• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leinster v Queensland Reds

On a dry field I think the Reds would certainly out-tempo Leinster.
I think you have misread the Leinster pack. They arent a typical AP lumbering bunch of 8. They are seriously mobile, good ball handlers and consist of 3 or 4 consistently effective line breakers. Thats what ripped the Saints apart in the end. Not saying they would be superior to the Reds, but they wouldnt be run off the pitch. Thats the kind of game they like to play themselves.

Havent a clue who would win but its a game I'd love to see. I'd be reasonably confident as a Leinster fan if the game was played around March/April in the Aviva :) I'd expect Leinster pack to dominate, giving the pack runners all day to charge at Cooper but how the hell is anyone meant to cope with Genia and Cooper when they do get the ball?

Big factor for me would be the Leinster bench and the sheer number of ball carriers in the pack. Then again .........

I say Leinster, in HC final mood, would win any club match and even beat the majority of international sides. Reds are still a quality side, but with the determination and fitness Leinster showed in that second half, they would be beat. Not by a lot, but Leinster should win all the same.

Crusaders. I don't buy all this "this year we didn't win" hoax.

what do the reds else need to do ? all year people have said they cant do this and well their not good enough for this team. mate the reds are the best club team in the world

Both teams would win at home but on a neutral ground well it depends on performance but i'd go for leinster

I think if we ever do see an official match of HC versus SR winners, it will be held in...

Dubai

Its where the moneys at, and I think I can see one team coping with the heat just a little better than the other.

Maybe they could play in Qatar? Test all them new air conditioned stadiums

As others have said, I think both teams would win at home, and at a 'neutral venue', it would still be about location, location, location.

Brian o'driscoll would destroy Anthony Faingaa and the leinster scrum would rip the reds apart stopping the reds backs from getting the ball.
personally i think the crusaders would pose more of a threat to leinster then the reds IMO toulouse and leicester would beat the reds aswell.

leinsters pack would maul the reds pack, but then again the reds probably have the edge in the backs

leinsters pack would maul the reds pack, but then again the reds probably have the edge in the backs

Think Olyy might have made this point in passing but the Reds pack survived an onslaught from the crusaders pack, they struggled at times but they still won the game. They weren't overwhelmed by them, and the Crusaders pack is every bit as hefty as Leinsters. Probably more so.

On the flip side, any team with a competent fullback instead of Tom Marshall would probably wouldn't have conceded either of those tries in the final.

Is the first 55 seconds the bit where it shows him scrummaging?!

No for some reason it's him walkng around with his hands on his heads.

Strange thing here is people seem to be playing to hemisphere stereotypes. Saying Leinster have a miles tougher pack and sub par backs to the Reds and vice-versa. BULLSHIT. Reds packs toughening up is one of the reasons they won and Leinster's backline is sublime while apart from the halfbacks and Ioane the Reds have a good but not exactly star-studded backline. Apart from the three main ones if anyone gets injurd it doesn't matter too much as they always have a similar replacement. However Tapuai has really impressed me. It would be extremly tight.

Also shame on you. Suggesting Healy is a poor mans Sheridan. It seems reputations are nigh on impossible to shear. This year he has lived with (at the very least) Castro, Marconnet, Zirakashvili, BJ Botha, (in the 2nd half) Mujati and destroyed your very own Dan Cole.

Like I said: Poor mans Sheridan
Holds his own against most, takes people apart on very rare occasion
He's a bit faster in open play, but not as strong

So they are the same but Healy is faster and Sheridan is stronger. So they are equal.

What more do you want from him? He's a loosehead who's good in the scrum and excellent in the loose. Sounds like he fits the job desciption. Sheridan does **** all in the loose. Also something many don't seem to realise he's key to Ireland's defensive plan.

The way they are talking about him he sounds a lot like Gethin Jenkins :lol:

But to be fair Healy is a good young prop with a lot of talent.

Latest posts