• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand v Ireland - Test 3 - 16 July 2022

Just thought that whilst Irish rugby is in this place, it'd be sensible to stay after the WC as well. Loads of depth, as harmonious as a set as you can have. Appreciate Sexton will be done but this team will have 4 years to solve that problem. England job will come will all sorts of off field issues.

Won't challenge your knowledge on this one though as you'll know more about Andy Farrell than me!

See how they do at the WC, I think one WC is enough for teams, look at Eddie.

Irelands central contracts and the amount of control the top job gets must be tempting though. Reckon the IRFU will be keeping a close eye on ROG.

Phenomenal stuff from Ireland - that's a fabulous series win no matter how we dissect NZ and their performance. Huge well done to Andy Farrell.

We need to see Ireland at this level at the RWC- they haven't done that previously but this lot should be much better. Fantastic stuff.

Call me crazy….Would NZ go for Gatland short term to get them organised for the World Cup campaign?

I know he isn't universally loved but a bit of steel and structure might be just the ticket for NZ as they approach RWC

Can't wait for the NZ media to complain about that yellow card when they lose

Star Wars Fun GIF by MOODMAN

Yes, you are crazy

Especially when they've got Schmidt in country already
Do we reckon Schmidt would help with this short of a time frame?

His style and immense attention to detail might just heap the pressure on the players tbh and I don't think he'd have enough time to work with them to get what he wants. Schmidt had a years to coach the backbone of Ireland during his time in Leinster

Do we reckon Schmidt would help with this short of a time frame?

His style and immense attention to detail might just heap the pressure on the players tbh and I don't think he'd have enough time to work with them to get what he wants. Schmidt had a years to coach the backbone of Ireland during his time in Leinster

They're going to be in camp a good but now and the NZ allows similar access to players as Ireland. I'd say he'd at least improve them.

Outstanding. Huge performance. And the character!
I guess i wasn't the only one who thought they'd bottle it at one point. But no, hell no.
Kudos.
Enjoy.

Having said that,
1657966687179.png

Sobering up but people may joke about us peaking early but f me no way. This group is different. Schmidt probably best coach but even he had flaws of being too loyal to lads and it cost him on days like this.
Faz is diffenent. Any lad missing. No excuse next man up. But form matters too. Take POM returning to backrow this series replacing Conan being obvious 1 based on form.
Add JGP over Murray
Hansen in to wing.
Tadhg Beirne was told he was never going to make it as a pro player before.

But this tour has built depth and in every spot bar maybe prop and 10 there is depth and serious depth at that.

Huge credit to all involved. And while Sexton was good this feels sweeter as it wasn't all centred on him.
Really think Aki had a tour of a lifetime and Henshaw was superb. POM and VDF were exceptional and just so many player key roles.
Guys like Coombes and Timoney laid markers and Treadwell went in under radar with all talk on mayne McCarthy or Baird getting serious marker down and Treadwell I think showed he is a super 19

We dropped off the NZ'ers a little after half time but came back hard at them when it counted. Can't argue with the quality of the rugby in the first half either.

Great team performance. Some shift from Sexton in defence. He tackled like a flanker. Tadgh Beirne world player of the year for what he's done over the last two weeks. The counter ruck to blast NZ off their ball was epic.

A lot is made of the coaching for both sides but for me the Irish forwards just had the better skillset. That was the winning of the series.

Too bad Sexton isn't able to last a 3 test series. I reckon if he could any team he is picked for would stand a chance in a SH tour.
In fairness to the man he seemed wrecked. Doubt Leinster will see him much next year though as in less than before just European games maybe which is no bad thing either.

On a side note isn't it madness that the likely top 4 teams in world at end of day will be on same side of draw in RWC

Last edited:

Latest posts