• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IRB Player of the year 2012

Grand F*****g Slam

That makes it a good year, the emergence of World Class players too. And any time we get to beat England, we're getting plenty of practice at it in the last few years, is a great thing.

I struggle to think of any world class players that emerged from Wales this year. Most were already fairly established this time last season.

Ok, I probably should have said the cementing rather than emerging. Proving they weren't a flash in the that pan like others before

Ok, I probably should have said the cementing rather than emerging. Proving they weren't a flash in the that pan like others before

Ah righty, I thought it was something along those lines. I thought you were going to put Cuthbert forward as a world class player, which would of earned you a smack.

Don't blow it out of proportion. Wales have had a reasonable year, but nothing amazing. A lucky win against a poor Ireland side, a last minute win against a very inexperienced England and three losses in Australia are not the hallmarks of a fantastic season. It was a good year, but by no mean brilliant. If you think it was then it says a lot about the ambitions of the Welsh rugby following public.
1. 'poor' side comments boil my ****ing blood. You could say that about any team that ever wins any game. Harlequins won the AP last year, but it was a poor Leicester side... West Indies won the T20 final tonight, but it was a poor Sri Lanka side. Suck my ****ing dick. And it wasn't lucky either pal, trust me, I was there.
2. England won the World Cup in the last minute too in 2003, shall we write that one off and all?

What a load of ****ing ****.

Are you being deliberately obtuse? Of course I'm not.

Are you being deliberately obtuse? Of course I'm not.

The way you said it seemed to imply that you were. Anyway we drift off topic. All I was saying was that some people round here seem to think that Wales are deserving of 2 or 3 nominations for player of the year (Lydiate, North and Halfpenny have all been mentioned) despite being white washed in Australia and not being outstanding, as in head and shoulders above everyone else, in the 6 nations. When I suggested an English player who has had a very good year I get laughed at. You guys clearly either have a very high opinion of yourselves or are too anti-English to even consider one of our guys having a better year than your guys.

Well played...
Plez is my new word...I love it.

No idea where my infatuation with the word came from but it sounds so delishiously awkward when used in social situations

The way you said it seemed to imply that you were. Anyway we drift off topic. All I was saying was that some people round here seem to think that Wales are deserving of 2 or 3 nominations for player of the year (Lydiate, North and Halfpenny have all been mentioned) despite being white washed in Australia and not being outstanding, as in head and shoulders above everyone else, in the 6 nations. When I suggested an English player who has had a very good year I get laughed at. You guys clearly either have a very high opinion of yourselves or are too anti-English to even consider one of our guys having a better year than your guys.

Of Course we are anti-english... Every non-english member here are. live with it or sod off!!

Anyway, No english player should deserve a mention for this year's IRB POTY. Nobody deserves a mention purely out of the 3 tests they played vs South Africa.

There is only one choice for the period of the RWC to the end of the Rugby Championship and. loathe as I am to say it, it is one Richie McCaw!

what about FLouw :? but i'm sure Read will get it...

Latest posts