• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Natwest 6 Nations] Round 3 : France vs Italy 23/02/2018 2000hrs UTC/GMT

TMO "Five minutes, Five Minutes." Oh god...there's still 5 more minutes of this shite.

Worsley can **** off as well

Excellent tackle by Italy 7 on Canna

I'm a little concerned that Bastereud has been more of a nuisance at ruck time than England's whole forward pack usually is .......

God the French are so frustrating . Could of won this match so much easier than was made to be . So much , talent yet lack structure and discipline but still a dominant performance and a much needed win a s I called it just a shame the score line could of resembled England / Ireland v Italy if they we just that bit more accurate . Enjoyable match if a comedy of errors at times.

England will smash France they are on a totally different level.
If the French achieve accuracy they will challenge England imo , talented individuals can sometimes cause upsets , agree England are strong favs but the French definitely have an outside chance boy

If there's any Italians on here, I'd be interested to here how the Italian broadcasters frame the current situation. Is there positivity that they scoring some tries at last or doom?

Biggest question from this game is how did Ireland not manage a single line break against this France side?

Seriously, how long must we hear Italy are building? It's getting on to 20 year now, a whole damn generation and they are at exactly the same place now as when they joined. They add NOTHING to the tournament. The odd upset every leap year is not good enough.

Seriously, how long must we hear Italy are building? It's getting on to 20 year now, a whole damn generation and they are at exactly the same place now as when they joined. They add NOTHING to the tournament. The odd upset every leap year is not good enough.
Do they take anything away from it? I'd rather play Italy than have a bye week. The two touted alternatives are Georgia, who've never beaten a 5 nations side, and Romania, who haven't since the 80's. Italy bring us a lot more cash than these two could as well.

Do they take anything away from it? I'd rather play Italy than have a bye week. The two touted alternatives are Georgia, who've never beaten a 5 nations side, and Romania, who haven't since the 80's. Italy bring us a lot more cash than these two could as well.

Thing is it's a short term view or a long term view. If Georgia or Romania joined, it might expand rugby and they could improve. Georgia hosted a very good Junior World Cup. On the other hand, the 6N's would take a short term hit without Italy. Problem is Italy aren't challenging well enough either. There is a gulf between the top 5 European teams and the rest. Italy have had their chance to improve, maybe Georgia deserve a turn.

Italy gain nothing from it, being routinely routed by superior teams does nothing to help a team, all it does is destroy confidence. I'm not proposing we replace Italy, I'm proposing we get rid of them entirely from the tournament. My personal preference is 2 leagues with 4 teams where at least most of the games will be close and there won't be 1 team that are frankly just whipping boys. I mean feel free to correct me and show what Italy have offered besides the odd upset here and there and the largest set of wooden cooking utensils...

Latest posts