• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Owen Farrell

Ideally yet, but it's not essential. Wilkinson wasn't particularly creative. I think if your team has decent outside backs, you can get away with having a fairly conservative 10. I've played with many fantastic 10s who have had little creativity, just a good reliable kick and a decent pass. I would much prefer to play with someone like Jonny Wilkinson than Quade Cooper, nowhere near as creative but 10 X more reliable!

Yeah totally agree i am really fond of Owen Farrell and i think he will have a big future ahead of him with England.

For all he did well yesterday, were he not his fathers son Farrell would be well behind Burns in the pecking order.

For all he did well yesterday, were he not his fathers son Farrell would be well behind Burns in the pecking order.

That statement might make some kind of sense if there was any argument at all that Burns should be starting at 10 for England right now, at this stage of his development. There isn't, so it just sounds like a playground conspiracy theory.

Sorry. Burns is a better player, in better form, playing better rugby. Much like Sharples and May are doing the same compared with Ashton and Strettle.

Faces fit and family ties, etc.

The family argument is a kop out. Farrell is playing well to be fair and has looked good for England.

Last edited:

Latest posts