• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

I have the game! ppl

Shane...how is the penalty rules in the game?
i.e Offside, playing the ball on the ground, crossing???

Originally posted by Springbok@Mar 9 2005, 02:08 AM
Shane...how is the penalty rules in the game?
i.e Offside, playing the ball on the ground, crossing???
can u explain exactly wat ya wanna know? plz

Originally posted by jimmy44@Mar 9 2005, 02:09 AM
Shane sorry one more thing, do you use the 'trick' thats been mentioned before? what are your views on it? Can you still use it on hard difficulty or is ther AI too good?

Cheers
which trick m8?

In rugby 2004 if you wanted to play the ball fast from a ruck...the computer would just tackle your Scrumhalf from an offside poss...does this still happen?

Can you perform a hightackle and get send off?
Have you seen anyone send off before and why has the player been send off?

shane im soz m8 but im pressing l2 and the x square or o and well it just kicks it like.

Originally posted by loratadine@Mar 9 2005, 02:17 AM
shane im soz m8 but im pressing l2 and the x square or o and well it just kicks it like.
try l1 either! the buttons may b different!

its def 1 of the shoulder buttons plus one of those 4

Originally posted by Springbok@Mar 9 2005, 02:17 AM
In rugby 2004 if you wanted to play the ball fast from a ruck...the computer would just tackle your Scrumhalf from an offside poss...does this still happen?

Can you perform a hightackle and get send off?
Have you seen anyone send off before and why has the player been send off?
no to the first question!

ive never seen a high tackle+never seen a player sent off!

only when injuries had occured!

Hello shaneward2005, I'm french and Thank you for the compoistion of french teams
<

Have you screenshots of french teams and national french team?, Thank you
<

Originally posted by Pau64@Mar 9 2005, 02:22 AM
Hello shaneward2005, I'm french and Thank you for the compoistion of french teams
<

Have you screenshots of french teams and national french team?, Thank you
<
will do some more soon!

Originally posted by jimmy44+Mar 9 2005, 02:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jimmy44 @ Mar 9 2005, 02:31 AM)</div>
Originally posted by shaneward2005@Mar 9 2005, 02:13 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-jimmy44
@Mar 9 2005, 02:09 AM
Shane sorry one more thing, do you use the 'trick' thats been mentioned before? what are your views on it? Can you still use it on hard difficulty or is ther AI too good?

Cheers

which trick m8?
The running diagonol thinggy that is talked about in the 'defence difficulty' thread.

<
[/b]
ah the sidestep! i dont really play on hard! but it works on medium and i use it often!

Originally posted by shaneward2005@Mar 8 2005, 01:34 PM
heres the gameplay video! hope yous enjoy!
if ur 50/50 wether to buy or not! this video is a good advertisement in favour

http://s2.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3PH56LDKHU9CY1EK0QNJZOQKCF
To be honest, thats probably the poorest advert for the game I've seen!

The pass back to the halfway line was "energetic" to say the least, and why were the entire England team taking a kip under the posts for a penalty? Last time I saw the rules, you could stand anywhere on the pitch as long as it was at least 10m downfield from the kicker.

Still, at least you were able to play on after the kick missed, unlike the last version!

Arrrghhhhhh!!
Let some of us get, and play the sodding game before everyone tells us how easy it is to score - especially by entering into a very busy thread with comments along the lines of "for those of you who deliberately avoided the thread marked *spoiler*, here's what I said in it" !!!

Shane, any chance of an in-game screenshot of Gavin Henson?

Maybe one close up and another from a distance which shows his boots.

I'm hoping he's wearing silver or gold boots ya see!
<
I doubt it though.
<

Originally posted by loratadine@Mar 9 2005, 01:37 AM
ok i need help. I have the demo for the ps2,and well i cant really do any tricks,like hand off,side step,fend, does anyone know how to do it.
With the PS2, those actions are with the right analogue stick.

Pending on which way you are facing, if you push it towards your opponent -- you'll do something (either shoulder charge/fend/handoff); if you press towards the touchlines -- you'll sidestep; if you press away from your opponent -- you'll do the opposite of the something you did towards your opponent.

Originally posted by jimmy44@Mar 9 2005, 04:46 AM
Sorry shane I'm not explaining myself very well - I'm talkiing about the trick that is talked about in the thread called 'defence and difficulty'...spoiler ( I started it!)
But you know the thread has SPOILER written on it now -- so why the f*** do you explain the goddamn thing in here?

I have the Game now, and what can i say, its everything that I have imagined it would be, what a game well worth the wait... I would give it 9.5 out of 10

What format did you get it on? and are you going to twickenham on april the 16th??

I pre-ordered it on play.com the other night, do you think it will arrive on the UK release date now?