• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v Scotland

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Mar 22 2009, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Kearney has it, but was told not to show it in the 6N. Steady as she goes. That's the frustrating thing about Kidney. But Kidney was proved right.

I suppose it's a mark of Kearney's maturity that he did what he was told. But then he got subbed? He needs to kick off a bit more, upset the master plan. I'm sure he can do it. Otherwise he'll end up like Darse. (Who still has it, BTW!)[/b]

Agreed, follow the plan but he nneds to learn that if he sees space and he won't get isolated he should run at it.

really looking forward to the Summer development thing and the Churchill Cups. We'll get to see the likes of Keatley, Earls, Carr and Cave in the backs and hopefully Cronin, Caldwell, Pollock, O'Brien, Healy and Ryan in the forwards. What a cracking group of young players like.

Following the plan nearly ruined Darse, he went from the best 12 in the 6N to an average bosh merchant in 3 years! I know playing the percentages won us a grandslam, but when you have the players we have why not let them play with a bit of trained spontaneity as Robbie Deans put it.

Oh ****. For a month or so I'd completely forgotten about the shoite that is the Churchill Cup. Thanks for reminding me of the horrors that await. :cryy:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Mar 22 2009, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Following the plan nearly ruined Darse, he went from the best 12 in the 6N to an average bosh merchant in 3 years! I know playing the percentages won us a grandslam, but when you have the players we have why not let them play with a bit of trained spontaneity as Robbie Deans put it.[/b]

He was amazing that year, nominated for IRB World Player of the Year if I remember correctly.

He's still done a job for us in this tournament, granted he's not at his peak form, but he's said himself it'll take more games than what he's played now before he's back at that level, hopefully by Easter Sunday.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 22 2009, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
He's still done a job for us in this tournament, granted he's not at his peak form, but he's said himself it'll take more games than what he's played now before he's back at that level, hopefully by Easter Sunday.[/b]

Easter Smeaster, lets look forward to the 2012 6N. Last game. England vs Ireland in Twickenham. Grand Slam decider 4 minutes to go and Ireland are 4 points down. Veteran Heaslip comes flying off the back of a Scrum, Crodt comes off the side of the scrum to tackle him, but it's too late, it's spun out to Keatley.

Keatley dummies Cipriani but Care has him covered and puts in a hit. But Keatley's got it out in the tackle and Earls Cathes it virtually on his shoe laces, sidesteps Turner-Hall, he sprints into the the England 22, Banahan just on has him covered though!

But wait, Cave is running a lovely line on the inside. Earls pops it to him and cave thunders in between Armitage and the right post!

The Crowd goes wild! AHHHHHHHHHHH! TRY! Luke Fitzgerald, Tommy Bowe and the new Munster and Ireland star Scott Deasy run up to congratulate him. Ireland win there third ever Grand Slam and second consecutive Championship!

Can't wait. Gonna see if I can buy or book my ticket in advance!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Mar 22 2009, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 22 2009, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's still done a job for us in this tournament, granted he's not at his peak form, but he's said himself it'll take more games than what he's played now before he's back at that level, hopefully by Easter Sunday.[/b]

Easter Smeaster, lets look forward to the 2012 6N. Last game. England vs Ireland in Twickenham. Grand Slam decider 4 minutes to go and Ireland are 4 points down. Veteran Heaslip comes flying off the back of a Scrum, Crodt comes off the side of the scrum to tackle him, but it's too late, it's spun out to Keatley.

Keatley dummies Cipriani but Care has him covered and puts in a hit. But Keatley's got it out in the tackle and Earls Cathes it virtually on his shoe laces, sidesteps Turner-Hall, he sprints into the the England 22, Banahan just on has him covered though!

But wait, Cave is running a lovely line on the inside. Earls pops it to him and cave thunders in between Armitage and the right post!

The Crowd goes wild! AHHHHHHHHHHH! TRY! Luke Fitzgerald, Tommy Bowe and the new Munster and Ireland star Scott Deasy run up to congratulate him. Ireland win there third ever Grand Slam and second consecutive Championship!

[/b][/quote]

Ireland's best result since dumping the All Blacks out of their own world cup the year before!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Mar 23 2009, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Mar 22 2009, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 22 2009, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Ireland's best result since dumping the All Blacks out of their own world cup the year before!
[/b][/quote]
Amazing. And England RWC champs for the second time as well.

This stuff - you just can't make it up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Mar 22 2009, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Mar 22 2009, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't need to argue about Mears, Sheridan and Haskell because I've never heard precisely why they're 'nowhere near good enough.'[/b]

Mears: Reasionable lineout thrower and has a decent partnership with Stevens in the lose (who'd rather inhale 3/4 of his over-inflated paycheque, so's rightfully not playing for the next 2 years), but he is a **** poor scrummager and never looks interested on the contact play. A medeocre backup player during Englands worst ever era, only plays for England because of the BathMafia.

Haskell: Rated very highly by himself - Mostly due to being built up and compared to Uncle Lawrence who was long past his best. Takes after Vickery in decision making and is a walking penalty. Also is protected by Probyn and Blackett so acts above the law. Not a patch on Croft or Robshaw. Will never be an 8.

Sheridan: 6'97", 736kg mountain of muscle with no technical ability whatsoever. <strike>Often</strike> Always had on toast by any tighthead worth their salt - Even Australians. Also never makes the running yards which he's apparently renouned for.

Ellis: Thug. Cheat. Gobby. Poor pass. Blind alleys. Slow service. Stupid face. Leicester scum. Walking penalty count. Should be a straight fight between Care and Hodgson for the 9 shirt.
[/b][/quote]
Haskell, is this the same guy you saying was the future of the England back row and mega talented when he was overlooked for the world cup squad.God you change your mind!

Oh no danny, he's going to play in France next year, that makes him a bad person and therefor a **** player, everyone knows that. What a turncoat *******, how dare he benefit himself (as a player and as a person) when he could be playing the same teams year in year out and "doing his bit" for the English game. HOW DARE HE! HOW DARE HE! </sarcasm>

Kind of fickle if you ask me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Mar 22 2009, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Mar 22 2009, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Meh @ Mar 22 2009, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Horrible game and now I have to deal with English WUM mates deluded enough to think that England are better than Wales because of points difference.[/b]

Yeah, just ask them who won Wales vs England.
[/b][/quote]

You won't find any on TRF, we all recodnise how fortunate <strike>Johnson</strike> Andrew was to finish Joint second with France on Wales. 606 is the place for that bullshit.

And GG, you're mostly right with your point, but you're miles off with Mears, Sheridan, Haskell and Ellis. None of them are near good enough.
[/b][/quote]

Oh, don't worry, none on here.

You are all wonderful. ;)

Latest posts