• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Paris Olympics 2024

The US is having a disaster in the pool this year.

Normally a bit indifferent to all the whooping and hollering, but brilliant to see the ancient Murray bouncing around in celebration like an 8 year old who's had too much sugar.

Don't Google where Wiffen is from 🤐

Can count his medal towards Yorkshire's total, at least

Don't Google where Wiffen is from 🤐

Can count his medal towards Yorkshire's total, at least

Never represented GB and went to school in Armag having moved to Ireland ar 2.

I don't care about athletes from the north representing GB. Representing Ireland and then GB (or vice versa (or any nation switch )) is rotten though.

Never represented GB and went to school in Armag having moved to Ireland ar 2.

I don't care about athletes from the north representing GB. Representing Ireland and then GB (or vice versa (or any nation switch )) is rotten though.
I might be sympathetic with it for the olympics (depending on the sport). Funding is so hard to get that switching nation might be the only way to have a place to live til the next games. God knows swimmers don't have actual skills.

I might be sympathetic with it for the olympics (depending on the sport). Funding is so hard to get that switching nation might be the only way to have a place to live til the next games. God knows swimmers don't have actual skills.
Maybe going from big to small nations. Going from Ireland to GB shows that he only ever represented Ireland because he wasn't good enough and previously took funding from someone who would have been proud to represent us.

Swim Ireland is also an all island association so he'd have been raised through Irish funding.

Anyway, not going to let that ruin my evening. Wiffen was the entire reason I was excited for these Olympics and he has a chance to exceed very lofty expectations. Bring on the 1500m.

From what the BBC commentators were saying he should be very strong favourite for the 1500 after today - apparently endurance rather than speed is his speciality, so winning today puts him in very good stead

have to say, the Seine does look a shit-tonne cleaner than I've ever seen it.

Hmmm - what do they do with false starts in the Tri?

ETA: Jebus there's still a lot of water flowing through there!

This swim is going to be a killer

The swim course is really odd, kind of like a spiral - considering it's in a river you'd have thought they'd do out and back or even just a straight line

Graphics really leave a lot to be desired in the coverage - like how long left in the race? How far from the end? What lap are we on, and how many laps are there? Who's in the lead? Who's in the pack? I'm having to google how long the Tokyo triathlon took to complete to try and work out how long is left

They show data so infrequently

Remember thinking it during the MTB, they had a live map of the course that showed where everyone was but would only show it once or twice during the 80 min race

So the leading pack of 4 splits.
And we watch some random yank a minute down the road, running on her own

Latest posts