• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 23/24 - Round 9

Pretty sure Asher has won a penalty on his first scrum of every appearance so far (and most of the following ones tbf)

I had a thought to make caterpillar rucks more interesting. When the scrum half is moving the ball back, it has to go between the legs or it's out.
Yeah they need to ref it more strictly, I thought we'd hit a turning point when Etzebeth got that jammy try picking it up from a caterpillar because it had rolled out,
See it more obviously out than that at most rucks these days

Roebuck so good at getting to the ball in the air, never runs direct always arcs around the blocks and comes in almost from the touchline

Edit: TNT stealing my analysis

Would agree on this style, but it is the lack of control of the aggression that is killing it. When those teams play well, there is a clinical edge to the work, and that is effective.
Excluding Saracens and Exeter, what is the success rate of English clubs over the last decade in the Champions/Heineken?

Excluding Saracens and Exeter, what is the success rate of English clubs over the last decade in the Champions/Heineken?
Excluding Leinster, what is the success rate of the URC? Excluding Toulon and I don't know who, what is the success rate of the top 14?

Excluding Leinster, what is the success rate of the URC? Excluding Toulon and I don't know who, what is the success rate of the top 14?
Over the past decade, Toulon x 2, La Rochelle x 2 and Toulouse x 1. Leinster are an oddity.

Otherwise the point stands that it's a bizarre take that the style of play that originates from the two most successful/competitive English sides of the past decades is mute... Is just bizarre.

Had to follow the game on Twitter, sounded like an 80-min arm wrestle with our usual late resurgence. Apparently the ref sounded a bit suspect, but a losing bonus point in Sale csnt be sniffed at.

I had a thought to make caterpillar rucks more interesting. When the scrum half is moving the ball back, it has to go between the legs or it's out.
Yeah. I've been saying similar for ages.

Remember a season or so ago when some refs called "ball out" if the ball was on the outside of the foot of the bound player at ruck? Not sure why that was dropped.

Is the ref saying there is head contact for the pen but not enough for a yellow? I thought any head contact is a yellow card

Kelly and Kata don't work as a partnership on the whole looked exposed v Stade in defence I thought but we have no one else fit

Latest posts