• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Japan - 12/11/22

He's definitely trying to make things happen when it's not always turned out to be a good decision, but I'd rather see a fly half taking a few risks. Having just watched Lawrence against Tigers at 12, I reckon Smith would be much better served with a (very talented) ball-carrying lump outside him.

For the record, Lawrence has fantastic feet and considerable ball skills too.
Agree WHY Lawrence is not in the squad is ridiculous...and I'll add Ted Hill. A monster.

Why the kick I get it led to a positive outcome but hasn't more often than not Eng we're not struggling to go forward at any point in that phase.
Tbh the issue has never been kicking in itself. Kicking works if done effectively (for space, to the corner to put pressure on a line or to compete) the issue has been England's pointless kicking regardless of the situation.

Everything about that from and England pov was unusually slick.

Tbh the issue has never been kicking in itself. Kicking works if done effectively (for space, to the corner to put pressure on a line or to compete) the issue has been England's pointless kicking regardless of the situation.
Agreed but when you are 30 odd up on the scoreboard just outside the opposition 22 with plenty of go forward kicking just doesn't seem like the best option.

If you were allowed 14 substitutes, which England player would play all 80?

This is, of course, a rhetorical question.

Latest posts