• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Flannery cited

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
Yeah I'm seeing like an 8 week ban reduced to 3 or something on appeal.

Remember, under Prestwick's law it'd be 25 weeks no appeal.

If past indiscretions are taken into account, Flannery will get a lengthy ban. He's previously been suspended for "rucking" Julien Bonnaire's head a couple of years ago. Make an example of him and don't chicken out of a long ban like they did with John Hayes.

1st Commandment of citing a test players... "Thou shall not be banned for longer then 8 weeks"

That said, the IRFU can't have involvement this time at least.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Feb 16 2010, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah I'm seeing like an 8 week ban reduced to 3 or something on appeal.

Remember, under Prestwick's law it'd be 25 weeks no appeal.[/b]

Sadly that is probably like to happen. Needs to get a long ban, 10 weeks + imo

"In his position as a hooker he doesn't kick the ball, or if he does, it happen irregularly"

In my position as a law abiding citizen i don't go out stabbing people, so i could use this defence if i did so?

He should get the 12weeks just for bullsh*tting

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Feb 17 2010, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
"In his position as a hooker he doesn't kick the ball, or if he does, it happen irregularly"

In my position as a law abiding citizen i don't go out stabbing people, so i could use this defence if i did so?

He should get the 12weeks just for bullsh*tting[/b]

It would be horrible if hookers liked to kick balls

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Feb 17 2010, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

He should get the 12weeks just for bullsh*tting[/b]

In fairness to Flannery this is not him saying this, it's the reporter, so just keep things in perspective.

He's a lucky boy though as far as I'm concerned, could have had no complaints if he'd gotten a 12 match ban, conveniently he'll be back for Munster's 2 games before the Northampton match. Once again a mockery is made of the disciplinary system and this time the IRFU had no hand act nor part.

It is a sad sad day when it has to take Leinster fans to stand up for one of Munsters own...

..what has this world come to? What next? Connaught winning the Heineken Cup?

6 weeks, that's bloody ridiculous.

He will be back just in time for the HC QF against the Saints, what a coincidence.

"In his position as a football player Thierry Henry doesn't hand the ball , or if he does, it happen irregularly.

If he played at gooalkeeper, where handling is a critical part of the required skill set, the disciplinary committee could look on the incident as being more serious."

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Codorniou @ Feb 17 2010, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
6 weeks, that's bloody ridiculous.

He will be back just in time for the HC QF against the Saints, what a coincidence.[/b]

No problem, he'll get monstered by Hartley either way. Just delaying the inevitable.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Codorniou @ Feb 17 2010, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
He will be back just in time for the HC QF against the Saints, what a coincidence.[/b]
I don't understand how there's some sort of grand conspiracy to ensure Flannery's availability for the HC quarter final. Surely if there was, it would place more emphasis on club rugby than on international rugby since the panel had no qualms ruling the thug out of the remainder of the 6 Nations.

In my opinion Flannery deserved at least 6 weeks (and probably another couple tacked on) but I don't feel his availability for club rugby was remotely in the discilpinary panel's mind when they handed out the ban.

I hope Rory Best and Sean Cronin take this chance and push far ahead of Flannery in the Irish hooker pecking order. Best is a better player than Flannery in all facets of the game bar one - his lineout throwing which can be an achilles heel. Cullen and O'Connell are excellent lineout operators so that problem should be minimised.

I gaurantee you if this were a Munster vs Leinster QF the only tune any of you Leinster fans would be singing is "He will be back just in time for the HC QF against Leinster, what a coincidence."

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Feb 17 2010, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I gaurantee you if this were a Munster vs Leinster QF the only tune any of you Leinster fans would be singing is "He will be back just in time for the HC QF against Leinster, what a coincidence."[/b]
I'd still think that his suspension should have been longer but wouldn't think there was any coincidence that he was back for that game.

I'd also love it if Flannery was back just in time for a Heineken Cup quarter final v Leinster. He's an average player who can't scrummage, never runs forward (but looks flash handing people off while running sideways) and is likely to injure himself doing something stupid. He'd also be going into the game lacking match fitness with no rugby behind him for a significant period of time.