• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 22/23 - Rd 17

Tigers putting out the oldest backline in Prem history today?
Only Pollard (I thought he was way older) and Potter sub 30

Edit: Yup!

Last edited:
Not sure how Tigers ended with the pen as they clearly didn't roll but that was some carry the footwork was immense.

Looks like Wray has broken his wrist so he's trying to keep out the way until a break in play and he can be subbed but they keep passing the ball in his direction - think he's had to hit four rucks so far!

For all the complaints about Borthwick nabbing all their players Tigers are going to be petitioning to extend the Six Nations with how well they're playing today

What a game!

Mad that Lozowski hasn't had a sniff of a cap since 2018 - especially with how many positions he plays and how well he's played since his French sabbatical
Such a classy player

Cowards

Really great game, though
Tizzard not living up to the hype at all,

Martin looking good - Martin/Chessum second row for Tigers after the 6N? If it goes well it could be England's second row post RWC

Looks like Wray has broken his wrist so he's trying to keep out the way until a break in play and he can be subbed but they keep passing the ball in his direction - think he's had to hit four rucks so far!
Sarries:
monty python scratch GIF

Wasn't expecting much considering how depleted we are with our England contingent away but the first 20mins was shocking. That said I genuinely thought that we could turn it around in the second half - I can't recall the stats, but our scoring record towards the end of matches was stratospheric.

Felt sorry for Theo Dan with his successive fumbles, but he is going to be a quality player for the future. Wray is an absolute unit of a player, he does a lot of the grunt work week-in, week-out that doesn't get recognised outside of the Sarries camp.

Some other points...
Found it odd that Leicester didn't even consider going for a BP at the end.

Perhaps it's just me, but after the Northampton Sale match yesterday, there seems to have been a deterioration in the quality of officiating.
Watching back, how on earth did the Brown try stand when Tizard was tackled* off the ball leaving Brown to run in unopposed?

How can a try stand if the carrier goes into touch or there is a forward pass?

There was some mitigation in Ashton's clothes line tackle on Goode, but that was still a yellow.

* Ageneral bugbear of mine is the creeping NFL-esque action of taking players out without the ball or interference that never seems to be penalised.

On a side note I was at the Sarries Harlequins womens game yesterday, lovely advert for the game, but there was an absolutely shocking tackle on Zoe Harrison which could result in her season being over... She went on a darting run and then one of the Quins players committed a high tackle flooring her. Even her opposite realised that it was instantly bad. Yet despite a good several minutes whilst Harrison was stretched off, there was no check whatsoever for foul play. There were tons of young families with their kids and they saw a very bad rugby incident and nothing was done, that is not going to help recruit the next generation of players.

Whatever you want to call a neck high tackle with no reaction to avoid contact. It wasn't a red, but it was a yellow.

Whatever you want to call a neck high tackle with no reaction to avoid contact. It wasn't a red, but it was a yellow.
Really I'd call that as clear cut rugby incident as you will see, there was absolutely minimal contact, only someone who has never played the game or is looking for solos in a close defeat would think differently.