and with Franklin as you're going up to the house you see him jump out the window and hear the shouting, before you've even started the mission. Does make me wonder how whether I've missed/will miss, anything good by starting missions with different people :p

This is what I like about this one...

I read it somewhere that the intertwining stories will have different outcomes etc....

So for the longevity of this game, it's great. I have decided to start off with franklin and then move on to michael and then trevor...

Oh god there is just so much to do and so little time to do it, Los Santos is so huge it's breathtaking and I haven't even left the city yet.

Oh god there is just so much to do and so little time to do it, Los Santos is so huge it's breathtaking and I haven't even left the city yet.
I have, but only for about one minute: Wanted to fly up to whatever the big mountain is called and then parachute off. Flew over there, successfully landed on the road, then got eaten by a mountain lion trying to get to the cable car :lol:
Going to wait for the story to take my out there now.

A friend of my brother's bought GTA V for the PS3 but he has an Xbox 360. Now, my brother bought it from him and I can pick it up tonight. I guess no sleep for me. Luckily I have a day off tomorrow

Well, I played GTA V and here's a list of interesting things I've done:

- Kicked a dog (and killed it)
- Took a stripper home
- Jumped of Mount Chiliad with a parachute
- Played Tennis and Golf

I love the game so much. The number of things you can do is almost unlimited. Big improvement compared to GTA IV is that the car driving is a bit more user-friendly.

Latest posts