• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Italy v Ireland

Can hardly blame O'Gara for that Olyy. I believe had Sexton been on pitch exact same incidents wouldve happened the try and drop goal. It's like in the papers I laugh at some ratings ROG getting these 7&8s for drop goal yet if he missed it it'd be 1&2.
Earls and McFadden getting low ratings when Earls did well for try and McGadden did ok like it not their fault that there was **** inside them

To put it perfectly:

http://www.planetrugby.co.uk/story/0,25883,16016_6734630,00.html

One who certainly was delusional this weekend was Ronan O'Gara. The Munster fly-half has cut a more and more frustrated figure over the past two seasons, as his place in the Ireland team has been gradually, almost painfully slowly, handed over to Jonathan Sexton.

This process has clearly not gone down well chez Ronan, who uttered the following after he dropped a late goal to seal Ireland's win in Italy: "...someone like Jonny comes in and he's really good but to continue the analogy, when the ship hits choppy waters you bring someone in. Jonny played well, but I got backed to come on and try to win the game."

OK Ronan, it was all you. Yours was the magic touch, yours was the direction, yours was the miracle moment and necessary touch of genius...

But lest you forget, when you actually came on, Ireland were already winning. In fact, while Jonny was on the park, Ireland led 10-6, but for the time after you came on, Ireland lost 5-3. Is Jonny really as inexperienced as you say or are you clutching at straws as your own ship hits those choppy waters you refer to?

Spot on.

Interesting fact about O'Gara winning that match:
Ireland actually lost the part of the match he was on the pitch 5 - 3

And the might have lost 5 - 0 if he wasn't...

Dissapointed by the Irish mistakes, Impressed by the Italian performance, mystified by Mr Poites refereeing of the scrum.

Perugini spent the opening scrums boring in and driving up. He didnt even look at it. Yet when the pressure came through on Healy's side he penalised Healy immediately when the scrum folded. The real indicator for me was when the Italians failed to get a shove on, and Ross locked the scrum down, the Italians could bring the scrum down with impunity and get another chance to do it again. It was pretty obvious who was bringing it down but he refused to even look at the regular side of the scrum.

As a ref, he makes his mind up about which scrum is on top and regardless of what happens he will referee it it to ensure they remain on top for the majority of the game. Its not good enough.

And won the Lions series 2-1 if he hasn't come on either.

Tis true, but dont remind me of it again!

Oh, how I love thee, Ronan O'Gara. Seeing as SA and Ireland will probably meet in the RWC I hope ROG is still around by that time. Is there anyone else in with a shoot for the Irish 10 jersey except for Sexton and ROG?

Oh, how I love thee, Ronan O'Gara. Seeing as SA and Ireland will probably meet in the RWC I hope ROG is still around by that time. Is there anyone else in with a shoot for the Irish 10 jersey except for Sexton and ROG?
Donnacha O'Callaghan, Tomos O'Leary or John Hayes (in that order). Outside of these guys, no one is in with a chance.

I recall the same Ronan O'Gara scoring all of Irelands points and running in a lovely try against south africa a few years back....

On a related/serious note, who is next in line for flyhalf for Ireland?
What if Sexton and O'Gara both get injured?
I presume Paddy Wallace would be used at the bench spot if one of them goes, but if both?
iHumph? Keatley?
Would've thought Ireland would use the 6N to try out a new 10 at some point, as they'd be using fairly untested (I think Keatley has a cap or two? Not sure about Humphreys)
If I were Kidney I would've used O'Gara very little during this 6N, as he has nothing to prove/Kidney knows what he can do and Ireland will be in the deep doo-doo if Sexton gets crocked before the WC

keatly has two caps during lions tour we went to n.america one game canada one game usa
ihumph only a and sevens caps not sure out of those two i would throw in ihumph has been on great form recently

The flyhalf pecking order (based on Ireland, Wolfhounds and provincial selection) seems to be:
1. Sexton
2. O'Gara
3. Wallace
4. Humphreys
5. O'Connor
6. Keatley

i would gladly hire a hitman to take out o'connor if he was going to get a cap

And won the Lions series 2-1 if he hasn't come on either.
You miss the point - deliberately, repeatedly - ROG wanted to win the series, you wanted them to draw.

I hope Mr Flood has to step up at the last minute to decide the GS in the last minute against Ireland in a few weeks time.

You miss the point - deliberately, repeatedly - ROG wanted to win the series, you wanted them to draw.

Falling off and pussyfooting out of tackles is the way to win test matches.

Oh, wait.

Latest posts