• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football Thread

But it's not about Liverpool. But the integrity of VAR as a system and its proper use. You're the one who has missed the point.

Personally I did not complain about those other incidents.
What do you mean it's not about Liverpool it's about the integrity of VAR it's Liverpool making it about the integrity of VAR when they should just accept it and move on like any other club would do.

What do you mean exactly when you say "the integrity of VAR" do you mean, they made a mistake?

Although VAR is not perfect I still think it's a step in the right direction. It's the lack of competence and consistency from the people operating it that is the problem. It's a bit like saying the Government are a waste of time. It's not the concept of Government but the muppets running it. I'm sure we'd be calling to bring back VAR if it was suddenly removed because the likes of Sky and BT would have the technology that would highlight even more human errors.

What do you mean it's not about Liverpool it's about the integrity of VAR it's Liverpool making it about the integrity of VAR when they should just accept it and move on like any other club would do.

What do you mean exactly when you say "the integrity of VAR" do you mean, they made a mistake?
Enough is enough.

PGMOL's VAR apologies listed

Tottenham 2-1 Liverpool, September 30 2023

Luis Diaz has a goal ruled out for Liverpool after being incorrectly ruled offside, with VAR Darren England failing to intervene.

Man Utd 1-0 Wolves, August 14 2023

Andre Onana recklessly challenged Sasa Kalajdzic inside the Manchester United box but VAR Jonathan Moss failed to instruct on-pitch referee Simon Hooper to check the pitchside monitor for a penalty.

Tottenham 2-1 Brighton, April 8 2023

Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg appeared to foul Kaoru Mitoma in the Tottenham box but referee Stuart Attwell declined to award a penalty and VAR Michael Salisbury supported the decision.

Everton 0-1 Man City, February 26 2023

Referee Paul Tierney and VAR Chris Kavanagh missed a handball from Manchester City midfielder Rodri, failing to award Everton a penalty.

Arsenal 1-1 Brentford, February 11 2023

Ivan Toney's offside equaliser was allowed to stand despite a VAR review overseen by Lee Mason, who failed to spot Christian Norgaard standing in an offside position.

Crystal Palace 1-1 Brighton, February 11 2023

VAR John Brooks drew an offside line in the wrong place, denying Brighton's Pervis Estupinan the opening goal at Selhurst Park as a legitimate goal was ruled out.

Brighton 2-1 Liverpool, January 29 2023

Liverpool's Fabinho escaped with only a yellow card after a studs-up challenge on Evan Ferguson.

Aston Villa 3-1 Man Utd, November 6 2022

Lucas Digne scored a free kick but a post-match review concluded the United wall was set too far back, giving the Villa full-back extra room for the set-piece.

Forest 2-2 Brentford, November 5 2022

Brentford were awarded a penalty despite replays showing Dean Henderson made minimal contact with Yoane Wissa.

Fulham 3-0 Aston Villa, October 20 2022

Douglas Luiz was sent off for Villa despite Aleksandar Mitrovic perpetrating a bust-up.

Man Utd 3-1 Arsenal, September 4 2022

Gabriel Martinelli's goal for Arsenal was disallowed by VAR after Martin Odegaard was incorrectly deemed to have fouled Christian Eriksen in the build-up.

Newcastle 0-0 Crystal Palace, September 3 2022

An own goal by Palace's Tyrick Mitchel was disallowed after Joe Willock was wrongly ruled to have impeded goalkeeper Vicente Guaita.

Chelsea 2-1 West Ham, September 3 2022

Jarrod Bowen was wrongly judged to have fouled Chelsea goalkeeper Edouard Mendy, ensuring West Ham's late equaliser was disallowed.

Crystal Palace 3-1 Aston Villa, August 20 2022

Andy Madley changed his mind on a Crystal Palace penalty after consulting the pitchside monitor, despite Lucas Digne handling the ball.

What I mean is there have been too many errors by VAR and it is impacting on fans, players clubs to have faith in the process and system. And it does not affect only Liverpool. This is no longer "Get on with it" as you say but requiring why so many incidents are happening. The game has gone not going to reverse the result.

Enough is enough.

PGMOL's VAR apologies listed

Tottenham 2-1 Liverpool, September 30 2023

Luis Diaz has a goal ruled out for Liverpool after being incorrectly ruled offside, with VAR Darren England failing to intervene.

Man Utd 1-0 Wolves, August 14 2023

Andre Onana recklessly challenged Sasa Kalajdzic inside the Manchester United box but VAR Jonathan Moss failed to instruct on-pitch referee Simon Hooper to check the pitchside monitor for a penalty.

Tottenham 2-1 Brighton, April 8 2023

Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg appeared to foul Kaoru Mitoma in the Tottenham box but referee Stuart Attwell declined to award a penalty and VAR Michael Salisbury supported the decision.

Everton 0-1 Man City, February 26 2023

Referee Paul Tierney and VAR Chris Kavanagh missed a handball from Manchester City midfielder Rodri, failing to award Everton a penalty.

Arsenal 1-1 Brentford, February 11 2023

Ivan Toney's offside equaliser was allowed to stand despite a VAR review overseen by Lee Mason, who failed to spot Christian Norgaard standing in an offside position.

Crystal Palace 1-1 Brighton, February 11 2023

VAR John Brooks drew an offside line in the wrong place, denying Brighton's Pervis Estupinan the opening goal at Selhurst Park as a legitimate goal was ruled out.

Brighton 2-1 Liverpool, January 29 2023

Liverpool's Fabinho escaped with only a yellow card after a studs-up challenge on Evan Ferguson.

Aston Villa 3-1 Man Utd, November 6 2022

Lucas Digne scored a free kick but a post-match review concluded the United wall was set too far back, giving the Villa full-back extra room for the set-piece.

Forest 2-2 Brentford, November 5 2022

Brentford were awarded a penalty despite replays showing Dean Henderson made minimal contact with Yoane Wissa.

Fulham 3-0 Aston Villa, October 20 2022

Douglas Luiz was sent off for Villa despite Aleksandar Mitrovic perpetrating a bust-up.

Man Utd 3-1 Arsenal, September 4 2022

Gabriel Martinelli's goal for Arsenal was disallowed by VAR after Martin Odegaard was incorrectly deemed to have fouled Christian Eriksen in the build-up.

Newcastle 0-0 Crystal Palace, September 3 2022

An own goal by Palace's Tyrick Mitchel was disallowed after Joe Willock was wrongly ruled to have impeded goalkeeper Vicente Guaita.

Chelsea 2-1 West Ham, September 3 2022

Jarrod Bowen was wrongly judged to have fouled Chelsea goalkeeper Edouard Mendy, ensuring West Ham's late equaliser was disallowed.

Crystal Palace 3-1 Aston Villa, August 20 2022

Andy Madley changed his mind on a Crystal Palace penalty after consulting the pitchside monitor, despite Lucas Digne handling the ball.

What I mean is there have been too many errors by VAR and it is impacting on fans, players clubs to have faith in the process and system. And it does not affect only Liverpool. This is no longer "Get on with it" as you say but requiring why so many incidents are happening. The game has gone not going to reverse the result.
The funny thing is that had VAR not been a thing that Diaz goal still would've been incorrectly ruled out for offside and you'd probably have scousers in their thousands signing petitions to get VAR installed into the premier league instead of trying to get it banned or the game replayed or a hundred other crazy things their fans are calling for.

The funny thing is that had VAR not been a thing that Diaz goal still would've been incorrectly ruled out for offside and you'd probably have scousers in their thousands signing petitions to get VAR installed into the premier league instead of trying to get it banned or the game replayed or a hundred other crazy things their fans are calling for.
Would have could have should have. I prefer dealing with the actual consequences of incompetent VAR decisions and not letting them have happen again. Again you're showing your dislike of the club and their fans rather than the issue VAR is not working to be the standard of being trusted.

Would have could have should have. I prefer dealing with the actual consequences of incompetent VAR decisions and not letting them have happen again. Again you're showing your dislike of the club and their fans rather than the issue VAR is not working to be the standard of being trusted.
Who says they want them to happen again? No one is the answer.

I'm showing my dislike towards how your club have reacted to this whole thing with that statement. You know what, I'm not a fan of Klopp, he's a terrible loser and has said some really bad stuff in the past in relation to referees and stuff and I was expecting him to go crazy after the game and I would've forgiven him as well as that was a bad mistake (not the worst by any means but bad nonetheless) but he was actually fine. But for the club to come out with that statement about integrity being undermined (what are they implying here exactly?) and exploring their options (what options exactly?) when they've had time to take the emotion out of it is incredible. It's no wonder their fan base is spouting crazy conspiracy stuff when the club is reacting like this.

It's also really funny how the club, and you, are trying to portray your motives as doing it for the good of all the clubs in the league, funny that you're doing it now when you've just been on the receiving end of a bad mistake even though Liverpool have apparently benefitted the most from VAR decisions out of any of the top 6.

You've said this to me before about my dislike of the club which I don't as I have no skin in the game but I must admit, while all clubs have idiot fans, Liverpool does seem to have a higher % than other clubs to be honest but as I say no surprise when the people running it are coming out with this stuff.

Who says they want them to happen again? No one is the answer.

I'm showing my dislike towards how your club have reacted to this whole thing with that statement. You know what, I'm not a fan of Klopp, he's a terrible loser and has said some really bad stuff in the past in relation to referees and stuff and I was expecting him to go crazy after the game and I would've forgiven him as well as that was a bad mistake (not the worst by any means but bad nonetheless) but he was actually fine. But for the club to come out with that statement about integrity being undermined (what are they implying here exactly?) and exploring their options (what options exactly?) when they've had time to take the emotion out of it is incredible. It's no wonder their fan base is spouting crazy conspiracy stuff when the club is reacting like this.

It's also really funny how the club, and you, are trying to portray your motives as doing it for the good of all the clubs in the league, funny that you're doing it now when you've just been on the receiving end of a bad mistake even though Liverpool have apparently benefitted the most from VAR decisions out of any of the top 6.

You've said this to me before about my dislike of the club which I don't as I have no skin in the game but I must admit, while all clubs have idiot fans, Liverpool does seem to have a higher % than other clubs to be honest but as I say no surprise when the people running it are coming out with this stuff.
I don't listen to the crazies. The game is not going to be replayed and I have already listed the number of bad VAR decisions which have affected other clubs.

The issue is the process VAR sucks and should be reviewed and updated. Get automatic offside rulings like they do in the CL but that won't be until next season.

Anyway quite clear that you don't like Liverpool and their fans and it is clouding your judgement on this issue that is all I am saying. Higher percentage based on what? Your perception of knowing Liverpool fans who you dislike?

This is a start but not the point. Whatever breakdown in communication between VAR and the referee saying check complete (when they both assumed no offside given) and blowing the whistle to restart the game needs looking at carefully and why.

I don't listen to the crazies. The game is not going to be replayed and I have already listed the number of bad VAR decisions which have affected other clubs.

The issue is the process VAR sucks and should be reviewed and updated. Get automatic offside rulings like they do in the CL but that won't be until next season.

Anyway quite clear that you don't like Liverpool and their fans and it is clouding your judgement on this issue that is all I am saying. Higher percentage based on what? Your perception of knowing Liverpool fans who you dislike?

This is a start but not the point. Whatever breakdown in communication between VAR and the referee saying check complete (when they both assumed no offside given) and blowing the whistle to restart the game needs looking at carefully and why.
You repeating the same thing doesn't make it true and we all know, literally every one, that you and Liverpool wouldn't be saying a thing had you won the game. That's the sad, pathetic thing and the thing you won't admit. You're making Rassie look like a reasonable person with this stuff.

What do you think was going to happen? Of course they were going to review this after a mistake like this. But you think it's acceptable for LFC to come out with that statement. I literally don't know what to say to you if you fail to see how ridiculous LFC behaviour has been and under the guise of helping the league. Lol, what a load of bollix. You're crying because you got done on a decision. End of. It really is that simple.

It's based online and how I have never seen a fan base, in the numbers I've seen Liverpool fans (exactly like you might I add) react like this to a bad VAR decision but you keep telling yourself it's because I hate the club which isn't true at all. I call out pathetic behaviour and I would do the same if it was any other club acting like this, but guess what, no other club has done this, talking about exploring options and calling out the integrity of officials. Sheffield UTD got relegated off an even worse decision buf my guess is you weren't up in arms then but happy to put them in a list now to make it appear you care about the game when in reality you're just sad your team lost a game of football.

Everything you want to happen (a review basically) would have happened anyway. It didn't need Liverpool coming out with that statement and whipping their base up in a frenzy. When you think about it it's straight out of the Trump/Tory playbook which is ironic considering it's Liverpool.

You repeating the same thing doesn't make it true and we all know, literally every one, that you and Liverpool wouldn't be saying a thing had you won the game. That's the sad, pathetic thing and the thing you won't admit. You're making Rassie look like a reasonable person with this stuff.

What do you think was going to happen? Of course they were going to review this after a mistake like this. But you think it's acceptable for LFC to come out with that statement. I literally don't know what to say to you if you fail to see how ridiculous LFC behaviour has been and under the guise of helping the league. Lol, what a load of bollix. You're crying because you got done on a decision. End of. It really is that simple.

It's based online and how I have never seen a fan base, in the numbers I've seen Liverpool fans (exactly like you might I add) react like this to a bad VAR decision but you keep telling yourself it's because I hate the club which isn't true at all. I call out pathetic behaviour and I would do the same if it was any other club acting like this, but guess what, no other club has done this, talking about exploring options and calling out the integrity of officials. Sheffield UTD got relegated off an even worse decision buf my guess is you weren't up in arms then but happy to put them in a list now to make it appear you care about the game when in reality you're just sad your team lost a game of football.

Everything you want to happen (a review basically) would have happened anyway. It didn't need Liverpool coming out with that statement and whipping their base up in a frenzy. When you think about it it's straight out of the Trump/Tory playbook which is ironic considering it's Liverpool.
TLDR. Give it a rest Welsh. You're beginning to sound crazy.

I'll weigh in that I can see both sides. Poor refereeing and VAR affects all teams and some moan more than others. However, VAR is a bit of a shambles and needs to be called out. Both points of view can be true.

Honestly think PL put VAR in in such an incompetent way to make it hated. Refs shouldn't be making decisions without even talking to each other. I've once gotten to AR with a TMO and we spent a whole day going over how to talk and listen to each other. Soccer just has the ref and VAR call each other mate and then make decisions independently.

Hello hello. No statement from LFC on this one. Funny that.

Hallo listen to the audio released. Major FU by VAR and his assistant. They lost sight of what they were checking. The only one that comes out with any credit is the relay operator.

Liverpool have every right to feel aggrieved on this one.

You should feel aggrieved. It was clearly a monumental **** up, one you don't see VAR make very often (and they make a lot) I have no problem with people feeling aggrieved, especially fans, I've been calling out the statement made by the club and the bullshit about it being about integrity and whatever.

You should feel aggrieved. It was clearly a monumental **** up, one you don't see VAR make very often (and they make a lot) I have no problem with people feeling aggrieved, especially fans, I've been calling out the statement made by the club and the bullshit about it being about integrity and whatever.
My issue is that you're making this personal about Liverpool when I am trying to focus on the VAR and this issue in hand. I can't do anything about what Liverpool release in terms of statement or what other fans say on this. But the trust (integrity) in the system has been lost on this one because it is not transparent enough. It shouldn't be "just get on with it" and "it's only Liverpool, every other club gets decisions against them" . It (the process) needs to be looked at and changed.

Look at last night with the automatic offside ruling when Hojlund scored. No debate - no several guys having a buddy chat in the box and forgetting what they are checking. But no doubt it won't be until next season.

The whole thing is ridiculous but only Liverpool fans can't see it. They've really opened Pandora's box here all because it's Liverpool and they're special.

This is ridiculous. So many teams have lost games because of poor officiating, whether VAR or just a plain mistake by ref/linesman. If you go down this road then it will just become a farce.
He also said it probably won't happen.
It's just an opinion. Doesn't mean he will get it.
The whole thing is ridiculous but only Liverpool fans can't see it. They've really opened Pandora's box here all because it's Liverpool and they're special.
They are 19 times the English top league champions and 6 times European Champions (most number by a British club) . Great history. If it leads to better communication and VAR and assistants not forgetting what they are checking all the better.

Latest posts