Club or Nation
Barbarians
Ireland.png
Versus%20Eccellenza.png
France.png

Venue: Aviva Stadium
Date: Sunday 13th February 2011
Kick Off: 3:00pm GMT​

France played excellently last week. Therefore it should be a win comfortable for our lot. Logic of the French national rugby team.

Last edited:
i think ireland will win if B.O.D and the boys can exploite then weak french defence.

i think ireland will win if B.O.D and the boys can exploite then weak french defence.

Well yeah, that's like saying Ireland will win if they score more points than the French. Apt, but obvious.

It will be a great game, solid both side
French XV, it should be:
Poitrenaud - Clerc, Rougerie, Jauzion(mermoz is injured for the rest of tournament), Medard - Trinh Duc(o), Parra(m) - Harrinordoquy, Bonnaire, Dusautoir - Nallet, Pierre - Mas, Servat Domingo
Guirado, Ducalcon, Thion, Chabal, Yachvili, Traille, Huget

Ireland with O'Leary = France win by 10 points
Ireland without O'Leary = Ireland win by 10 points
Simples:lol:

we should be screwed
but then again if some injuries come back and france having the consistency of well france you never know we could sneak it

France to win it after a hard fight.
Should be a good game.

if the irish backs play well ireland wel win if they play donkey ****(eg.vs italy) ireland lose by 10+

If we balance our backrow and if we stop dropping the fuppin ball we'll give France a good game. Looking back on the Italy game, Ireland actually played some nice rugby and really should have scored 3 or 4 more tries if our passes had just stuck. We were our own worst enemy in that game. Also Reddan in, O'Leary out.

France by 15+ if we have none of Heaslip, Ferris or Bowe and O'Leary starts

France by 1-5 if we have one of Heaslip or Ferris, but not Bowe and Reddan starts

Ireland by 1-5 if we have one of Heaslip or Ferris, we have Bowe and Stringer starts

Ireland by 15+ if we have Heaslip, Ferris and Bowe and Stringer starts

As much as I hate to say it I really struggle to see Ireland winning this one. That being said, the Irish will certainly have my support.

I've been thinking about the backrow a bit today. The frightening thing is that I think that George Hook may have been completely right in his assessment last night. We had far too many ball carriers on against Italy. A poor move when you consider Italy are a boshing team themselves.

Against France we're going to need alot more balance. Both Leamy and Wallace should be dropped. Not up to it. Hopefully one of Heaslip and Ferris will be fit. If it's Ferris, keep O'Brien at 8. If it's Heaslip, O'Brien to 6. Jennings must start. We need a proper 7 and it would great to see his Leinster form rewarded. If neither of them make it, keep Wally I guess.

Reddan should start. With Sexyton at 10 we don't need his bulk in defense and his running game doesn't offer enough to justify how poor his service is. If he's in the 22 Deccie should take a lot of flak.

I want to see Cronin and Cullen involved too. Best didn't do enough to oust Cronin imo and Cullen really should have had a shot by now. He's playing bloody sensationally! Come on!! Lesser concers than the ones above though.

Lukey did enough to justify his place at fifteen. I'm happy to have him there next week.

My ideal team:

15) Fitzgerald
14) Bowe
13) O'Driscoll
12) Wallace
11) Earls
10) Sexton
9) Reddan
8) Heaslip
7) Jennings
6) O'Brien
5) Cullen
4) O'Callaghan
3) Ross
2) Cronin
1) Court

16) Best
17) Healy
18) O'Connell
19) Ferris
20) Stringer
21) O'Gara
22) McFadden

Imagine being able to throw the likes of Paulie, Healy and Ferris at the French with 25 minutes left. That's proper physicality to be able to unleash.

I've been thinking about the backrow a bit today. The frightening thing is that I think that George Hook may have been completely right in his assessment last night. We had far too many ball carriers on against Italy. A poor move when you consider Italy are a boshing team themselves.

Against France we're going to need alot more balance. Both Leamy and Wallace should be dropped. Not up to it. Hopefully one of Heaslip and Ferris will be fit. If it's Ferris, keep O'Brien at 8. If it's Heaslip, O'Brien to 6. Jennings must start. We need a proper 7 and it would great to see his Leinster form rewarded. If neither of them make it, keep Wally I guess.

Reddan should start. With Sexyton at 10 we don't need his bulk in defense and his running game doesn't offer enough to justify how poor his service is. If he's in the 22 Deccie should take a lot of flak.

I want to see Cronin and Cullen involved too. Best didn't do enough to oust Cronin imo and Cullen really should have had a shot by now. He's playing bloody sensationally! Come on!! Lesser concers than the ones above though.

Lukey did enough to justify his place at fifteen. I'm happy to have him there next week.

My ideal team:

15) Fitzgerald
14) Bowe
13) O'Driscoll
12) Wallace
11) Earls
10) Sexton
9) Reddan
8) Heaslip
7) Jennings
6) O'Brien
5) Cullen
4) O'Callaghan
3) Ross
2) Cronin
1) Court

16) Best
17) Healy
18) O'Connell
19) Ferris
20) Stringer
21) O'Gara
22) McFadden

Imagine being able to throw the likes of Paulie, Healy and Ferris at the French with 25 minutes left. That's proper physicality to be able to unleash.
no ferris !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ur fuppin mad

O'Brien is on better form, plays with Jenno and Heaslip on a weekly basis, therefore leading to more understanding between them as a unit and, finally, isn't made of glass. It's a tough call, but you gotta go with the Tullow Tank at the moment.

When Sean O'Brien starts turning in world class performances at this level, I'd start him ahead of Ferris. He hasn't yet and I reckon Ferris is one of Ireland's few world class players.

(Un)Happily, I believe the most recent buzz on the bbc is that none of the casualty list will be back for this game.

This said, I've long thought Ireland's back-row balance looks iffy at times but a) I don't think Shane Jennings is the answer, he's just too slow and b) Heaslip back gives you a link man. They'll share the breakdown work. No ball hog, but I don't think Jennings is at that level either.

Tbh, I think there's been a wee bit too much hysteria. The forwards won enough ball for Ireland's backs to have a real stab at it. If it wasn't for D'arcy and O'Driscoll running "can't pass, won't catch", you'd have won comfortably.

At 7 jennings or ronan are best bet to balance out the backrow :/ Ronan not up to 6N standard but he is quick around the field and "a traditional" openside

but ronan is poo
if we have to have jennings then go on

Latest posts