• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

**Official LEGENDS MOD Thread**

Well, i made it for '06 because the gameplay is better, the rules are correct and the game is older, so it is truer. It can be converted to '08 but i won't be doing it. The rosters for national teams are based around 1995 RWC and 1996, so teams will have the most iconic or suitable kits. So when you play the game, the rosters will be what they had in 1995 RWC or in 1995.. with some emerging stars from 1996-97 added in like Christian Cullen, Will Greenwood etc.

I could have made teams from specific years, but i didn't see the point.. it'd cut down the amount of teams you can use, and also mess up most of the modes. So i have gone with 1996 kits and with 1995 rosters.. and for classic teams i have added Barbarians (if someone can get me a 1995-96 call-up list for them at that time that'd be handy) Australia 1991, France 1987, NZ 1987 and Lions 1997 (for the Lions Tour)

It's quite complex but most clubs kits are from 1995-1999, after 1999 they became the fashionable style, almost like soccer.. so i ditched that idea. For some teams, i will add a classic kit (the old style, no sponsors) for teams like Ireland and maybe Wales, but there aren't many worth putting in before 1987. I will probably make some anyway so you can add them if you like.

The beauty of the game is that you can swap players directly from the database into the game, so if you wanted to make an older XV or your own XV, those players would be there if they qualified for my database. I will not add players like Carter, McCaw, Wilkinson etc because they are newer players, and this is a retro patch.. so it would have players like Mehrtens, Zinzan and Andrew instead. There will be a lot of club players too, who aren't legends as such, but was part of the national team for 1 cap or something.

ALL the legends of the game will be in the game, the furthest going back will be players like Kyle, McBride, Meads, JPR, Edwards etc.. but you would have to put them in yourself.

This will be an ongoing patch so i can release it early and then keep updating what is missing. I mean, the game has 2005 kits anyway, so it is retro as such until i add all the final graphics.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Sep 17 2008, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Scotland
1.D.Sole
2. G. Bulloch
3.I.Milne
4.D Weir
6.F.Calder
7.R.Wainwright
8.P.Walton

9.R. Laidlaw
10.C.Chalmers, G.Townsend, D.Hodge, I.McGeechan
11.K.Logan
12.A.Tait
13.S. Hastings
14.T.Stanger
15.G.Hastings[/b]

They are all in the roster too, plus more like Craig Joiner, Kenny Milne, Tom Smith, Peter Walton, Dave Hilton etc

I am making it for 06, because 06 is a good game too.. 08 grates me too much after all the modding i did to it. It's a real shame te rosters aren't compatible.. but if you are going to make a roster woldog, i warn you, it will take hours and hours of your time, and that includes researching all the names, positions etc.

I find the best site by far is www.scrum.com. Huge database there.. no player pics, but most of them can be generic anyway.

I've got positions down pat, for most teams Wallaby gold lists the teams and the team that lined up against Wallabies, and gives a description of the games as well, other than that I have google and Wikipedia, and that said, secondary positions are easy to guess with the position they already play, i.e. Wing - Fullback - center or Flanker - Number 8

Hi guys, not sure if there will be NZ Maori in this patch but if there is I saw a first XV they had picked on their BEBO page. I added a few reserves that I'd like to see as well, they are just my opinion.

NZ Maori 1st XV

George Nepia
John Timu
Rico Gear
Johnny Smith
Bill Osborne
Carlos Spencer
Sid Going
Zinzan Brooke
Wayne Shelford (captain)
Waka Nathan
Robin Brooke
Tiny Hill
Carl Hayman
Hika Reid
Steve McDowell

Reserves

Norm Hewitt
Hika Reid
Kees Meeuws
Kevin Boroevich
Troy Flavell
Jono Gibbes
Taine Randell
Jamie Joseph
Deon Muir
Ron Cribb

Piri Weepu
Rhys Duggan
Stu Forster
Glen Jackson
Tony Brown
Mark Mayerhofler
Caleb Ralph
Roger Randle
Adrian Cashmore
Bruce Reihana

Anyway I'd love to see them In the game, I pretty much play as Maori every time somebody challenges me at 06

I'd be really keen for the roster to come out on 08 as I don't have 06 on PC. From PS2 06 seems ALOT better though...I suppose I'll get 06 on PC just 4 this roster though :). That being said I still don't know if there will be custom models made for the legends? It would be great if there was, at least the countries national teams.

Sorry, I mean faces you or someone else made, Cyber Faces. btw I bought 06 for PC in anticipation for this mod :D

06 is like a mature woman. 08 is like a cheap tart. I just took a look at some EA Rugby 2005 screens and it looks much much better than it does in the last games, for menus at least. It seems with every game, EA go further backwards..

I wish i could have 2005 menu, with 06 gameplay.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Nov 8 2008, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Italian clubs, will be Treviso and probably Calvisano.

1. Benetton Treviso
2. Calvisano[/b]

Excuse me,but I think you should make Treviso and Milan Rugby.Or Treviso and Padova,or Treviso and Rovigo or treviso and L'Aquila.These clubs are the hystory of italian rugby and rapresent the Gold Age of itaòian rugby.
In the 90s Milan Rugby had a great roster with Campese,Dominguez,Cuttitta etc and Mark Ella was the coach.
In the 80s Campese played for Padova(that had Knox too) and Rovigo had Naas Botha.
L'Aquila had Rob Law(Springboks captain).Treviso had Jhon Kirwan and many more champions played in the Italian "Serie A".
If you want more informations just tell,and I will give you all the info I have.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (frankmiller @ Apr 21 2009, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Nov 8 2008, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. Benetton Treviso
2. Calvisano[/b]

Excuse me,but I think you should make Treviso and Milan Rugby.Or Treviso and Padova,or Treviso and Rovigo or treviso and L'Aquila.These clubs are the hystory of italian rugby and rapresent the Gold Age of itaòian rugby.
In the 90s Milan Rugby had a great roster with Campese,Dominguez,Cuttitta etc and Mark Ella was the coach.
In the 80s Campese played for Padova(that had Knox too) and Rovigo had Naas Botha.
L'Aquila had Rob Law(Springboks captain).Treviso had Jhon Kirwan and many more champions played in the Italian "Serie A".
If you want more informations just tell,and I will give you all the info I have.
[/b][/quote]
Lol! "the golden age of itaòian rugby" where all of the greatest players playing over there wern't Italian.

I have not decided on which other italian team yet. I was going to go for Treviso and L'Aquila, but i could also have Milan. The trouble is finding images of kits/logos and rosters for Milan.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Apr 21 2009, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (frankmiller @ Apr 21 2009, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Nov 8 2008, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. Benetton Treviso
2. Calvisano[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Lol! "the golden age of itaòian rugby" where all of the greatest players playing over there wern't Italian.
[/b][/quote]

No,it's not true.There were many italian champions.The difference with now is that italian clubs had more italian players in the rosters,and the few foreigner players were international champions like Campese,Kirwan,Louw etc.
And you know why?Because in Italy there were an "hide professionalism" and foreigners internationals players were paied well.If you consider also that Italty is one of the most beautiful country in the world,that we have the best kitchen in the world,art,good weather...
[End of OT]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Apr 21 2009, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have not decided on which other italian team yet. I was going to go for Treviso and L'Aquila, but i could also have Milan. The trouble is finding images of kits/logos and rosters for Milan.[/b]

In a few day I can give you the rosters of Treviso,L'Aquila,Rovigo,Padova,Milan.

Latest posts