• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NZ's top ref kept out of South Africa??

No problem. I only wish I had a similar open and shut argument for whenever I run into one of those "Kennedy/Grassy Knoll/Second Gunman" nutjobs!

Actually Kennedy is one I can believe not that it was a cover up but it is plausible there was 2 gunmen the first bullet comes from behind and it does look like the second comes from J.F.K.'s 3 o'clock position.

I seriously doubt this is the case..

you better believe it, and I'd bet that teams talk about and practice this tactic. Heck a try saved is as good as a try scored and if the TMO cant see it touch the grass it's not a try. The Reds were brilliant at it last season. Any other team that wants to win close games will be working on it too.

Actually Kennedy is one I can believe not that it was a cover up but it is plausible there was 2 gunmen the first bullet comes from behind and it does look like the second comes from J.F.K.'s 3 o'clock position.

Have to agree.
Whilst reporting a movie as a basis for "fact" is a stretch, watch the Oliver Stone movie "JFK" and tell me you think one person could have taken out JFK from a moving car.
Then ponder why they have supressed the case files and destroyed evidence.

"I have this feeling that whoever's elected president, like Clinton was, no matter what promises you make on the campaign trail - blah, blah, blah - when you win, you go into this smoky room with the twelve industrialist, capitalist scum****s that got you in there, and this little screen comes down... and it's a shot of the Kennedy assassination from an angle you've never seen before, which looks suspiciously off the grassy knoll.... And then the screen comes up, the lights come on, and they say to the new president, 'Any questions?'

'Just what my agenda is.'

-Bill Hicks.

Apollo 11 was the first one, and Aldrin was responsible for setting up the first laser reflector.

The reflector is still functioning today, over 40 years later, reflecting LLR signals from observatories all over the globe. It is still in precise alignment too, incidating that it hasn't moved at all, so, no moonquakes; confirmation of another theory; that the moon really is a dead planet... no tectonic or geoglogical activity of any kind.

Look the Moon landings were not faked. If they were there would have been information leaked to the press. There were over 750,000 people involved over 15 years, from over 40 different countries. There is no way that faked moon landings could have been kept secret; someone would surely have talked. Returning radio and television signals from the Apollo landers were received all over the world, including by the Soviets.

FFS, Nixon and his aides couldn't keep Woodward and Bernstein from finding out about an office break-in and a couple of audio tapes, how could they have expected to conceal something of this magnitide?

Just to clarify, I am not one of those who think any of them were faked.

Wow this thread has gone so off topic LOL this is still my favourite moment from an American sitcom spoof of "JFK".

Last edited by a moderator:
you better believe it, and I'd bet that teams talk about and practice this tactic. Heck a try saved is as good as a try scored and if the TMO cant see it touch the grass it's not a try. The Reds were brilliant at it last season. Any other team that wants to win close games will be working on it too.

Really, i don't believe it at all. When a guy has to sprint over in a last ditch attempt to make a try saving tackle (which is as good as a try scored), hes thinking about making the goddammed tackle, not where the sky sports crew is.

I have never heard of this as a tactic before, honestly i think you have been taking crazy pills.

Hey Little guy- hows it going?

Can't see the link, but I'm assuming its the Seinfeld episode where Kramer and Newman get spat on by ?Hernandez

Really, i don't believe it at all. When a guy has to sprint over in a last ditch attempt to make a try saving tackle (which is as good as a try scored), hes thinking about making the goddammed tackle, not where the sky sports crew is.

I have never heard of this as a tactic before, honestly i think you have been taking crazy pills.

I think he has a case, how many times have we seen the player dive over the line, for the opposition players to fling about every which way around the potential try-scorer, even when they don't know where the ball is or whether there has in fact been a try scored or not. In some matches I've seen players have a quick glimpse at the ref to see if he has given a try, and then deliberately move to a spot to try and obstruct his vision (not necessarily that of camera's.)

Latest posts