• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Paris Olympics 2024

Does surprise me, with margins so insanely fine, that they run with jewellery, long hair etc
You'd have thought they'd want to be as light/streamlined as possible - could an earring cause 0.005s of drag?

I noticed a lot of female swimmers had multiple earrings and wondered the same (but from an aerodynamic perspective). You'd think their pre race planning and prep would be down to a nano tee given the margins involved.

I noticed a lot of female swimmers had multiple earrings and wondered the same (but from an aerodynamic perspective). You'd think their attire and pre race prep would be down to a nano tee.
I suppose sports scientists/psychologists must have done tons of testing of familiarity/comfort/superstition vs weight/drag and decided the former trumps the latter

Rounding out your body makes your more aero (look at bike Tt helmets). So theoretically long hair out the back should help smooth out the air. Earrings that are on the front probably don't make a difference.

They do shave every square inch of body that isn't covered by spandex though.

I like Peaty. He reminds me a lot my favorite olympian Nils van der Poel. Continuous four year cycles are hard and I can see him stepping away again and returning in time to prep for the next one. This seems to have taken a lot out of him.

Yikes,
Isn't the open water swimming (10km?) in the river as well?
Genuinely surprised they didn't have a Plan B route - either Marseille (think that's where the sailing etc. is?) or wherever they usually hold Paris triathlons (they mentioned in commentary France is triathlon mad so I'm guessing there's regular ones in Paris presumably using a lake or something)

I like Peaty. He reminds me a lot my favorite olympian Nils van der Poel. Continuous four year cycles are hard and I can see him stepping away again and returning in time to prep for the next one. This seems to have taken a lot out of him.
You'll see him next on strictly. It was even alluded to on the BBC today

Gutting for the French team, and really being hammered home for Lombardi trying to catch the peloton riding solo.

Interested to see how Dickinson goes on the run, we already know he can swim and bike as fast as the leaders

So theoretically long hair out the back should help smooth out the air.
True, but (since we're scrutinizing) it would also increase the surface area exposed to air, therefore affecting friction AND increasing the weight the runner needs to carry.

Apparently we got downgraded to Bronze in triathlon?

I know the finishing angle isn't precise but looked like we ahead by enough to make a photo clear. Anyone seen it?

Is it the torso, like with the 100m last night? Because that looks like GB

Latest posts