• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RBS 6 Nations - England vs Ireland - 17/03/2012 - 17:00

I really hope Lancaster, Farrell and Rowntree have told the players to get the ***le out of their heads. It's not going to happen, and If we try and beat Ireland by a certain amount rather than playing to win, we'll definitely lose.

I think we could/should use Tuilagi more directly in midfield. He should be coming in as first receiver more often to maximise his impact.

I see where you're coming from, but all Barrit seems able to do with ball in hand is run into the opposing centre, so why move Tualagi in to do the same thing? I'd keep it as is. Barrit goes BOOM and then Tualagi has a bit more space (for Earls to pound him with a rockhard tackle :cool:).

I really hope Lancaster, Farrell and Rowntree have told the players to get the ***le out of their heads. It's not going to happen, and If we try and beat Ireland by a certain amount rather than playing to win, we'll definitely lose.

I think we could/should use Tuilagi more directly in midfield. He should be coming in as first receiver more often to maximise his impact.

Tuilagi's doin just fine! what He needs is a couple of hungry wingers sitting on his shoulder feeding off the carnage he inflicts on the opposition!!

Tuilagi's doin just fine! what He needs is a couple of hungry wingers sitting on his shoulder feeding off the carnage he inflicts on the opposition!!
Tuilagi will be immense tomorrow. He'll run through Earls, suck in Bowe offload to strettle or Ashton, Foden will come into the line and receive the ball and go under the posts unopposed. Why?? Because Keith Earls is useless. Hopefully he will be exposed for how bad he is

I see where you're coming from, but all Barrit seems able to do with ball in hand is run into the opposing centre, so why move Tualagi in to do the same thing? I'd keep it as is. Barrit goes BOOM and then Tualagi has a bit more space (for Earls to pound him with a rockhard tackle :cool:).

Yeah, one thing that's disappointed me slightly about Barritt is he's been less elusive as a 12 than I've seen him for Saracens. In the premiership he's typically strong but also quite difficult to get hold of and can wriggle his way over the gainline, rather like Flutey was able to do a few years ago. But then again, I don't think Barritt has taken the ball into contact too often(maybe I'm wrong). We normally just ship it out gradually, not crabbing per se but drifting. I'm talking more about using Tuilagi off quick lineout ball.

I'm worried that Earls will find some form against us. I do think he's a quality player with space and broken play, rather than a structured game. If this was at the aviva I wouldn't give us the slightest chance. I'm just worried that if players such as Sexton, Sean O'Beef and Bowe come good against us, Ireland could ignite a bit.

The good thing is that there's more to come from some of our key backs.

Tuilagi will be immense tomorrow. He'll run through Earls, suck in Bowe offload to strettle or Ashton, Foden will come into the line and receive the ball and go under the posts unopposed. Why?? Because Keith Earls is useless. Hopefully he will be exposed for how bad he is

Most missed tackles for Ireland in six nations? D'Arcy with six.

Most mistakes leading to trys: Rob Kearney with two.

Nice to see you hoping for Irish players to fail. Lovely guy. I suppose you'd have Eoin O'Malley starting?

Edit: And where's Kearney when Foden's running in under the posts?

Probably showing off his classic last ditch tackling? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfSkgzjCZ78

Note, I think Kearney's a great player, just annoyed at Captain Nasty here.

Last edited:
After realising that Wales will I hope be the holders of the grand slam by the time this game kicks off if this is so it may have a massive effect on how England set out they may come out all guns blazing but they may also be subdued with disapointment as they will have no chance of winning the championship, this game should of been played before the Wales match would of made it much more exciting.

You're being mighty hard on the man,he's been asked to do a job and he's not likely to say " thanks Mr Kidney but **** off". You've been blessed in Ireland with the greatest centre ever, playing for what feels like a thousand years. another BOD is not likely to appear out of the ether any time soon(unfortunately for the world of rugby).In the meantime you should offer your support to the best you've got. By the way, Tuilagi is unlikely to offload to Ashton! he's too busy trying to remember what a fecking swandive is!

I thought the Irish centres were exposed in Dublin by Wales . Not sure whether Ireland have really found an adequate replacement for ODriscoll and I anticipate that England maybe targetting that area of their game come Saturday . I expect a huge battle upfront and another close game. I don't see winning margin being greater than 7pts with England just tipping it.

Most missed tackles for Ireland in six nations? D'Arcy with six.

Most mistakes leading to trys: Rob Kearney with two.

Nice to see you hoping for Irish players to fail. Lovely guy. I suppose you'd have Eoin O'Malley starting?

Edit: And where's Kearney when Foden's running in under the posts?

Probably showing off his classic last ditch tackling?

Note, I think Kearney's a great player, just annoyed at Captain Nasty here.

I know you're annoyed at him but I think you've been a bit too harsh on defense.

I'm guessing your talking about the Fofana and Gray tries I wouldn't really call them mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:

I know you're annoyed at him but I think you've been a bit too harsh on defense.

I'm guessing your talking about the Fofana and Gray tries I wouldn't really call them mistakes.

He needed to hit Gray first time...running between the two of them was silly. But yeah, by and large not much he could do.

My gripe with the France try is more to the daft kick that went a mile too far and it lead to the counter attack and the try. We'd spent the whole match not doing stupid kicks, and the second that ball went up, I turned to my friend and said "try" (actually I screamed at the TV...'I told you not to fu**ing do that, now they're gonna score you fu**ing moron).

I've not been annoyed at performances generally in this 6N except for D'Arcy. I just don't like this getting on players backs for no reason...I'd probably have let the last comments go if it wasn't for the leg breaking earlier on.

Last edited by a moderator:
He needed to hit Gray first time...running between the two of them was silly. But yeah, by and large not much he could do.

My gripe with the France try is more to the daft kick that went a mile too far and it lead to the counter attack and the try. We'd spent the whole match not doing stupid kicks, and the second that ball went up, I turned to my friend and said "try" (actually I screamed at the TV...'I told you not to fu**ing do that, now they're gonna score you fu**ing moron).

I've not been annoyed at performances generally in this 6N except for D'Arcy. I just don't like this getting on players backs for no reason...I'd probably have let the last comments go if it wasn't for the leg breaking earlier on.

Fair enough. It was obviously a miskick and it was as much the lack of a chase IMO.

Amazing tat people think this one will be close. The only time this fixture has been close in donkeys years was when the history re-writers ironically said Ireland dominated it 3 years ago. Ironically because they snuck just about every win that year.

Earls literally gave France that try. The ball was on the ground and instead of diving on the ball or even attempting to tackle, he tried to kick it and missed. Even if he made contact with d ball, he wud only kicked it 10m and wud never reclaim it. Rob Henderson said that Earls has the potential to be better than Drico, today he will be exposed as the amateur player that he is. Tuilagi hope u murder him.

It's happening again!!!

I had a dream last night where England gave us a butt-kicking.

England by 22.

Hope not, will have to put up with the "we'd have won if it wasn't for the red" or "we played better than Wales so we win by proxy" excuses/*****ing for a whole year

Hope not, will have to put up with the "we'd have won if it wasn't for the red" or "we played better than Wales so we win by proxy" excuses/*****ing for a whole year

Oddly enough, that's what Terks fans have been saying for the past week. What goes around etc.

Latest posts