• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IRB Player of the year 2012

So what!? Its not just about tries. The award isn't for most tries in a calendar year. If it were, then over the same period;

Corey Jane - 8 tries in 14 matches
Israel Dagg - 9 tries in 14 matches

8/14 and 9/14 is a much lower success rate than 7/8 percentage wise. So that might count against them. Although I think Dagg is the front runner for Player of the year. Nobody from the NH has impressed me at all this year, and the tours to the SH was proof of that.

8/14 and 9/14 is a much lower success rate than 7/8 percentage wise. So that might count against them. Although I think Dagg is the front runner for Player of the year. Nobody from the NH has impressed me at all this year, and the tours to the SH was proof of that.

In that case give it to Julian Savea who is 6/5 :p

Brian got a cracking try last night. The evidence is mounting folks.

Morgan Stoddart is 5/8 for tries.
5/7 if we exclude his injury v England.

Why select a First-Tier player? How about Mamuka Gorgodze. Whenever he plays with Georgia (which is to say: not when they tour North America), they win.

Why select a First-Tier player? How about Mamuka Gorgodze. Whenever he plays with Georgia (which is to say: not when they tour North America), they win.

No. He's only bothered to turn up for a couple of matches this year for Georgia. And shunned the national side in June to play for the Barbarians instead, even though he is the best ever Georgian player and talisman of the side who the team owes a lot to, this annoyed some fans.

Ok then.

Hey everyone, stop mentioning Wales players. Ignore the year we have had and pretend they dont exist. The suggestions arent going down well with a a fairly obvious baised England and St Albans...no thats not right....Durba.....no thats wrong too...oh, wherever- fan

Ok then.

Hey everyone, stop mentioning Wales players. Ignore the year we have had and pretend they dont exist. The suggestions arent going down well with a a fairly obvious baised England and St Albans...no thats not right....Durba.....no thats wrong too...oh, wherever- fan

Don't blow it out of proportion. Wales have had a reasonable year, but nothing amazing. A lucky win against a poor Ireland side, a last minute win against a very inexperienced England and three losses in Australia are not the hallmarks of a fantastic season. It was a good year, but by no mean brilliant. If you think it was then it says a lot about the ambitions of the Welsh rugby following public.

Grand F*****g Slam

That makes it a good year, the emergence of World Class players too. And any time we get to beat England, we're getting plenty of practice at it in the last few years, is a great thing.