• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Flannery cited

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
Yeah. Not many people can accidentally hit a guy's ribs with their foot while the target is standing up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King D'arcy @ Feb 15 2010, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It was clearly a shoulder charge. I won't hear any other arguments[/b]
Ah yes, i remember reading somewhere that Flannery had had some radical surgery to replace his knee with his shoulder ;)

I think they have to say "alleged" until he's been tried and found guilty of the kick. The evidence is pretty damning though. He should be banned for quite a while.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Feb 15 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think they have to say "alleged" until he's been tried and found guilty of the kick. The evidence is pretty damning though. He should be banned for quite a while.[/b]

Quite damning evidence, a DNA test is not necessary

Flannery

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Codorniou @ Feb 15 2010, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Feb 15 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think they have to say "alleged" until he's been tried and found guilty of the kick. The evidence is pretty damning though. He should be banned for quite a while.[/b]

Quite damning evidence, a DNA test is not necessary

Flannery
[/b][/quote]
He clearly kicked after the french player collected the ball, he can't even say he was comitted beforehand

I agree, he clearly kicked Palisson but if he was cited with "kicking a French player", his lawyer would get him off due to the wording of the citation influencing the citing commisioner I'd imagine. Better to use flowery language now and throw the book at him later than incriminate him now and see him get off on a technicality.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Feb 15 2010, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Palisson will get a 70 week ban cos he French.[/b]

Haha you must love to get us started. I do hope they don't find a photo of Palisson's balls maliciously squeezing Flan's foot. He would be in deep deep **** if that happens

I once thought to myself about an opposite winger "If that little shite gets past me again, I'm going to boot him into the members bar!" I also had enough sense to never actually followed it through however.

A rush of blood to the head from a frustrated player. Should be the deserved end to his season.

If only he could use frustration as an excuse. I think we were drawing at the time and we had penalty advantage. Idiotic

Fla is innocent :eek: Bias against Munster :p

But well on serious note I expect him to maybe get 4-8weeks which is disappointing.

Only postives are that Rory Best is 100% capable of doing the job although my only worry is his darts can be shaky at times.

And for Munster Fla hasn't played alot for us and Fogs and Varley have performed well so far this season so the loss while disappointing won't kill us

cronin must be livin it as he may get onto the bench

best is a better scrumager anyway

When i first saw it, i thought that he might have thought that the ball was still loose, and tried to give it a booting down field. I think he just had a major brain-fart. Surely he wouldn't have intentionally thought "hey, here's my chance to kick a Frenchman! OOF!"

ye he did think the ball was loose cause when he kicked him he went to see if he was ok, should still get banned though

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (coonor @ Feb 16 2010, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ye he did think the ball was loose cause when he kicked him he went to see if he was ok, should still get banned though[/b]

Im sorry but that is bullshit. Just cause he felt sorry afterwards doesn't mean he didn't do it on purpose. That's actually the definition of a rush of blood to the head.

It was a disgusting move and i'm glad he's getting cited. No doubt he'll get but a few weeks ban and then he'll appeal and he'll be playing for Ireland against Wales.

Latest posts