• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Owen Farrell

Yeah we're well aware of what a spanner Danny Cipriani is, he stole a bottle of vodka from a Melbourne nightclub, before the season had even started! He was very hot & cold last season, scored probably one of the best super 15 tries of the year - this was the first time I'd seen him and was :eek: who the **** is he! He then got dropped for missing tackles. Came back and played a stormer. He can tackle, it's just that he often chooses not to :) If he goes well this year, then who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a massive fan of Cipriani, however I'm not sure he'll play for England any time soon/again, if he came back to England.
Would need to play incredibly well to get ahead of Flood/Farrell/Burns.
Probabaly got the potential to do so, but then if he's not back for a year, then takes another year to prove himself in the prem, then he'll be 26 or so, and they may be looking at Flood and/or Burns as 10s, and then even Ford in the wings.

I'm a massive fan of Cipriani, however I'm not sure he'll play for England any time soon/again, if he came back to England.
Would need to play incredibly well to get ahead of Flood/Farrell/Burns.
Probabaly got the potential to do so, but then if he's not back for a year, then takes another year to prove himself in the prem, then he'll be 26 or so, and they may be looking at Flood and/or Burns as 10s, and then even Ford in the wings.

Just started another thread on Cipriani as I feel it's a topic worth exploring... And very much not to do with Owen Farrell :lol:

The thing is every time i have seen Joseph or Daly play i've thought they ahve amazing talent, the same as when i have seen manu. Then trinder always look reliable but not always amazing.
But with the 12s in the country i can't ever remember beeing amazed by anyone english, barrett is solid, i've only ever seen farrell play there a few times when he has been very average. JTH looks average but not reliable. 12trees looks amazing one minute then usless the next. Allen looks average but not as good as barrett.

I want Farrell to do well but i just don't think he has any footwork or speed and so all the defenting team will aim for the 13 channel where they know the thread will come from!

I know that he has a long way to go and he doesn't always take the right options but geez Farrell showed that he has the talent to be a pretty decent international ten. Really feel that England lost their way when Flood and Youngs came on.

For me if Farrell can play like he did yesterday and better he will hold that no10 shirt for England for some time had a very very good game there yesterday.

For my money Farrell had a really good game, however its no surprise that it all went to cock once Youngs replaced Dicko. Not likely though anyone will ever notice that being such a contributing factor.

Very odd - eerie even - expression on his face as he's focusing on a penalty kick is all I can say !...

For my money Farrell had a really good game, however its no surprise that it all went to cock once Youngs replaced Dicko. Not likely though anyone will ever notice that being such a contributing factor.

I agree with this. I'm am or at least was a big fan of Youngs but his form since returning from injury has been poor and he needs to go back to the premiership to get some form back and someone else needs to come into the England squad. Just wondering if there is anyone that can come in as a backup who can add something different off the bench maybe Joe Simpson?

Wales kept Stephen Jones in the set-up for far too long off the back of the tired old argument of being a good goal kicker and good out of hand. Moder fly-halves should be first and foremost attackers. It's as simple as that. The game has moved on insurmountably.

Farrell was very good yesterday, certainly staked a claim for the permanent 10. Not gonna lie I actually punched the air once Youngs came on, it was a turning point of the game as even if Dickson wasnt as effective as the 2 previous games he's still a far better 9 than Youngs.

What has gone wrong with Youngs, not 18 months ago he was the next best thing. Success gone to his head maybe, bit complacent as he plays for one of the RFU's favourite clubs

Farrell was very good yesterday, certainly staked a claim for the permanent 10. Not gonna lie I actually punched the air once Youngs came on, it was a turning point of the game as even if Dickson wasnt as effective as the 2 previous games he's still a far better 9 than Youngs.

What has gone wrong with Youngs, not 18 months ago he was the next best thing. Success gone to his head maybe, bit complacent as he plays for one of the RFU's favourite clubs
Everyone in the pub with me was the same. We saw Youngs come on and thought IT IS FLIPPING ON NOW!!

Farrell will stick at 10. Against Wales he showed some attacking threat, and did a nice little chip over the Welsh defence and collected. He will probably hold onto that 10 jersey for a while unless Flood pulls some miracle out the bag. At 12 Barritt didn't play too badly, but there are probably some better players out there, unless of course Tuilangi comes in at 12, but I'd prefer to see him at 13.

Here comes the BOOM

PH.jpg

Farrell played a very good game yesterday, but he was playing with an excellent stable scrum half and the most solid 12 in England. No reason to drop him at the moment, but some time in the future he'll have to get replace by someone more creative.

Here comes the BOOM

PH.jpg
Great tackle by the Englishman on the Englishman;)
Great hit by North, but credit to Farrell taking the hit and still having his wits about him to lay the ball back

*in the style of Lonely Island* Doesn't matter, we won. :p

but some time in the future he'll have to get replace by someone more creative.

Ideally yet, but it's not essential. Wilkinson wasn't particularly creative. I think if your team has decent outside backs, you can get away with having a fairly conservative 10. I've played with many fantastic 10s who have had little creativity, just a good reliable kick and a decent pass. I would much prefer to play with someone like Jonny Wilkinson than Quade Cooper, nowhere near as creative but 10 X more reliable!

Latest posts