• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England World Cup Squad

Englands average ruck speed is about 6 seconds. 2nd slowest team of all RWC squads. Guess it's a work on, get better, go again next week.

Identifying the problem is one thing, but doesn't really feel like a quick fix though.

Ruck speeds from the group stages are discussed in a Times article this morning. 39% of Eng's rucks were 6 seconds+ with those averaging out at 6.1. Overall average of 4.4 with only Wales worse at 4.8.

Of the big favourites Fra are 3.7, Boks 3.4, Ire 3.1 and NZ 3.0. Ita were best at 2.8, followed by Arg at 2.9.

Whether you like 'mini rucks' or not in % terms those differences are quite telling. What you then do with that ball is another matter….

Is that actually the game plan? To be fitter than everyone else and score most of the points at the end. If so it's ridiculous to put the majority of the focus on it.

Not sure what pod it was on but it was said before the prem final Borthwick told the Leicester lads. They'd basically play the percentages, be in the fight for the last five and then win it.

I can firmly believe that's the plan for England as well. Stay in the fight, try and nick it in the last twenty.

Not sure what pod it was on but it was said before the prem final Borthwick told the Leicester lads. They'd basically play the percentages, be in the fight for the last five and then win it.

I can firmly believe that's the plan for England as well. Stay in the fight, try and nick it in the last twenty.
Thats a fine strategy as long as 2 things, you are rock solid in defence and your kicking game is on point. With chases doing a very good job of putting pressure on the kick.

If not they can counter by running it back at you and any lapses and your behind without foring a shot of your own.

Itoje says when they're not playing they're getting flogged fitness wise....Walters is not making it easy for them...lol

I'm really not sure that that's wise; probably a bit late to be doing absolute beasting. When I knew something about this sort of stuff, intensity remained but volume decreased, starting three weeks before an A game.

Hey ho, if it's only those who aren't playing, maybe the tapering has started now for a possible QF or SF.

Sending players out knackered in an important tournament is potty.

Rumours that Arundell didn't play due to a training bust up with Faz.

Think it may be from Goode tho, so massive pinch of salt

Initial rumour was that Arundell missed out on selection because of the scrap. That means it must have happened prior to the team naming, so earlier than last Thursday. So they've spent nearly an entire week deciding on whether to send him home or not? I don't buy any of it.

Rumours that Arundell didn't play due to a training bust up with Faz.

Think it may be from Goode tho, so massive pinch of salt
I thought you meant Alex Goode for a second there haha, was going to saythats crazy he'd come out with something like that about a teammate....then i realised wrong Goode.

If we start picking ******* Malins or Daly again I am super super done. Marchant on the wing can do one as well he's a natural 13.

Latest posts