• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Game of Thrones

well i just recently read out this...it is really awesome...
I'm excited to read out all its episodes....

I'm stuck somewhere in the middle of feast for crows been finding it well not that great.

You thought you had to wait a long time to read those books, Imagine waiting 20 years or so (which is longer than I've been alive for) and the last book is released in November this year! (I'm on about wheel of time by the way)

You thought you had to wait a long time to read those books, Imagine waiting 20 years or so (which is longer than I've been alive for) and the last book is released in November this year! (I'm on about wheel of time by the way)
AND the author's been dead four years!! That ****'s messed up!

On the other hand, I'm going to be so ridiculously happy when the last book turns up and I find out how it all ends. THAT **** IS GOING TO MAKE MY YEAR.

However, I've learnt my lesson from Jordan when it comes to Martin. I'm not going to bother keeping up to date with every tiny detail as he slowly sorts through the sordid mass of bloat. I shall wait until I have it all, or nearly all, and then read it all again. Except that with Jordan it's the endless bloody dress and hair pulling fetish that gets me down, while with Martin I honestly can't cope with all that misery. If I wanted to read about non-stop misery, I'd read a 16 year old's diary.

currently on book four of WOT. I've brought the Game of thrones books just can't decide whether to watch them first and read after or just press ahead and read them ASAP. Any thoughts?

Just read them.

A Feast For Crows is by far and away the poorest of the series, mainly because it's missing the best characters in the book. The newest one is better, but considering it's size not all that much happens in terms of plot progression.

Yea i miss reading form Jon, Tyrion and Arya's perspectives not liking all this "The Drowned Man" stuff i frankly don't care about these people.

currently on book four of WOT. I've brought the Game of thrones books just can't decide whether to watch them first and read after or just press ahead and read them ASAP. Any thoughts?

I'd read and then watch after.

Yea i miss reading form Jon, Tyrion and Arya's perspectives not liking all this "The Drowned Man" stuff i frankly don't care about these people.

I quite like the Iron island story arc, it's a lot more interesting in my opinion than the Daenerys one. I don't know what Martin was thinking trying to write a book without either Jon Snow or Tyrion in it. Snow's arc is the most interesting and Tyrion is by far and away his best character. No Davos or Bran either.

Here's my list of POV characters in order of badassery:

Tyrion
The Onion Knight
Jon Snow
Barristan
Bran
Jamie
Theon
Asha
Victarion
Arya

I think that's all the decent ones.

Last edited:
Watched every episode back to back to back to- you get the picture :Blinky:

Absolutely love the series, had a sneaking feeling Sean Bean was going to get it but still really wished he hadn't...

Anyone else hear read Malazan Book of the Fallen? Hard series to get into but it's bloody fantastic and along the same lines of A Song of Ice and Fire.

Currently debating whether to wait until April or just read Book 2....

BLOODY HELL, THAT SMILEY IS 5X BIGGER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE

Anyone else hear read Malazan Book of the Fallen? Hard series to get into but it's bloody fantastic and along the same lines of A Song of Ice and Fire.
My housemate has got all of Erikson's books and he says they are by far and away the best fantasy novels he's read; and trust me he's read a lot!

I quite like the Iron island story arc, it's a lot more interesting in my opinion than the Daenerys one. I don't know what Martin was thinking trying to write a book without either Jon Snow or Tyrion in it. Snow's arc is the most interesting and Tyrion is by far and away his best character. No Davos or Bran either.

Here's my list of POV characters in order of badassery:

Tyrion
The Onion Knight
Jon Snow
Barristan
Bran
Jamie
Theon
Asha
Victarion
Arya

I think that's all the decent ones.
I think Jamie is my personnel favourite.
The coveted award for most irritating character is a toss up between Dany and Cersei. Dany's storyline is rambling and the very definition of too much detail (you know which bits I mean). I know youre supposed to dislike Cersei but must she always be so idiotic.
Bran's storyline got a bit dull for me as well but at least he has the mighty HODOR!!

I think Jamie is my personnel favourite.
The coveted award for most irritating character is a toss up between Dany and Cersei. Dany's storyline is rambling and the very definition of too much detail (you know which bits I mean). I know youre supposed to dislike Cersei but must she always be so idiotic.
Bran's storyline got a bit dull for me as well but at least he has the mighty HODOR!!

Your feelings about Bran mirror mine on Arya. I have no idea where he's going with it and it seems just drag on at the moment.

I always like to have a theory on what's going to happen next. My bet at the moment is that Robert's ******** are going to have a pretty big role sooner or later. Otherwise I don't see why he needs to keep bringing up Gendry, Mya Stone and that other one Davos got rid of.

Oh, I hate Catelyn as well, bloody moanbag.

My housemate has got all of Erikson's books and he says they are by far and away the best fantasy novels he's read; and trust me he's read a lot!

Absolutely agree- and this coming from a boy who read all the Lord of the Rings before he was 10 :p

Listening to A Song of Ice and Fire in audio at the moment- not enough room for the books as it is!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qzVSchaagNg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
It's so close!

It's going to be too awesome.

*Spoiler Alert!*

I'm really looking forward to this season. It was probably my favourite book of the lot, mainly due to Tyrion kicking ass down in King's Landing. From what I've seen of Stannis, they've done a bang up job. The scenes North of the wall look immense, really, really beautifully shot. I hope they don't spend too much time talking about Dany off in Quarth, bores the hell out of me.

I've not finished the series yet, so I'm holding out hope that they:
a) Invent the steam roller
b) Run Rickon over with a steam roller.

Latest posts