• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football Thread

The men's football team should sue him for discrimination. Not once has he kissed them like that 😂

Let me be clear, crystal clear: what he did was wrong. No buts, no ifs.

Now, have you seen the latest video of the players after they won the WC? Comparing them to Casillas and Carbonero?

England squad in full

Goalkeepers: Sam Johnstone (Crystal Palace), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal)
Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Lewis Dunk (Brighton), Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Levi Colwill (Chelsea), Fikayo Tomori (AC Milan), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle), Kyle Walker (Manchester City), Ben Chilwell (Chelsea)
Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Eberechi Eze (Crystal Palace), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Jordan Henderson (Al Ettifaq), James Maddison (Tottenham), Kalvin Phillips (Manchester City), Declan Rice (Arsenal)
Forwards: Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Harry Kane (Bayern Munich), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Callum Wilson (Newcastle), Eddie Nketiah (Arsenal).

Good to see Tomori back and Nketiah picked for first time. But will either be given a chance? Doubt it. Glad no Mount or Sterling. But no back up left back? Would think Colwill being left footed and Trippier can back up Chilwell.
No doubt Maguire will still get picked to start.

I would think v Ukraine we'll see a starting XI of:

Pickford

Walker
Guehi
Maguire
Chilwell

TAA
Rice
Bellingham

Saka
Kane
Rashford.

But should be all change v Scotland; it's only a friendly - well hope so. Will learn nothing from starting Maguire or Henderson. The likes of Ramsdale, Colwill

England squad in full

Goalkeepers: Sam Johnstone (Crystal Palace), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal)
Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Lewis Dunk (Brighton), Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Levi Colwill (Chelsea), Fikayo Tomori (AC Milan), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle), Kyle Walker (Manchester City), Ben Chilwell (Chelsea)
Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Eberechi Eze (Crystal Palace), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Jordan Henderson (Al Ettifaq), James Maddison (Tottenham), Kalvin Phillips (Manchester City), Declan Rice (Arsenal)
Forwards: Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Harry Kane (Bayern Munich), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Callum Wilson (Newcastle), Eddie Nketiah (Arsenal).

Good to see Tomori back and Nketiah picked for first time. But will either be given a chance? Doubt it. Glad no Mount or Sterling. But no back up left back? Would think Colwill being left footed and Trippier can back up Chilwell.
No doubt Maguire will still get picked to start.

I would think v Ukraine we'll see a starting XI of:

Pickford

Walker
Guehi
Maguire
Chilwell

TAA
Rice
Bellingham

Saka
Kane
Rashford.

But should be all change v Scotland; it's only a friendly - well hope so. Will learn nothing from starting Maguire or Henderson. The likes of Ramsdale, Colwill
How Henderson gets near a shout is beyond me. As a West Ham fan really which he'd pick Jarrod Bowen who's still on fire for us.

How Henderson gets near a shout is beyond me. As a West Ham fan really which he'd pick Jarrod Bowen who's still on fire for us.
Henderson will be a sub at best. but the same can be said on why Southgate is so loyal to Maguire and Phillips who can't buy a game at their clubs.
As for Bowen - he's got Saka, Foden, Maddison, Eze ahead of him on that right side. Those wide forward positions are one area of strength, hence why Sterling didn't get picked.

Southgate only has himself to blame for bringing him on when it was a perfect opportunity to give Colwill his debut. The OG will just be added to his meme collection on YT. No doubt he'll still pick him to start next month v Italy. But Dunk and Guehi showed they can play there instead.

Otherwise good performance and win albeit in a friendly away to an in form Scotland. Bellingham playing the 10 role behind Kane being the star man and so much choice on the right wing with Saka and Foden now.

My hometown (San Diego) is getting a Major League Soccer team in 2025. Which will probably leave our Major League Rugby team searching for another stadium to play in. From what I hear that's a distinct possibility. The San Diego State Aztecs play American football there and they get priority because San Diego State University owns the stadium. Soccer is more popular than rugby so they'll bring in more money. And that might leave the Legion (our rugby team) out in the cold due to scheduling conflicts. Hopefully things will be worked out by then because I'd hate to see the Legion have to relocate to another city or shut down.

1694635817773.png

Last edited:

What is the point of VAR?
To stop Liverpool winning the league. I'm all for that.

On a serious note at least they came straight out and say they messed up in the VAR team. The issues with the bunker is it yellow is it red etc makes VAR seem more accurate and less of a guessing game.

To stop Liverpool winning the league. I'm all for that.
Liverpool won't win the league anyway what with City's squad and quality but having VAR consistently mess up helps even less. Just read that the VAR England has been stood down.

On a serious note at least they came straight out and say they messed up in the VAR team. The issues with the bunker is it yellow is it red etc makes VAR seem more accurate and less of a guessing game.
Seems to be too common an occurrence (missing penalty decisions) this season but yes, prefer bunker system to this but can't see how an equivalent can be imposed in decisions involving offside in football. In terms of foul play yellow to red yes.

Liverpool do love a moan don't they. Most clubs, when they're on the receiving end of a bad offside call just get on with it. Liverpool release a statement to appease their fans saying they're exploring options. They'll be getting the UN involved or seeing if Biden can put any pressure on the FA to get the fixture replayed.

Liverpool do love a moan don't they. Most clubs, when they're on the receiving end of a bad offside call just get on with it. Liverpool release a statement to appease their fans saying they're exploring options. They'll be getting the UN involved or seeing if Biden can put any pressure on the FA to get the fixture replayed.
Just because it's Liverpool not an excuse to have a pop at them. Just shows up your prejudice against the club.

No different from VAR failure to award a penalty in the Man U v Wolves and the Wolves manager rightly complaining. It's the failure of officialdom letting down the game. Just blatantly obvious this time.

Both were disgraceful decisions but beginning to undermine the integrity of the use of VAR. Made even worse that the two who missed it were working in UAE 48 hours beforehand.

Just because it's Liverpool not an excuse to have a pop at them. Just shows up your prejudice against the club.

No different from VAR failure to award a penalty in the Man U v Wolves and the Wolves manager rightly complaining. It's the failure of officialdom letting down the game. Just blatantly obvious this time.

Both were disgraceful decisions but beginning to undermine the integrity of the use of VAR. Made even worse that the two who missed it were working in UAE 48 hours beforehand.
No I'm sorry, it's you that has the blinkers on. As I said in my post, EVERY other club gets on with it. I don't recall Wolves saying they were going to explore their options. I mean, that is actually a proper LOL moment from Liverpool. What options are they exploring exactly? Replay the fixture like their fans are all screaming? It's pathetic and sums up a lot of what is wrong with football. The way they carry on you'd think Liverpool have never benefited from a bad decision before. One bad offside call and they're going mental. It's a joke.

And the piece in the BBC going on a about injustice saying they did nothing wrong. Apart from getting 2 players sent off and scoring an own goal you mean.

No I'm sorry, it's you that has the blinkers on. As I said in my post, EVERY other club gets on with it. I don't recall Wolves saying they were going to explore their options. I mean, that is actually a proper LOL moment from Liverpool. What options are they exploring exactly? Replay the fixture like their fans are all screaming? It's pathetic and sums up a lot of what is wrong with football. The way they carry on you'd think Liverpool have never benefited from a bad decision before. One bad offside call and they're going mental. It's a joke.
But it's not about Liverpool. But the integrity of VAR as a system and its proper use. You're the one who has missed the point.
And the piece in the BBC going on a about injustice saying they did nothing wrong. Apart from getting 2 players sent off and scoring an own goal you mean.
Personally I did not complain about those other incidents.

Latest posts