• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Forum goes to transition page after each post

Check through the various questions I've posted and reply back, I apologise if you have to repeat any information you have posted already (I spotted Firefox). Also please always confirm which error you are referring to - I assume in your case it's the transition page not double post?

If you are encountering double post or transition page issues:

1. What browser are you using?
2. What device, a desktop, tablet or mobile?
3. Is it happening on Quick Reply or "Go Advanced", or both?
4. Which sub-forums does it happen on or happen most often on? Or maybe some forums it doesn't happen on?
5. Do you spot any error message, maybe at the top in black?, if so try and copy it or roughly tell me what it said.

If people could reply back point by point, that'd be grand. Troubleshooting is a hard business and it's a team effort :)

1) Chrome
2) Swanky laptop, Windows 8 if it makes any odds (although why I couldn't imagine)
3) Both as far as I can tell.
4) As far as I can remember it happens on all boards for me.
5) Yes, there's a black string of writing, lemme post this and I'll edit it in.

EDIT: Ask and you shall receive:

Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../newreply.php on line 389

Last edited:
I should add - please state which error you are referring to - with you it's just the transition thing right? Not the double post?

Just to clarify, are you referring to double post or the "transition page"?

In that post it was the double post issue.

Transition page happens to me every single time I post on the forum in every section in every browser and mode. I only post on the forum on desktop.

1) Chrome
2) Swanky laptop, Windows 8 if it makes any odds (although why I couldn't imagine)

Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../newreply.php on line 389

All the same circumstances. Only difference is my laptop is on Windows 7

1) Chrome

All the same circumstances. Only difference is my laptop is on Windows 7

Last edited by a moderator:
Iain I thought your main issue was double posting rather than the other issue, please clarify - it's like getting blood from a stone at the mo. This thread is turning in to a mess tbh, if replies can be limited to just answering the questions and stating whether its 1) the transition page issue or 2) double posting you're encountering - they are not related and so far double posting seems limited to Iain AFAIK.

Last edited:
The forum transition - every single time I post

Consider this me re-clarifying it. Both issues are effecting me.

Its nothing to do with me at my end. Ive checked all the settings and deleted browser history including cache, cookies etc and used 2 different browsers.

@Iain: Ok thanks - but you can't ever say for 100% it's not something at your end, double posting issues can be for a wide variety of reasons and we have to work through the steps. Have you noticed whether browsing the site has been any slower for you lately? Do you get any issues with pages not loading or half loading when browsing?

In terms of *just the double posting*, has anyone else reading this thread experienced this lately?

You can ignore(heck even delete) my prior posts to this as I will sum up my issues.

Transition page

Every single post I make on TRF, in any thread, sub forum, in all modes and all browsers.

Double post

Occasionally, will try to note the sections as they happen and post in our mod forum, just happened to me in the International tests section when I went to post the Canadian lineup though. I'd say it happens in about 4-5% of my posts over the last couple of weeks.

My Settings

1) Usually IE, (but issues have appeared similarly in other browsers that I rarely use)
2) Desktop
3) Answered above on the specific issues
4) All sub forums and possible threads.
5) My windows alerts me "Do you wish to leave the page." after I post on both issues, but double post occurs randomly without any further message error.

Cheers LG, that's exactly what I need :)

On double post: Is your experience just on replies via the quick reply window?

Cheers LG, that's exactly what I need :)

On double post: Is your experience just on replies via the quick reply window?

I beleive so, but will have to check over the next few days to totally confirm, I know 100% I haven't had a double post when I started threads though.

Anyone on the forum this morning (GMT time) will have noticed we were closed for a while. I've implemented some changes to the code which seem, for me at least, to have got rid of the transition pages.

Regarding double posting - if this happens again please start a fresh new thread, thanks.

Anyone on the forum this morning (GMT time) will have noticed we were closed for a while. I've implemented some changes to the code which seem, for me at least, to have got rid of the transition pages.

Regarding double posting - if this happens again please start a fresh new thread, thanks.

Thanx TRF_Fullback. I see there's no more problems when using google chrome and posting.

OK, I don't mean this as controversy, I really don't. But whoever solved this issue, I'd like to give you the equivalent of a heterosexual BJ, in the virtual world that is, to express my gratitude.

After all these months of forum-y oppression, our people and the world are now finally free from tyranny and the unjust fascism of the transition-page-after-every-single-post reign !! GOD BLESS YOU, NOBLE SERVANT OF THE PUBLIC !!! An unspoken legend of TRF.

(oh...actually it turns out it's TRF_Fullback...)
thank you, sir.

Latest posts