• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Rockstar] Grand Theft Auto V

Mint's good its a "lightweight" OS so can run on pretty much any PC (saying that the same is for most Linux distro's) I just prefer Ubuntu though as its what we use at uni so am used to the layout more and where to find things.

Yeah, I am looking for something simple to start out on, and Mint has been recommended by people who use Linux. I've gone from 98 to XP to 7 and XP again, so no Linux experience.
Just going to wait until I have a computer where I can effectively dual boot or virtualise XP. I do have a Mint flash drive I've made but not tried out.
Rather O/T, but it's all good really.

Fair enough, Mint would be a good starting point, as for Virtual machines they are ok.. I'd just dual boot though saves time and hassle most of the time.. I only run virtual machines to test out some new software that has come from some weird places that is interesting to me based of my course.. and hah yeah just a tad but either way..

GTA V imo looks good Just wish It was on PC at the same time to be fair but saying that I've always preferred GTA on consoles just for the controls are easier imo.. but the HD graphics on PC do make up for it.

I'm definitely going to get this, ryan91676 on ps3 if anybody wants to add me. I play COD online too, but if not that's cool. Heh, I bought a ps3 just so I could play GTA 4, and a ps2 back when just so I could play GTA 3.

Very, very excited about this. It's a long wait, but not buying another game till this one comes out. Anyone else thinks it looks remarkably similar to The Sopranos? Anyway, bought all the GTA games but this looks the most promising one since San Andreas.

P.S, I own a PS3 and love it.

It's interesting you guys mention the PS3 vs Xbox battle...

In South Africa there are other factors to consider.

PS3 has it's own local PSN (network), yet xbox doesn't, xbox live is nearly non-existant in SA.

Another thing is that repairs for the PS3 is much easier to do as we have local authorised dealers. But with Xbox, the console has to be sent to Cape Town to be fixed, so the costs is much higher.

Lastly, the Games cost exactly the same in the stores.

I will be getting this for my PS3, and my brother probably on his xbox.

Not even Uncharted 3?

Long cinematics and QTEs a good game doth not make - See, Metal Gear Solid. Always found uncharted a clunky mess, delivering nothing the original Max Payne didn't do Better 10 years earlier.

It's interesting you guys mention the PS3 vs Xbox battle...

In South Africa there are other factors to consider.

PS3 has it's own local PSN (network), yet xbox doesn't, xbox live is nearly non-existant in SA.

Another thing is that repairs for the PS3 is much easier to do as we have local authorised dealers. But with Xbox, the console has to be sent to Cape Town to be fixed, so the costs is much higher.

Lastly, the Games cost exactly the same in the stores.

I will be getting this for my PS3, and my brother probably on his xbox.

First WP ruin rugby, now online gaming.
See, if this distribution centre was in Durban there would be no problem.

Think I am the only person that hasn't been really interested in getting a single one out of AC3, BO2 or GTA 5

Of people interested in games, etc... context implied over hyperbole.

Think I am the only person that hasn't been really interested in getting a single one out of AC3, BO2 or GTA 5

Of people interested in games, etc... context implied over hyperbole.

Well done, your trophy is in the post.

Newest trailer (3). My god I'm looking forward to this...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had to pre-buy this game. When it's ready for me - goodbye studies, goodbye job, goodbye family and friends. I know what I'm going to do with the rest of my life...

It's ganna be me alone with the game, my cat decomposing from starvation in the corner of the room.

That trailer was just something else I've always been a bit meh on GTA games but this looks to have got it right.

Oh sweet jesus...I'm with nickdnz...goodbye outside world, relationships and responsibilities, hello GTA V!

Latest posts