• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Investec Champions Cup 23/24 - Rd 4

Make it up as we go along to favour Irish sides.
Like yesterday was 100% a red card and we're talking about stamps and kicks to the head so I don't think it's as clear cut as being made out here. I'm not sure on this one though because of how innocuous it looked in real time.

Honestly can't Kayser be paid as some kind of pundit coach, one of the few capable of commentry without being a tosser.

My first impression was that it was unfortunate. I think reckless play has too broad a bracket and we do have to take intent into account. I can see the view that he looks down then drives the knee, but

A. I don't think he necessarily sees him and
B. It's hardly an unnatural position.

Ultimately I feel rotten for Ahern who is one of the form players in the country and is now facing a decent layoff I'd imagine. Hugely controversia from the ref decision that doesn't really sit right with me

Like yesterday was 100% a red card and we're talking about stamps and kicks to the head so I don't think it's as clear cut as being made out here. I'm not sure on this one though because of how innocuous it looked in real time.
Agreed on yesterdays, todays though not sure what he could have done differently to avoid that, it's a contact sport some times there are rugby incidence.

Pretty much where I'm at. Don't know enough to say either way. Shame, think Saints would have won 15 on 15.
I think the terrible commentary calling for it and showing absolutely no sympathy and utter bias makes it even more sour, surely they could at-least pretend to be slightly impartial at times.

I think the terrible commentary calling for it and showing absolutely no sympathy and utter bias makes it even more sour, surely they could at-least pretend to be slightly impartial at times.
Fair. Shocking comms today so far apart from Ferris wanting to kill every Ulster player. DOC is a head wrecker, Munster Heaslip.

My first impression was that it was unfortunate. I think reckless play has too broad a bracket and we do have to take intent into account. I can see the view that he looks down then drives the knee, but

A. I don't think he necessarily sees him and
B. It's hardly an unnatural position.

Ultimately I feel rotten for Ahern who is one of the form players in the country and is now facing a decent layoff I'd imagine. Hugely controversia from the ref decision that doesn't really sit right with me
I think focusing on slowmo replays makes it look way worse,
I can understand their use when deciding points of contact etc but not when judging decision making/intent

I find Irish commentary is pretty consistently awful as it's some of the most shamelessly partisan you get.

I find Irish commentary is pretty consistently awful as it's some of the most shamelessly partisan you get.
Goode and Healey are very biased when it's an English club in Europe. I find Ferris and BOD are generally fair. Quinlan, Darcy and DOC not so much.

That was a great DG.

Latest posts