• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Player Of Tournament.

I just think Earls has been better on average. Stockdale had a few defensive blips or questionable decisions to offset his great finishing. Though I still think he should be in the running, because he's been fantastic.

In fairness, I thought that Earls could have scored more, but the ball rarely seemed to come his way in the opposition 22. But he was superb in all other respects. And he had three different moments that will make the highlight reels of this tournament - taking Sexton's crossfield kick at the end of the France game, chasing back to stop Italy from scoring their fourth try, and the tip tackle in the England game.

James Ryan is a good shout too. One of our most impressive players this tournament, and has probably earned himself a spot in the starting 15 for quite some time to come.

So out of the official shortlist -
Stockdale - 7 tries, broken records, but playing a fantastic irish team, a good performance is always expected and he did look suspect in defence occasionaly
Sexton - Missed a **** ton of kicks, but still class
Murray- Solid, but I can't see a scrummie win it
Minozzi- My personal pick, playing rediculously well in a **** side
Guirado - Solid, but nothing special
Earls - Fantastic, better all round player than stockdale, but will get forgotten about because thats the kind of player he is

Is it more likely that Minozzi or Guirado win the Player of the Tournament, as the four Irish players will split the Irish vote?

Possibly, I voted for Sexathon completely biasedly but I see a lot of Ster fans picking Stockdale, the Munster vote will split and cut their boys chances further.

Is it more likely that Minozzi or Guirado win the Player of the Tournament, as the four Irish players will split the Irish vote?
Only if you think that everyone else will vote for non-irish people. It normally only happens if everyone has representation. If you think that all french go for guirado and all italian go for minozzi, then the English vote is what matters (we have the most people). I think you will find that the vast majority of them go for Minozzi or stockdale

At the risk of being misinterpreted, everyone elses vote is basically inconsequential. The sheer number of english people involved will likely tip the vote

Only if you think that everyone else will vote for non-irish people. It normally only happens if everyone has representation. If you think that all french go for guirado and all italian go for minozzi, then the English vote is what matters (we have the most people). I think you will find that the vast majority of them go for Minozzi or stockdale

At the risk of being misinterpreted, everyone elses vote is basically inconsequential. The sheer number of english people involved will likely tip the vote

I don't think so, Hogg won twice in a row when England won the 6N.
Feel like English fans must not vote half as much as everyone else

So who do we think will get player of tournament.

Personally think Earls deserves it but Stockdale Sexton or Murray will get it I feel.

Must add this was probably 1 of most controlled and structured Slams ever where the execution was so precise. Don't think any player did anything out of this world but more they all knew their role and xecuted their basics correct and very efficient
upload_2018-3-18_19-38-39.jpeg

Not sure if this is bad attempt of stirring but I think I recognised RK's strong finish to tournament while acknowledging he's probably Ireland' most decorated player. But shows how ride has changed now Snoop I more on views of their accmplishments and you mor3 concentrating on individuals. As I said you ain't on the high horse

On the official nominations. I'm shocked that more forwards arent represented.

Murray for me, but I think it will go to Stockdale due to the try record.

I've been fairly anti-Kearney in the past, but I have to admit that he had a very strong Six Nations for the most part. Didn't necessarily start at his best, but I thought he was excellent against Scotland and England. I still worry about our depth in the position with Zebo gone and would like to see more options being explored there against Australia. But I won't be annoyed the next time I see Kearney named as starting 15. He never looked out of place during this Six Nations.

Not sure if this is bad attempt of stirring but I think I recognised RK's strong finish to tournament while acknowledging he's probably Ireland' most decorated player. But shows how ride has changed now Snoop I more on views of their accmplishments and you mor3 concentrating on individuals. As I said you ain't on the high horse

On the official nominations. I'm shocked that more forwards arent represented.
Rob (or is it Dave?) Kearney was excellent in the 6 Nations and is unlucky not to be nominated for player of the tournament. Made mistakes against France but improved game on game since then.

Any need for the insults? I look forward to your apology.

Latest posts